soloQ gold rank

haenz.9578

You cant leave this shit as solo player. It is impossible. You play with mates which dies instant, I mean really...the don´t use anything.WTF ANET can u change this retarded ranking system?Why I have to play teh whole season with such teams?Great company...play your own game pls

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:Get good and stop crying, it's not hard to reach highrank in soloQ

Every single top rated player duo queues and makes themselves easy matches. Most even admit that getting 1700+ is impossible solo.

I've watched former top10 players get stuck in gold3 for entire days, sometimes weeks.

non sense, ive reached plat3 for the last like 10 seasons, all solo and regardless of balance and population as well1700 is very casual level still, and hundreds of players get there every season (and mostly the same as well)

@DonNee.5128 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:Get good and stop crying, it's not hard to reach highrank in soloQ

Every single top rated player duo queues and makes themselves easy matches. Most even admit that getting 1700+ is impossible solo.

I've watched former top10 players get stuck in gold3 for entire days, sometimes weeks.

non sense, ive reached plat3 for the last like 10 seasons, all solo and regardless of balance and population as well1700 is very casual level still, and hundreds of players get there every season (and mostly the same as well)EU?NA is different, it's gate kept by like 10 people.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

non sense, ive reached plat3 for the last like 10 seasons, all solo and regardless of balance and population as well1700 is very casual level still, and hundreds of players get there every season (and mostly the same as well)EU?NA is different, it's gate kept by like 10 people.

the starter of this topic is from eu

@DonNee.5128 said:

The forums don't tell me that(I think?). Yeah EU plat1 is easy, I got it 3 games after placements but I'm forever stuck in gold3 on NA unless I queue at prime time only, lol.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

The forums don't tell me that(I think?). Yeah EU plat1 is easy, I got it 3 games after placements but I'm forever stuck in gold3 on NA, lol.

i play on both eu and na, and to be honest i hardly notice a difference, other than na just having less players

@haenz.9578 said:You cant leave this kitten as solo player. It is impossible. You play with mates which dies instant, I mean really...the don´t use anything.kitten ANET can u change this kitten ranking system?Why I have to play teh whole season with such teams?Great company...play your own game pls

I don't PvP enough to finish seasons generally, but I've placed platinum recently as soloQ and haven't had these issues. What's the premise here? That you're the only one going soloQ?

Try to think of it this way: Those games where you win or lose 500 to 50 don't matter at all in the long run. You're as likely to end up winning due to bad matchmaking as you are losing. It's the games you could have won that matter. The difference between climbing or falling comes down to winning those games more often than you lose them.

If you're stuck in gold for the long haul, maybe you belong in gold? But keep in mind that this is not just about your ability as a player. I saw this first hand my first season. I placed low gold 1 and couldn't break into gold 2. The problem was my build. I was a pretty solid duelist even then and could hold my own in duels against plat 1 players. I figured that would translate well into conquest wins. I was wrong. I ended up changing my build and strategy to a less selfish play style and it worked. I quickly climbed to plat and stayed there until the end of the season.

The point is my skill as a player wasn't the issue in that case. Matchmaking wasn't the issue either. It was all down to me recognizing the difference between winning duels and winning conquest games. The specifics of your case are probably different, but the solution is the same. If you're stuck in gold for the long haul, you're there because that's where you belong. Something needs to change. The fact that you would do better in duoQ with a solid teammate is a given, but it's a given for every soloQ player.

@haenz.9578 said:You cant leave this kitten as solo player. It is impossible. You play with mates which dies instant, I mean really...the don´t use anything.kitten ANET can u change this kitten ranking system?Why I have to play teh whole season with such teams?Great company...play your own game pls

im top 26 soloq power rev..you gotta play for carry and you cant carry with cheap builds

Just play a high damage team fighting class like holo or reaper, or a high mobility decapping class like thief or ranger. Best ways to solo carry in low tiers.

@Majy.6792 said:

Just play a high damage team fighting class like holo or reaper, or a high mobility decapping class like thief or ranger. Best ways to solo carry in low tiers.

Or something that can 1v3 far

@Shiyo.3578 said:

I’ve done that on NA too, you just cannot spam qs in offhours

@jwhite.7012 said:

@"FrownyClown.8402" said:What do you play? Its much easier to carry a team with a roamer like thief or rev. In my experience playing a support makes you less likely to win

Preach. I can play my staff temp, and dish out nearly 1mil heals and still get steam rolled.

I hear you bro. And from time to time get called for "not healing" when ppl clearly run away from you, or the best so far "tempest isnt doing damage" when you just tryin to support and stay alive.

The way I look at it is if you have a DC at the start of the game and it's 4v5 you're not going to win. So some players are so bad it's worse than having a DC as they just feed and give 5 points over and over to the other team. If you have someone like this on your team you don't have a chance of winning.

@Seb De Tyra.3421 said:

The way I look at it is if you have a DC at the start of the game and it's 4v5 you're not going to win. So some players are so bad it's worse than having a DC as they just feed and give 5 points over and over to the other team. If you have someone like this on your team you don't have a chance of winning.

While that is unsatisfying and a waste of time, you are as likely to have that player on your team as the opposing team. In either case, those games weren't realistically winnable for the team saddled with dead weight. Frustrating? Sure. But if a player isn't climbing the ladder, it isn't because matchmaking unfairly matches them with more losers than the teams they face!