Hummingbird the underwater creature

Fir.7932

@"Eulefant.9624" said:A duck..

Since day one I have been saying replace all mounts with a duckGW2 lacks ducks, they are neverywhere

1) Raptor, runs, jumps - a duck can do that, and it wobbles too2) jackal, same - a duck can do that3) Springer, ever see Donald Duck in rage ? yes ! - a duck can jump up and down4) Griffin, flies, dives - a duck can and WONT stop being a duck when hitting water surfaces5) Skyscale , flies, climbs with effort - a duck does too6) Beetle ? - ever seen a duckling roll up ?7) Skimmer - it's a duck in disguise

I already made my alt account into a duck-themed naming frenzie, so I am ready.

To quote Gene Hackman:"Duck I says"

=)

I am amused at imagining a jack of all trades duck mount.

I've stopped using the hummingbird skin now it can go underwater.

The animations are too jarring to look at. it twitches and darts around underwater with no water resistance. ontop of that the wing flap is also that of a creature in the air rather than under water. It makes me wish the hummingbird skin was never made and something more fish like was made instead.

Currently ive reverted to the hammerhead shark skin, but will probably use the Killer Whale skin if that ever comes up again.

I've never really liked the creature replacement skins all that much.. stuff like this kinda shows why.

I wouldn't mind if anet went back and updated the humming bird skin but I doubt they will.. it's funny and all but I don't blame people who stopped using it because of this new ability.

I don't see why we are upset that a giant hummingbird can hold its breath so well ? Obviously this is just collateral damage we will need to accept and move on. People who paid for this skin got what they paid for frankly. If they make a change it will simply be a kind bonus. The air bubble on the beak sounds like the least invasive approach aside from changing nothing.

@Jagblade.4627 said:The skimmer was never intended to be used underwater and there were even lore reasons for why it wasn't a sea creature. This was just kind of a patchjob for people who wanted an underwater mount without designing brand new content around that. I'm happy we got anything at all though.

i might be misremembering, but i think that in the anniversary stream they talked about that they were actually originally thinking about making them underwater mounts during, but ended up scrapping the idea because of some technical reasons. the original concept was like a mount that could dive underwater, but the hummingbird skin was made with assumption that they arent gonna change mind about skimmer diving.