Lag, bots and teleport hacks

I will keep it as short as i can. There are bots i have been reporting for weeks now, that are still in the same spots, farming without a worry in the world. Some of them say it is not botting, but "afk farming" and that Arena Net is ok with it. How can this be ok when a person doesn't even have to be at the computer, and their character(s) farm the same mobs in the same spot for days in a row ? How is this even fair to the other players who play the game how it was meant to be played?Is anyone at ArenaNet doing anything about this ?I also noticed in certain maps that characters appear, hit a resource node once, then vanish. At first i thought it was lag, but then i noticed others doing the same. I couldn't even click on the character to report them fast enough, because they usually vanish before i can even take a screenshot. Cant this be patched so people cannot use hacks to farm like this ?Also, some maps are almost unplayable. The lag is just ridiculous. I noticed some PoF maps and LS4 were among the worst.What is happening to this game ?

@"Hashberry.4510" said:Be prepared for the forum to descend on you. They like their afk farming round these parts.I usually see a few necros stacked on top of one another, all minion specs. Not sure if bots or just people too lazy to play the game and afk. They are using skills tho, so its not really "afk" :)

So the way that mmorpg companies handle bans for violation of ToS in the case of Bots, hacks, or exploits, is they identify the methods, take a while to get information on who is doing it, then mass ban all at once. That way they reap the most bans per exploit. In the case of farming, there have been in game strategies to "bot" without using third party apps so that is mostl like not gonna ban a bunch of people but if it becomes a problem for them, they will change the policy or reemphasize the policy and start cracking down afterward. That, and maybe a patch that makes it harder.

And like in all these threads, people come to ask the same questions again and again, trying to derail it into arguments so it gets locked or removed. Why bother answerting again? Not like they actually want any answers or answer any questions directed at them. Utterly pointless.

@"Kaleygh.1524" said:I will keep it as short as i can. There are bots i have been reporting for weeks now, that are still in the same spots, farming without a worry in the world. Some of them say it is not botting, but "afk farming" and that Arena Net is ok with it. How can this be ok when a person doesn't even have to be at the computer, and their character(s) farm the same mobs in the same spot for days in a row ? How is this even fair to the other players who play the game how it was meant to be played?Is anyone at ArenaNet doing anything about this ?I also noticed in certain maps that characters appear, hit a resource node once, then vanish. At first i thought it was lag, but then i noticed others doing the same. I couldn't even click on the character to report them fast enough, because they usually vanish before i can even take a screenshot. Cant this be patched so people cannot use hacks to farm like this ?Also, some maps are almost unplayable. The lag is just ridiculous. I noticed some PoF maps and LS4 were among the worst.What is happening to this game ?

Get used to it. Anet is indifferent and people really like getting rewarded for nothing. If you won't stop, you might get reported and banned for not liking their "playstyle" HAH!

• 3 weeks later...

@Nugget.7203 said:necro stack upon one another, with minions doing their bidding and using the same skills after cooldown is obviously a bot, but hey, anet needs these bots to keep the economy going, they dont ban them.

No. There are skills that can be put on auto cast which don’t require a target.

It’s posts like these which is why I always say to just report and move on. Only Anet will have the tools to figure out if someone is truly AFK and/or botting.

@Kaleygh.1524 said:I also noticed in certain maps that characters appear, hit a resource node once, then vanish. At first i thought it was lag, but then i noticed others doing the same. I couldn't even click on the character to report them fast enough, because they usually vanish before i can even take a screenshot. Cant this be patched so people cannot use hacks to farm like this ?

Are you sure this is not just people having parked alts at a resource node? I do that for instance at the Rich Quartz Node in Crystal Oasis.

Its so easy to fly teleport in this game its a joke. And when you try to point it out, you get a warning or get banned.i dont understand people who defend bots. You dont need special tools to notice a bot. you just need to watch him for 5 minutes or less and you will see that he is spamming a skill in a precise interval.Some people also like to farm map completion and get keys on the new maps by teleporting on Waypoints, Poi etc. 3-5 min per key isnt that bad. Allegedly

@Deeyra.1476 said:Its so easy to fly teleport in this game its a joke. And when you try to point it out, you get a warning or get banned.i dont understand people who defend bots. You dont need special tools to notice a bot. you just need to watch him for 5 minutes or less and you will see that he is spamming a skill in a precise interval.Some people also like to farm map completion and get keys on the new maps by teleporting on Waypoints, Poi etc. 3-5 min per key isnt that bad. Allegedly

Depends on the skill. If it's something that can be set to auto cast, and doesn't require a target, then no. If it's something like auto-attack, then yes.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Hashberry.4510 said:...They like their afk farming round these parts.

I wouldn't say like, but how can you determine if someone is totally AFK or just semi-afk? Like, watching a movie on one screen and killing a few mobs on the other?

Whisper them something if they don't respond in any way, report and let the GM sort them out.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Deeyra.1476 said:Its so easy to fly teleport in this game its a joke. And when you try to point it out, you get a warning or get banned.i dont understand people who defend bots. You dont need special tools to notice a bot. you just need to watch him for 5 minutes or less and you will see that he is
spamming a skill in a precise interval.
Some people also like to farm map completion and get keys on the new maps by teleporting on Waypoints, Poi etc. 3-5 min per key isnt that bad. Allegedly

Depends on the skill. If it's something that can be set to auto cast, and doesn't require a target, then no. If it's something like auto-attack, then yes.

AOE abilities you cant autocast in the utility bar. Its weird.Is it bannable? asking for a friend. its not botting thechnically and its an in game system

@Croc.1978 said:

@Kaleygh.1524 said:I also noticed in certain maps that characters appear, hit a resource node once, then vanish. At first i thought it was lag, but then i noticed others doing the same. I couldn't even click on the character to report them fast enough, because they usually vanish before i can even take a screenshot. Cant this be patched so people cannot use hacks to farm like this ?

Are you sure this is not just people having parked alts at a resource node? I do that for instance at the Rich Quartz Node in Crystal Oasis.

Was going to say the same thing. I've got alts parked at various points to farm quartz, flax, trees, and even Krait. After the daily reset they log in, harvest what's at hand, and log out again. Afaik that's not a violation of anything. Nor is it unfair to anyone as every player is free to do the same.

Seen many times: player spawns near a freaking useless vegetable bush, farms it while not moving one bit then disappears.Very hard to think that a poor vegetable node would make a player park they character there.Maybe if there were 4-6 nodes in close proximity like the ones in Verdank Brink for example...yes. But this is not the case.And this has been going on since the beginning. So stuff like "we need to monitor so we ban in waves" means nothing and does nothing.I would say the teleporting got a lot worse in the last couple of months. That, or I like to watch nodes more then usual.

@Vancho.8750 said:

I wouldn't say like, but how can you determine if someone is totally AFK or just semi-afk? Like, watching a movie on one screen and killing a few mobs on the other?

Whisper them something if they don't respond in any way, report and let the GM sort them out.

And what if they are offline?

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

And what if they are offline?

If you think they're botting, just report and move along. Whether or not they're actually AFK, they are not required to response to players.

A few of my guildmates have multiple accounts and park near rich nodes etc. It takes time to log in, gather and then leave.

I've also seen what the OP has described, ultra quick log in log out and multiple times.

It was in Sandswept Isles. Down in the South East area where there are quite a few resource nodes.

As I was in the area I noticed a player name, it blinked in and out in a fraction of a second. I thought it must be lag and looked around for the player. No sign of them. It just didn't look right. This was a extremely quick log in and out, probably less than half a second.

So I waited and over the course of nearly 30 minutes, there were a succession of characters blinking in and out of the same resource node. Ultra quick. No sign whatsoever of any gathering animation either. They were so quick that by the time I had clicked on them to try to block them to get an account name they were out of the game again.

Anyway its been reported minus the account names so hopefully they will keep an eye on the area and see what is going on.