(FOR FUN ONLY!) A current bug gave me a silly idea for a QoL update that will never happen.

Reminder: This topic is for fun only! Please do not take it seriously, and please have a wonderful day/night. <3I'm not entirely sure how many people know about this, but right now there is a small voice acting bug that will sometimes use the female Asura voice for female Humans if playing as an Engineer. It tickled me pink when I realized that's what was happening! It would be great if we could choose our voices. Everquest 2 had that as an option so you could make your character sound more like what you think they would and it was pretty nice.

Now, clearly this will never be a thing because of the racial specific lines, but if Anet DID manage to allow us to choose from the already existing voices for our characters, but set a racial flag to prevent our characters from voicing lines that don't fit the character's ingame race... well, that would just be amazing!

My human engineer has a younger sounding voice in my head. The female Asura voice fits that concept in combat perfectly, so I am currently very okay with this small bug that has replaced a few of the female Human engineer combat lines with female Asura combat sounds.

This is a cute bug atm and I really like it. Has anyone else noticed anything like this that just makes you laugh, grin, or even facepalm? Please share! And again, please remember: This topic is ONLY for fun! Not serious discussion of how impossible or possible this would be! Please have fun!

Flagon of potent expired Ale.. it's safe to consume I assure you.

To you:Instant drunk effect, all characters and NPC's around you start saying wierd random things in random unsettling voices.. but only you can hear them.

To everyone else:Your character starts spouting random hilarious and slurred dialogue.. occasionally hides armour and appears to be running around naked.Yells hilarious battlecries like "Die Elder Dragon!!" when fighting weak enemies like Moa Birds and then laughs and screams "I did it I saved Tyria.. Hic.." when you win.When you mount up your character yells things like "fly donkey fly" when on Griffon or Skyscale and "there's a good penguin" when riding a Raptor.

Flagon of potent expired Ale fun for everyone :)

@"Teratus.2859" said:Flagon of potent expired Ale.. it's safe to consume I assure you.

To you:Instant drunk effect, all characters and NPC's around you start saying wierd random things in random unsettling voices.. but only you can hear them.

To everyone else:Your character starts spouting random hilarious and slurred dialogue.. occasionally hides armour and appears to be running around naked.Yells hilarious battlecries like "Die Elder Dragon!!" when fighting weak enemies like Moa Birds and then laughs and screams "I did it I saved Tyria.. Hic.." when you win.When you mount up your character yells things like "fly donkey fly" when on Griffon or Skyscale and "there's a good penguin" when riding a Raptor.

Oh man, the first Everquest did something like this and it was hilarious. If your character got drunk in game and you tried to type out anything, the game would insert random slurring to whatever you were saying. You also would stumble around drunkenly, which lead to a lot of players falling to their deaths from the tree top city of Kelethin, which had no rails. It was an absolute gem.

While I understand that there are players that would be annoyed with these ideas, I think they're wonderful and would make a great April Fool's day thing, if nothing else.

I SUPPORT THE FLAGON OF POTENT EXPIRED ALE!That idea is just too great. <3 <3 <3

@papercrown.9248 said:

@"Teratus.2859" said:Flagon of potent expired Ale.. it's safe to consume I assure you.

Oh man, the first Everquest did something like this and it was hilarious. If your character got drunk in game and you tried to type out anything, the game would insert random slurring to whatever you were saying. You also would stumble around drunkenly, which lead to a lot of players falling to their deaths from the tree top city of Kelethin, which had no rails. It was an absolute gem.

While I understand that there are players that would be annoyed with these ideas, I think they're wonderful and would make a great April Fool's day thing, if nothing else.

I SUPPORT THE FLAGON OF POTENT EXPIRED ALE!That idea is just too great. <3 <3 <3

I never played Everquest but that sounds hilarious XD

In Gw1 we had a buff called Spiritual Possession which you could get by opening Lunar Fortunes.That was was kinda like being drunk, your character would say random things like "Go, Banana!", "We must prepare for the coming of Banjo the Clown, God of Puppets." and "You're disgusting, but I love you!"It was pretty funny at the time but they never brought that back in Gw2 unfortunately.

• 2 months later...