Ranger toughness is an issue in raids

@"LadyKitty.6120" said:Kitty can't quite see why everyone all the time make toughness tanking such an issue. Yeah, it may need a gear swap but it takes 6 key/mouse presses at max to out-toughness the soulbeasts. If you've already min-maxed to the point where you think it becomes an issue, you've most likely done fractals for enough pristines to buy 2 cavalier/knight's rings. Problem solved. (Cavalier rings are a whole 42 power lost if you already slightly overcap critrate and that obviously means that tryhard dpsing tanks lose their meaning of life.)And if you can't do that, ask the soulbeast to use Marksmanship instead of Beastmastery. But that may be a lot bigger dps loss so that tank can greed a tiny bit more. Good trade, eh?If that tiny bit of toughness makes it a kill-or-wipe situation, it could've as well been saved by minimal bit tighter gameplay and if it's a boon dps tanking, just the variables of the boss attempt make a bigger difference. If the squad is already guarateedly killing the boss, it's a "but numbers!" - type an issue. Yush, Kitty gets it. People like to skip the mechanics and then whine about lack of difficulty. Toughness tanking is a mech.

Apologies if Kitty blew up peoples' snarkasm radars.

You, like most people in this thread, seem to miss the point of the OP, which is, in my opinion, that removing Soulbeasts's toughness and giving them the equivalent damage reduction would improve the quality of life in raids. It would avoid the /gg due to forgetting that we have a soulbeast, it would avoid miscommunications about that, and it would allow tanks to play however they want when they wish to tryhard, all that without any actual nerf to soulbeast. Where would be the harm ? I fail to understand why some people believe having two knight's trinkets instead of berserker brings "diversity" or some other equivalent of this overused word.

By the way, I mean no offense, I like the wording of your post.

@Antioche.7034 said:

@"LadyKitty.6120" said:Kitty can't quite see why everyone all the time make toughness tanking such an issue. Yeah, it may need a gear swap but it takes 6 key/mouse presses at max to out-toughness the soulbeasts. If you've already min-maxed to the point where you think it becomes an issue, you've most likely done fractals for enough pristines to buy 2 cavalier/knight's rings. Problem solved. (Cavalier rings are a whole 42 power lost if you already slightly overcap critrate and that obviously means that tryhard dpsing tanks lose their meaning of life.)And if you can't do that, ask the soulbeast to use Marksmanship instead of Beastmastery. But that may be a lot bigger dps loss so that tank can greed a tiny bit more. Good trade, eh?If that tiny bit of toughness makes it a kill-or-wipe situation, it could've as well been saved by minimal bit tighter gameplay and if it's a boon dps tanking, just the variables of the boss attempt make a bigger difference. If the squad is already guarateedly killing the boss, it's a "but numbers!" - type an issue. Yush, Kitty gets it. People like to skip the mechanics and then whine about lack of difficulty. Toughness tanking is a mech.

Apologies if Kitty blew up peoples' snarkasm radars.

You, like most people in this thread, seem to miss the point of the OP, which is, in my opinion, that removing Soulbeasts's toughness and giving them the equivalent damage reduction would improve the quality of life in raids. It would avoid the /gg due to forgetting that we have a soulbeast, it would avoid miscommunications about that, and it would allow tanks to play however they want when they wish to tryhard, all that without any actual nerf to soulbeast. Where would be the harm ? I fail to understand why some people believe having two knight's trinkets instead of berserker brings "diversity" or some other equivalent of this overused word.

By the way, I mean no offense, I like the wording of your post.

In my opinion, firebrand, soulbeast... toughness is also balancing factor where you need to calculate damage loss on your tank for the total dps

I agree, having the dps or ranger draw more more aggro than other people makes little sense in any mmorpg. This is doubly so when most of the ranger’s mechanics are flanking and attacking from a long distance. I feel like this is an oversight on anet’s part, and I hope they change it.