24 GB RAM ???

I had 8gb, the game itself runs fine, aside from some meta events, the more people there are, the more lag there will be, if your ram reaches a limit, the game will crash(some games just lag more instead).As you can understand, you may forget about watching youtube or run anything other than game with 8gb.Now i have 16gb, i can run game with anything else i might need, including youtube, browser tabs with other sites, and sometimes music player.As far as i'm conserned, 16gb is the perfect amount for now, 24 is way overkill, even 10-12gb would be enough, even with browser my ram never reached 10gb mark.

@Maultrace.5761 said:I had 8gb, the game itself runs fine, aside from some meta events, the more people there are, the more lag there will be, if your ram reaches a limit, the game will crash(some games just lag more instead).As you can understand, you may forget about watching youtube or run anything other than game with 8gb.Now i have 16gb, i can run game with anything else i might need, including youtube, browser tabs with other sites, and sometimes music player.As far as i'm conserned, 16gb is the perfect amount for now, 24 is way overkill, even 10-12gb would be enough, even with browser my ram never reached 10gb mark.

Yeah I don't seem to have any issues beyond that single-thread constraint with 16GB. I'm wondering if someone just added 16GB RAM + 8GB VRAM because 24GB is an oddly specific number.

@brokenrabbit.6538 said:Am I really going to experience a difference with 32GB over 16GB?

I am, that's for sure. Upgraded motherboard, CPU and RAM three weeks ago and never looked back - no more slide shows on high settings during mass events. :+1:

@voidek.5738 said:i playing on 4 GB RAM and played on 2 GB as well (long time ago tho).

That's not true anymore, content has grown a lot more demanding over the years.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@brokenrabbit.6538 said:Am I really going to experience a difference with 32GB over 16GB?

I am, that's for sure. Upgraded motherboard, CPU and RAM three weeks ago and never looked back - no more slide shows on high settings during mass events. :+1:Yeah it probably had nothing to do with the CPU upgrade, lol.

Either way I also find 24gb an oddly specific number. People will run either 32gb or 16gb and 16gb is more than enough to max GW2 if we only look at ram.

Or maybe they are like me that have 14gb ram, because 2gb is on a ramdisk so I can run Shadowplay outside the NVME drive :p

Steam lists minimum as 6GB, while the GW2 website lists 4GB. I don't see anything from anet about 24GB, and does indeed seem over kill and I would suggest it's an error.

To those saying they have played with 2GB of ram, that does not mean it works well, but yes, you will be able to play it, it just means the game is going to be fetching often from the HDD, how much will depend on how much the OS and other background programs are consuming and how much VRAM is on the GPU.

And no, to the OP, you will not see any gains from 16GB to 32GB in GW2.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:Steam lists minimum as 6GB, while the GW2 website lists 4GB. I don't see anything from anet about 24GB, and does indeed seem over kill and I would suggest it's an error.

On the steam page they list 6GB as minimum and 24GB as recommended (idk if recommended settings are medium settings or high settings).

I am playing on 8GB (I play on a laptop) and while I could probably pull medium or high settings I stick with low settings as I am scared to burn my motherboard (which I have had twice in the past with another MMO). I don't have performance issues (also not in blobs, I anticipate my settings upon having a lot of players) with the exception of the skill lags / boss lags issue that everyone has as complains about regardless of their system and isp. I do hope they won't suddenly up the requirements to play the game with upcoming content as there are a lot of players that play on a laptop just like me (and not everyone can afford to get new hardware).

@Teratus.2859 said:It's an obvious mistake that for some reason hasn't been fixed yet.Not even Ark requires that much RAM to run and that game is so badly optimised it's a miracle you don't need multiple high end PC's just to make game launch.I just checked the steam page (didnt bother before) and it is indeed hilarious lol.

The min and recommended spec has the same CPUs, which is just... disgusting... to see.They also share the same crappy GPU.24gb ram just seems to be slapped on there out of nowhere.And then... 10gb more hdd space than min spec (65gb vs 55gb) and I'm like... what the heck are those extra 10gb for? You either have the entire game on your drive or you dont!

One thing to keep in mind, the Steam page might reflect future versions of the game not necessarily tied to the exact version on servers right now, there might be clauses in the contract to release on Steam that game specs have to be valid for X amount of days/months/years, as well as running the game in a semi decent state.

As mentioned by someone, Steam lists GW2 minimum 6 GB of ram, and recommended 24 GB or ram.

The official page lists 4 GB of ram as minimum specifically for HoT and PoF but also makes note of possible changing requirements due to changes to the game (https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862958-Minimum-System-Requirements), but makes no recommendation as far as recommended specs.

Another thing of note is the difference between minimum and recommended as far as OS goes, with Windows 7 being minimum and Windows 10 being recommended. Given the select differences, either the other specs where forgotten or are as of yet unclear even to the developers. We don't know.

@Cyninja.2954 said:One thing to keep in mind, the Steam page might reflect future versions of the game not necessarily tied to the exact version on servers right now, there might be clauses in the contract to release on Steam that game specs have to be valid for X amount of days/months/years, as well as running the game in a semi decent state.Then they could just have used some random number anyway like 128gb ram recommended. I mean you dont need it since it's not minimum but we can recommend it for a computer 20 years from now, right? Windows 12 eat ram!

No, I'm still pretty sure they just pulled that number out of their ass.

Just use the task manager!

The GW2 application consumes about 3 to 4 GiB of Ram with max. details and when lots of stuff is going on on the screen.

24 GiB is overkill, even if the devs calculate with some headroom for a messy PC. A PC with only 8 GiB of Ram would have to run a dozen background tasks or 20 opened browser tabs (a browser consumes a lot of Ram!) to cause any Ram issues for GW2.