Reset crafting disciplines

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@DeanBB.4268 said:I'm not sure why this is needed, other than OCD reasons, but couldn't it be exploited? Level up via crafting, reset to 0, rinse and repeat, never need to leave DR, boom insta-80. Of course, I'm not sure why one would want to do that...

It's not as if we haven't been able to do this for years already. Levelling 2 disciplines with crafting boosters will get you to level 80 without ever setting foot outside a city.

With crafting AND exp booster i get about 20-25 levels, so you need to level at least three with that. Still probably not 80 though, but close. Still don't know why anyone would want to start from the beginning.

@Tyncale.1629 said:Absolutely, would love to clean that up too. Even better would be if we could get all 8 crafting licences on a single character active at the same time. Best would be if Crafting masteries would be account wide.

IMO, that would dis-incentivize players from purchasing additional character slots. Anet wants (or needs?) the money.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Tyncale.1629 said:Absolutely, would love to clean that up too. Even better would be if we could get all 8 crafting licences on a single character active at the same time. Best would be if Crafting masteries would be account wide.

IMO, that would dis-incentivize players from purchasing additional character slots. Anet wants (or needs?) the money.Well, you only need 4 characters with 2 active crafting disciplines each to cover everything if you do not want to fork over the 50 silver for changing a discipline. Each account comes with 5 character slots, more then enough. So I am wondering how many players have mastered the same discipline on more then one character, I can not imagine it will be a lot. And I really do not see them buying an extra character slot just to Master a craft.

I could see that if Crafting was an actual true Class or Job in this game but it isn't. Maybe the true roleplayer who wants a very specific craft on a very specific character, dunno. Not a common thing.

They COULD make extra money by increasing the amount of crafting licenses you can buy for a character, I would be more then happy to gems for this. I have proposed this in the past but for some reason they have kept it like this forever.

I did max some crafting disciplines on various characters. But then I said heck with that and maxed them all on one. I just pay the switch fee on that character when I need a deactivated discipline. So I don't really care what other characters have, I know which toon to log in when I need to craft something.

• 6 months later...

@"Tyncale.1629" said:Absolutely, would love to clean that up too. Even better would be if we could get all 8 crafting licences on a single character active at the same time. Best would be if Crafting masteries would be account wide.

Yes, I am for this as well given that Discovered recipes become accountwide as well. This also removes the potential problem of people "forgetting" a discipline by accident. In my case it would actually incentivize me to buy the Additional Crafting Licenses from the Gem Store. Cause as it stands today I never feel like leveling crafting again when I create a new character, but having the ability to pick upto 4 crafting disciplines at max level from the getgo sounds pretty sweet.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"Exun.7825" said:Hello,

Will it be possible someday to reset crafting disciplines on a specific character? I am not talking about shifting to another one but about the fact that since there was this update displaying all the disciplines on the character screen this has become a little bit messy about those disciplines that you won't use anymore because mastered on another character.

Yes I know this might sound quibbling but to me it matters enough to open this thread and maybe see the "I would like to forget this discipline" option appear at master craftsmen in the future.

I'd like that too. On my Revenant I misclicked when trying to sell to a weaponsmith NPC and now he's a level 0 weaponsmith forever. I already have a level 500 weaponsmith so I don't need that. Not a big deal, it's just a little untidy. Also, having a confirmation dialog there would have been nice.

I'd like them to just remove the crafting disciplines from the selection screen. I know who my crafters are.

Nooooo, please no. This is the only game where I can see who my crafters are w/out logging in and looking. It makes it really convenient for me.