[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I would like to add the following to the pile of QoL/Enhancement suggestions:

Resource Acquisition

1. Bountiful Harvest Nodes - these function like rich ore nodes, but are for plants, berries, herbs, and other nodes that fall into the "harvested by sickle" category. It would be nice to have this as an option for some nodes, such as Flax, &c.
  2. Mature Wood Nodes - same as above, but for wood.
  3. Guild Ascended Material Nodes - Could function the same as the guild cloth or leather nodes, except just have a chance to yield one ascended crafting material and/or some number of finished T5-T6 materials (not the raw materials, finished materials: planks, squares, ingots, bolts, lodestones, &c).4.Lodestone Vein Node - Drops materials associated lodestones of all levels.
  4. Crystalline Vein Node - Drops symbols or piles of lucent crystal, &c

Gameplay and Mechanics

1. Stat-changeable Exotics - It would be nice to have a method for changing the stats of exotic equipment. That might be a perk (and who knows, it could be more expensive for that kind of system), specifically for ascended, but getting full sets of ascended equipment takes time.

Home Instance

1. Profession Crafting Station - Similar to Chef, but for the other professions as well.
  2. Guild Banking Representative - Convenience, if anything.
  3. Additionally, making nodes similar to the ones above would be nice.

New User Interface button - Skill Bar Lock.Each character should have it's unique independent Skill Bar Lock button.Skill Bar Lock will prevent the change of skills on Build Template change( Healing skill, Utility Skills and Elite Skill ).

From example of my thief, it is pretty much same skill bar for all build templates, I am just slightly change skills depending on situation. But Build Templates are used by me to change trait variations. While i have changed situational skill bar and have to change traits ( also situational ) it also changes skill bar and brings alot of... uncomfortability.

Some characters can use one fixated Skill Bar, and use Build Templates only to switch between different traits.

Please nerf Triple Trouble Wurm bosses (Bloodtide Coast): reduce the amount of trash mobs by 20-40%, and HP for individual boss for about the same. I understand some people welcome the difficulty, but these are World Bosses, not highly organized elite raiding teams. Most people don't know what to do, when to do, and I've only been to 2 different wurms. To even get a chance, you must join a squad, and even then, you fail it. So please nerf them, so people don't have to feel disappointed as they tried their best and then they fail anyway. It's quite discouraging for everyone.

@Zizekent.2398 said:

@Jagblade.4627 said:It would be nice if we could dismount in mid air and just glide.

There's already a mastery for it

There is bond of faith I suppose, which launches you upwards and has a cooldown. But a regular dismount and drop would also be nice. Diving on the Griffon has spoiled me in the face of the Skyscale's slow descent. Sometimes I just want to eat pavement as fast as possible when flying around in search of gathering nodes, caches, or collectibles.

Not sure if it's quality of life, but a better LFG system would be nice.

Right now it's very much manuel labor to find any relevant group, regardless of if it's Open World, Fractals or Raids.

Perhaps I only want to do Wing 2 in raids. In that case I have to type that in into the search bar, but the search system only shows any lfg that has those exact words, and some people might use "w2" instead of "wing 2.This also makes it hard to search for serveral parametres, like a healer spot in raids, or a fractal run with CM and Recs included.

Please let us salvage skins! Like those rares that are account bound skins, that get added to your wardrobe automatically. Right now, if you try to destroy them (because they're already in your wardrobe!) you get the prompt to type in the name of the item. Instead of doing that, why not let us salvage it for a transmutation charge.

This could even be extended to skins that are not yet bound. When salvaged, they'd be added to the player's wardrobe and the player would get one transmutation charge.

This saves us from having to type out some pretty long names. I destroy them because I mostly want to collect them for my wardrobe, but not actually use them (at least not right away!). And I don't really enjoy having them take up inventory or bank space :(

As fashion is such an important part of the game I would love to see the addition of a proper wardrobe function where we can create different looks and save them to our wardrobe so we can switch between looks more easily in the click of a button. Registering or changing "ensemble" would still cost 1 transmutation charge per action, but it would make it so much easier!

In the character select screen, the latest played character is always put on the first spot. Allow us an option to turn this on and off. I really want to keep my characters in the same place in the character select screen after playing them. Having my characters in order of pve/wvw/spvp and not having them shuffled around like what happens now would be really great.

@"chaoticshelly.2846" said:As fashion is such an important part of the game I would love to see the addition of a proper wardrobe function where we can create different looks and save them to our wardrobe so we can switch between looks more easily in the click of a button. Registering or changing "ensemble" would still cost 1 transmutation charge per action, but it would make it so much easier!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/92903/suggestion-custom-outfit-skin-templates#latest

Would be nice if there was a bundle of name change contracts.A single name changer is okay, kinda pricy (for new players), but understandable... thou it gets really problematic when you want to add a family name, or change how you name your toons when you have 10 or more of them.When it was released, 800 gems would go for 20g?! Now it's 300g, so it's 3.000g to change all your toons :(... still, it's not a big problem, but it would be a plus if a bundle could added, like we have for Makeover kits

repeating a few suggestions from others and listing some of my own (again):

• option for selective player effects ( self only / party only / squad only / all )
  • option to turn off name plates/name tags and health bars for squad ( party is fine )
  • option to change the crosshair (to a different shape like a cross or angle) and colour of crosshair ( red/green/blue/white/cyan/orange/etc. ) in Action Camera Mode
  • option to turn off other player's infusions and backpacks
  • option to change in-game mouse cursor to use OS cursor/gw2 cursor/custom cursor
  • a /changepose for sitting and weapon idles and/or other applicable emotes
  • option for previously viewed cutscenes to be auto-skipped ( on / off )

Let us have silent emotes.

This, while not a priority, is something I've been wanting for years.

Half the spam I run into in this game is 40 people crossing their arms when I pass a roleplay area or resource hub. Not only can I not physically see people performing these emotes (because they won't show unless you were there when they were first performed), but they gum up the chat. This is bad for people who encounter these walls of text, but it's also bad for roleplayers and other people who want to enjoy the emote system without annoying those around them.

I propose a silencing prefix that would allow a character to perform an emote without adding a message to the chat._ie: /quiet_sit /quietdance

No clue how this game has its emotes coded, but I've seen similar systems implemented in other MMOs to great effect. Some of them do it with a silencing chat command, and others have a simple check box you can tick in your settings. Either option would be excellent QoL. I'd also be open to a 'show no emotes' option which would leave the decision entirely up to individual players.

would be nice if Chasing Tales items would dissapear after unlocking achi. Now possible to buy them multiple times without any reason for this.image.png

@AgentMoore.9453 said:Let us have silent emotes.in chat settings you can disable any type of messages.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

• option to turn off name plates/name tags and health bars for squad ( party is fine )same, already in options.

@"TristisOris.2165" said:same, already in options.

currently you can't disable squad nameplates. sure there's an option for "Show All Player Names" but once you join a squad they are forced on regardless of settings. assuming you had character limit to lowest and effects LOD, try turning the checkbox off then run any full meta or worldboss then try leaving the squad mid-event, see the difference. nameplates contribute to machine lag (not network lag)

@TristisOris.2165 said:

Let us have silent emotes.
in chat settings you can disable any type of messages.

Doesn't help roleplayers or remove spam from the chat for people who are talking to each other near players using emotes (either responsibly or as spam). Unfortunately, the only option right now is to completely shut off local messages which doesn't adequately solve the issue. Thank you for the reply though.