New Friends System

I'd like to purpose a new friends system. Or just enjoy these players in certain modes system.Like PvP, usually these guys only do PvP, but you want raids, fractals, you want guild missions too.

How about A new set of friend type for all kinds of modes like PvP, fractal, dungeons, etc. mode.

Then when match/fractal, etc. ends, it promotes, did you enjoy playing with these players. Instead of asking to join as a team, it says join their friends, or ask them to join your friends.

Then whenever you do PvP if they are part of the friends the game checks to see if any of those other players are playing too, and if so it gets both of you playing with each other.

Can work in fractals too, like did you enjoy these players in fractals, add them to your list of players you'd like to do fractals in future with.

Right now the friends list, seems like its just do you enjoy them in general, you might really like doing fractals with them, but adding them to friends list is different story.

Add a bonus to playing with them too.

After about 100 PvP games you'll find someone to PvP with, with this system.After about 100 fractal runs, you'll find someone to fractal with, with this system.

Yes people can just do it on their own. But players who usually solo this mode will make them more social. All you do is click "yes I'd PvP with this guy again", "yes I'd fractal with this guy again". And if both matches you get another list like a friends list but more I want to play with you again in this mode again type list.

Make becoming friends easier. This doesn't even have to be friends, but like I like to play with you in PvP list.Then maybe if both players are on, one of them sends the other a pvp? message, because you have them flagged as you like to PvP with them.

@"kharmin.7683" said:Isn't this what "guilds" are for?

In guilds most of time you have to rep, sure there are some that don't require rep. (PvP guild, rep us, fractals rep us, raids rep us, guild missions rep us)ALSO, Guilds require work too if you want to PvP which is rare thing but some players enjoy it, you have to socialize to get the other memebers to do it, fractals, etc. too.

This system, at the end of each mode. Put a checkmark by them if you liked playing with them.This system does the work for you.Guilds you gotta do the work.

This is why solo players stay solo players."too much work to get others to play with me"This occurs even in guilds."I'm in a guild but no one talks to me"They have to do effort of talking to someone and the other person has to do effort responding back.

Its better to have a system Just put a checkmark here if you'd like doing PvP with this person again. Just put a checkmark here if you'd like to fractal with this person again.

I say after 100 pvp matches after 100 fractals, because both players have to match, and both players do it as much or willing to do it again even though they matched.Theres no limit to the matching too, and players can remove others if they later decide they don't want to pvp or fractal with the other player.

Of course you do rewards, because that's incentive to get players to party up.

So yes guilds help, but not really. You still have to do the work of "socializing".This system, just matchup, you don't have to socialize at all, you just like playing with them. No socializing, but you are in fact socializing by playing with them.

Have this be a pvp list, a fractal list, etc. All you do is click on their name and click on request button. If accepted you party up or have them join the party.

Makes forming pvp groups easier, fractal groups easier, in the current way with friends or guild you gotta ask the guild ask the friend, this way "do you want to join this person in doing fractals accept or decline. No asking necessary.You can still be a non talker, a solo'er type player, but you have these easy socializing features and maybe turn into a socialable player.

@kharmin.7683 said:Hmm... ok, I see what you're saying. I'm not convinced that such a system might run counter to what would be in Anet's best interest for an MMO experience. /shrug

This MMORPG is all about building friendships.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:You can always add a note to their name, such as: PvP (Friend), or Fractal (Friend), etc.

That requires work, you also have to add them as a friend and they have to add you back.

With this system, after you do some game mode, PvP, Fractals, etc. You just press the like button or something and all sudden next time when you have urge to do PvP, Fractals, etc. You play with someone familiar if they need to do it again.

After 100 or so rounds, I'm sure you'll have made a friend.This mode is not super beneficial for the socialable players, its very beneficial for the unsocialable ones, the solo life.This mode gives them friend, all they do is set themselves active for PvP, Fractals, etc. the other person sees it and clicks on somebutton and it asks the player playing the game but also interesting in doing some PvP as well or Fractals, raids, etc. if he still wants to part and then party up happens.

No sending a message, its all done via UI. Sure the players could send each other messages if they want, but these are quiet, solo life players. A lot of modes in these games are done with party, and its nice for them to count on someone else they like to be looking for same kind of game content.

Yes, you can just make friends, yes you can just add note. But that requires work, you have to communicate. Solo players avoid communication if they don't have too. Maybe two players liked playing with each other, but neither feels like putting effort into messaging or adding friend. Maybe because they thought the other guy was too good for them, and the other guy thought the same.

This is the mode that helps with those issues.Just makes making friends and/or playing with same people again even better...How often do you see people in PvP put themselves in LFG? Like hardly any.How often do you get into a fractal and it's nothing but wipes, would like to play with someone you know is actually trying and pays attention.

Friend takes work to add friend, takes work to ask friend "hey you want fractal, pvp, etc?"You just made that person your friend, its gonna seem weird to ask, maybe you haven't played with them in a long time too. It's not easy to predicate when all sudden you going to take a break and say to self "I gotta put notes on all 40 of my friends because I'm not going to remember what all 40 of these guys do".

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Hmm... ok, I see what you're saying. I'm not convinced that such a system might run counter to what would be in Anet's best interest for an MMO experience. /shrug

This MMORPG is all about building friendships.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:You can always add a note to their name, such as: PvP (Friend), or Fractal (Friend), etc.

That requires work, you also have to add them as a friend and they have to add you back.

With this system, after you do some game mode, PvP, Fractals, etc. You just press the like button or something and all sudden next time when you have urge to do PvP, Fractals, etc. You play with someone familiar if they need to do it again.

After 100 or so rounds, I'm sure you'll have made a friend.
This mode is not super beneficial for the socialable players, its very beneficial for the unsocialable ones, the solo life.
This mode gives them friend, all they do is set themselves active for PvP, Fractals, etc. the other person sees it and clicks on somebutton and it asks the player playing the game but also interesting in doing some PvP as well or Fractals, raids, etc. if he still wants to part and then party up happens.

No sending a message, its all done via UI. Sure the players could send each other messages if they want, but these are quiet, solo life players. A lot of modes in these games are done with party, and its nice for them to count on someone else they like to be looking for same kind of game content.

Yes, you can just make friends, yes you can just add note. But that requires work, you have to communicate. Solo players avoid communication if they don't have too.
Maybe two players liked playing with each other, but neither feels like putting effort into messaging or adding friend.
Maybe because they thought the other guy was too good for them, and the other guy thought the same.

This is the mode that helps with those issues.Just makes making friends and/or playing with same people again even better...How often do you see people in PvP put themselves in LFG? Like hardly any.How often do you get into a fractal and it's nothing but wipes, would like to play with someone you know is actually trying and pays attention.

Friend takes work to add friend, takes work to ask friend "hey you want fractal, pvp, etc?"You just made that person your friend, its gonna seem weird to ask, maybe you haven't played with them in a long time too. It's not easy to predicate when all sudden you going to take a break and say to self "I gotta put notes on all 40 of my friends because I'm not going to remember what all 40 of these guys do".

They dont have to add you back now, if you add someone to your friend list you see them as friend and they see you as a follower.

Same as in your system if you like them but they dont like you back would you still be able to get them on your list right?