World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

@vier.1327 said:I was thinking.... Guys, what are we going to do with our life's when we have Alliances... We need a second crusade, just as a backup plan

The backup plan is to protest the alliance implementation. We know this, because the biggest problem in wvw is population imbalance (some of which is caused by bandwagon blobs wanting to fight doors), and Anet already said that alliances will not solve the problem of large blobs ktraining everything during off hours when there is no one to defend.

Personally, I do not believe alliances will ever actually happen. We are rapidly approaching the 3 year mark since they were announced, they still haven't started work on it, they are working on a new expac, AND, I doubt they want the current system changed. The one that has people transfer en masse every time they need to restack on a link to fight doors and smaller servers (aka gem buying blob).

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Yuffi.2430" said:I really can't see Alliances being an expansion feature. I know it might mean ANET could get some immediate money out of it, but Alliances is an all-or-nothing system - I can't see how it could work if only half the players bought the Alliances expansion and half didn't...That's not how expansions work in GW2. Imagine if only PoF players could play against PoF players in WvW and only HoT players can play against HoT players etc, lol. Something can be an "expansion feature" without actually being part of the expansion, because it's part of the massive expansion patch that is applied globally to all clients.

They will just make a new pvx mode built around alliances rather than trying to shoehorn it into the existing wvw. To monetize it they will make it zones in cantha or something requiring purchase of it.

I think the main problem with WvW - as far as I have noticed when people also talked about it in other threads sometimes - is that the server transfers make lots of money. Would be a big deal to just restructure PvP into some alliance themed stuff where servers weren't relevant anymore. Still ... long term it would be good for the population to have it more balanced and transerfs more "freely" (without any cost but time restriction instead) ...

while selling other stuff. Maybe cosmetic keep upgrades and skins for guilds, lol. :D

@"Luthan.5236" said:I think the main problem with WvW - as far as I have noticed when people also talked about it in other threads sometimes - is that the server transfers make lots of money. Would be a big deal to just restructure PvP into some alliance themed stuff where servers weren't relevant anymore. Still ... long term it would be good for the population to have it more balanced and transerfs more "freely" (without any cost but time restriction instead) ...

while selling other stuff. Maybe cosmetic keep upgrades and skins for guilds, lol. :D

No matter what though there will always be that 50+ member guild that magically bypasses that Full Server restriction. Then they also magically give you an outnumbered buff even when you have a map queue. You never hear of anyone ever running into that barrier its like someone magically helps them across and no witnesses of course Ogres have layers like onions.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"Yuffi.2430" said:I really can't see Alliances being an expansion feature. I know it might mean ANET could get some immediate money out of it, but Alliances is an all-or-nothing system - I can't see how it could work if only half the players bought the Alliances expansion and half didn't...That's not how expansions work in GW2. Imagine if only PoF players could play against PoF players in WvW and only HoT players can play against HoT players etc, lol. Something can be an "expansion feature" without actually being part of the expansion, because it's part of the massive expansion patch that is applied globally to all clients.

They will just make a new pvx mode built around alliances rather than trying to shoehorn it into the existing wvw. To monetize it they will make it zones in cantha or something requiring purchase of it.

This.. then they will cry bcz of the deserved shitstorm coming :D

This persistent silence and refusal to offer any update or even honest admission that this will never happen is shameful but not surprising.

Arenanet lied about Alliances and continues to lie by not setting the record straight. This is extremely disrespectful to wvw players and shows how lowly they view their players who primarily play WvW.

I feel insulted and angry about how they've neglected wvw for so long, and how Alliances were just some promised vaporware feature to string people along, and now they don't even have the decency to say a word about it, even if it's admitting what is obvious to most of us: Alliances are never going to happen.

@Diku.2546 said:ANet....please wake up & realize WvW still has the potential to become the next eSport to be able to host an Annual Tournament equivalent to the NFL Superbowl...imho

Please don't throw away your opportunity to create an Annual Tournament equivalent to the NFL Superbowl before another company takes this niche.

Please wake up. WvW does not have the potential to become this kind of eSports and never had.

WvW will always have population imbalances (and to have equal numbers of players on both teams is very important - removing even one player from the field/game is often used as a big penalty in team sports).

WvW is actually WvWvW. It is a three-way fight which is unfair in its core. This is sometimes part of the fun of WvW. But eSports has to be fair (needs at least to have fair rules).

WvW classes are not balanced and probably never will be. Class balancing seems to be beyond Anets skills. This unbalanced classes will not attract a lot of eSports players. When Anet tried to build an eSports scene with sPVP in the past, the scene was destroyed mostly because of how Anet handled and changed the class balances.

Did there used to be a sticky about this? Is it still there? What god do I have to sacrifice to to get a good night's sleep?

It's nice to hear verbal confirmation that they're #WorkingOnIt, but given how long it's been without any blog posts or anything on the forums...what do they expect us to do? Releasing bits of info would likely lead to some backlash from people who consider it not enough, but that's still less backlash than just giving us nothing at all for years on end.

@Sviel.7493 said:Did there used to be a sticky about this? Is it still there? What god do I have to sacrifice to to get a good night's sleep?

It's nice to hear verbal confirmation that they're #WorkingOnIt, but given how long it's been without any blog posts or anything on the forums...what do they expect us to do? Releasing bits of info would likely lead to some backlash from people who consider it not enough, but that's still less backlash than just giving us nothing at all for years on end.

Wait... did they recently say they’re “working on it”? I don’t watch their streams. Or maybe it was on Twitter ? Last thing I heard was “excited to talk about it in the upcoming months” and that was almost a year ago.I’m truly curious to know if they’ve responded to our questions in stream!!

@Calisanna.8732 said:

@Sviel.7493 said:Did there used to be a sticky about this? Is it still there? What god do I have to sacrifice to to get a good night's sleep?

Wait... did they recently say they’re “working on it”? I don’t watch their streams. Or maybe it was on Twitter ? Last thing I heard was “excited to talk about it in the upcoming months” and that was almost a year ago.I’m truly curious to know if they’ve responded to our questions in stream!!

Damn, if we just have an official channel to say those things in a GW2 forum or something like that.

@Calisanna.8732 said:

@"Sviel.7493" said:Did there used to be a sticky about this? Is it still there? What god do I have to sacrifice to to get a good night's sleep?

Wait... did they recently say they’re “working on it”? I don’t watch their streams. Or maybe it was on Twitter ? Last thing I heard was “excited to talk about it in the upcoming months” and that was almost a year ago.I’m truly curious to know if they’ve responded to our questions in stream!!A video of it is literally plastered all over the page preceeding this one in this thread.

Also, the "comming months" was 1 year and 2-3 days from your post (aug. 30th), afaicr.

time for daily

alliances when o_O

@"Yolaus Kriff.3465"i wish... the issue is, if there (and yes, that is super likely i guess) are new elite specs, chances are big that the meta in Wvw with make those "a thing", which kinda makes us get the new expansion anyway. plus likely 1-2 character slots, which at least i'd always take etc... they know their goody baits.

but well, also like 80% of my playtime sofar has been Wvw probably over the last 2,5 years.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@vier.1327 said:Happy page number 53!!

Woot! We’re on a roll

It’s taken almost three years to get here. I’d be willing to be it’s another 3 before we hit alliances (and we are more Likely to Get to page 100 before that actually happens..)

You still believe? No, my friend. If they had a small measure of decency in them and showed a tiny bit of interest we’d see something by now.

@Zok.4956 said:

@"Diku.2546" said:
ANet....please wake up & realize WvW still has the potential to become the next eSport to be able to host an Annual Tournament equivalent to the NFL Superbowl...imho

Please don't throw away your opportunity to create an Annual Tournament equivalent to the NFL Superbowl before another company takes this niche.

Please wake up. WvW does not have the potential to become this kind of eSports and never had.

WvW will always have population imbalances (and to have equal numbers of players on both teams is very important - removing even one player from the field/game is often used as a big penalty in team sports).

WvW is actually WvWvW. It is a three-way fight which is unfair in its core. This is sometimes part of the fun of WvW. But eSports has to be fair (needs at least to have fair rules).

WvW classes are not balanced and probably never will be. Class balancing seems to be beyond Anets skills. This unbalanced classes will not attract a lot of eSports players. When Anet tried to build an eSports scene with sPVP in the past, the scene was destroyed mostly because of how Anet handled and changed the class balances.

We both seem to have different perspectives...can we agree to disagree?

I agree that the three-way fight is unfair at its core & eSports requires Healthy Competition.

ANet needs to change this broken three-way fight model into one that is Player Driven, but Anet Controlled to encourage Healthy Competition.

You're also right about class balancing, but it won't matter because we need to fix the broken three-way fight model first...imho

I still believe WvW can be an eSport...IF....let me repeat....HUGE IF

WvW must be able to sponsor Match-Ups that encourages Healthy Competition in Tournaments...while fully embracing that population imbalances naturally occur in the context of this game mode...and I believe it is possible.

IF....we [ Replace ] the broken three-way fight model...with one that encourage Healthy Competition.

Full context on How To [ Replace ]

2019.11.28 - CHAPTER 6WvG TOURNAMENTS - Using New Match-Up Mechanics based on a Globe Raiding Modelhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064956/#Comment_1064956

I wish we could have a Televised Coverage of an Annual "SuperBowl" Tournament.

Credibility requires critical insight & time.