Gem Store Purchase regrets

@Linken.6345 said:

@Roche.7491 said:Ice brood saga. Because it went for free the following week. Did a customer support to gm zippy to no avail.

Ice brood saga is still going and havent been free any time after each episode release window.

Are you sure you dont mean living story season 4 they went back and rereleased those when episode 6 was releasing since you needed all the prevous ones to get skyscale collection done.

I bought ice brood episode 1,2 & 3. 200 each so 600. Then they freed it after. it’s permanently free now when you buy gw2 pof.

Sucks to be one of the first to join the game during covid.

One day these kind of marketing scheme will backfire.

“GM Zippy the Wonder Squirrel (Guild Wars 2 Support)May 5, 00:36 PDT

Hello,

The time an item is purchased and when it goes on sale is taken into account when determining a refund request for am item. I will not be able to provide a refund for the Icebrood Saga prelude due to this.

If you would like help with anything else, please let me know.

Thank you.Regards,

GM Zippy the Wonder SquirrelGuild Wars 2 Support Team“

You do not get the whole season click on the ice brood saga when trying to buy path of fire and you will see this

Owners of Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire can play new Living World episodes as soon as they’re live. Upgrade your account now and play the latest episode of our all-new Living World story, the Icebrood Saga, today.

Latest episode right now would be only Jormag rising so yes they are correct in not refunding you.

This event is what I’m talking about.

Free Ice Brood Saga the week after I bought it. Mistake is joining too early.

Totaly missed that one and if you bought it 7 days prior to that maybe ask the ticket to get escalated so a cs team lead check the ticket?

I did try to escalate it but it didn’t work. Below is his final response.

“GM Zippy the Wonder Squirrel (Guild Wars 2 Support)May 6, 2020, 12:00:52 AM PDT

Hello,

We will not be able to assist you with a refund. Any further contacting regarding this matter may be closed without response.Regards,

GM Zippy the Wonder SquirrelGuild Wars 2 Support Teamhttp://help.guildwars2.com/

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much thankfully. Only item I can think of is the Timekeeper Glider - when I never use it because I prefer the Cryomancer Glider.

Everything else I suppose some things would have been nicer if on sale - eg one or two mount select licenses, garden plot deed etc. Oh and I bought an Equipment Template at full value about 10 days before the March sale... :/ Sadly too long to get a discount, but not a big deal.

But overall I have a small number of gemstore purchases, and everything has been useful.

@Excursion.9752 said:

@"Teratus.2859" said:Candy Corn Gobbler.This thing is imo one of the best booster items in the game if you are a WvW player.

Now to stay on topic. Every outfit or chair that I've ever purchased.

Oh no doubt others find it useful.I however bought it under a false assumption that it would provide different kinds of boosts and not the same boosts given by boosters.As you can see from this screenshot of one of my bank tabs.. I don't need the gobbler for boosts lolodcRE4Y.jpg

Those Black Lion Pass Area Tickets. I bought the perma one that is the giant ship above one of the fields closer to Divinity's Reach/Lion's Arch, and then they came out with Bastion, which is so much more useful.

Now I have 2 of what is basically the same type of pass and I can't even gift the old one to a friend. They need to allow us to gift these items if they've been in our inventories after say 90 days or something (to avoid any chargeback issues on Anet's side).

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:Only one was a bank slot expansion when my bank was already at max slots. I did submit a ticket and got a refund, but they really need to add a filter on that item or a warning that the account is already at max slots.

Otherwise, no regrets. I chose to buy and I'll accept responsibility for those choices.

I did that as well and had to get a refund. They need to hide that when your maxed out.

I am a super nice guildy. I bought the Garden Plot only to share Ascended Seeds with my guild/raiding team. I waited two weeks to make sure this was intended before purchasing the Garden Plots. Two weeks afterwards they made it so just Ascended Seeds were not shareable. They would not refund me. It has not been used sense.

I can honestly say that I have no gemstore regrets.

I think about what I want, and if I can justify it to myself, I get it and never look back.

Or I don't get it in the first place.

Regret, for me, would have to be the product of impulse without forethought or checking myself on if I actually want the thing or if I simply want to admire the thing.

A lot of the time, I just want to admire some skin or outfit, but as soon as I think about whether or not I'd actually use it much, it's usually a big nope.

I ask myself a few questions about anything I'm going to buy I'm a game like this, and they're my litmus test, because the question for me is never whether or not I can afford it (I can. I'm financially great), but whether or not I'd get value for my expenditure out of it.

Will it make me happier with my game experience in general? If yes, then I'll probably get it. I'm here to enjoy myself and be happy, and twenty bucks here or there for whatever I want gems for is not an issue.

If it's a utility item, will it actually be useful to ME and what I do or am I getting hyped about what I hypothetically could do with it but probably won't?

If it's a vanity item, will I use it and enjoy it as much as the ones I already have, or do I just want to admire it but would never actually wear it because I like what I've already got better?

If it's an account upgrade of some sort, like another bank slot or gear load out slot or build slot, am I just being too lazy to clean my bank up and pare down my gear sets and build loads to what I actually use?

I'll cheerfully pay for things that will make me happy and that I feel I'll get the value I want for having purchased. I'm not poor and I'm happy to support the game even if I have my various complaints about certain aspects of it.

What I won't do is set myself up to be in the position of having to ask myself why I bought this thing.

I will answer that question thoroughly before I buy the thing, or I don't buy it to begin with.

• 4 months later...

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:Mistlock Sanctuary PassI really like that place, not only for the convenience, also for the area itself. Everything looks so good, the NPCs, the architecture, the sound-track is also great. I prefer to park most of my utility-characters in one location, close to banks and crafting-stations. That also applies for the Mistlock Sanctuary. But if I dare to leave a character there, especially in front of the bank, it takes ages to load.

• Quickly switching through characters to craft components and store them on another.
  • Quickly return with a gather-character which just ran out of gathering-tools.
  • Do the Daily Mystic Forger or craft several MF recipes within close range to the bank/storage and vendors.

All the reasons I need the convenience area for, the Mistlock Sanctuary cannot satisfy due to its intense loading times. It is too popular :S. I bought the pass, used it a few weeks and now it rests in my bank. At the moment I returned to my old HQ in Rata Sum, which takes a fraction of the loading-time, has awesome architecture and also pretty nice access to the convenience-relevant services. I rather return there with my gather-characters to restock, although I have to walk back to the spot on my own.

Next time my gold-balance reaches a healthy level again, I gonna craft a Portal Scroll for Rata Sum. For the times Rata Sum is crowded, e.g. during SAB, I use my Ebonhawke Portal Scroll.

I eventually thought the same about Lily of the Elon (PoF deluxe edition)...very handy while playing through PoF and for using the mystic forge, but takes forever to load. When I learned about portal scrolls I never looked back...nowadays it's Lion's Arch for the mystic forge and Ebonhawke for everything else.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:What are your gem store purchase regrets and why?

All of them

I never wanted any of the items I bought, I bought them to support the development of a product. Then I found out that the developers no longer care about that product. I was perfectly happy with any purchases up until that point. The things I like to play simply never gets any fair development resources, despite whatever I do to support it.

I can't even play my main account anymore. The developers are holding it hostage. In my primary game mode, I have to move it to re-gain access to my friends and content again. The developers charge more money for that. Even if I would fork out the ransom, that is no insurance because most places to move to that still has some content and active communities are full and locked so you can't even reliably play with your friends if you tried or if you paid.

ArenaNet sees no urgency in solving that fundamental and catastrophic problem. So here we are. This was once a game with a gemstore, now it is a gemstore with a game. Amusingly enough, a gemstore only makes sense as long as people care about their accounts or the product it exists within.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:Gear templates, thinking they'd unlock an additional slot per character accountwide so I could stow alternate outfits for RP. Unlocked them on my PvE main the day of release, realized my error. Turned into a pillar of salt.

This. Placing them on a character that never use them. Ranting with support to discover that they are not refundable because templates are soulbound. Even now idk why they make new items who are not refundable. I was using some strong word during my struggle with support and I still believe Anet steal me. Didn't buy any gems since then and I will buy the cheapest option on expansion.

@Cobra.6509 said:

@AgentMoore.9453 said:Gear templates, thinking they'd unlock an additional slot per character accountwide so I could stow alternate outfits for RP. Unlocked them on my PvE main the day of release, realized my error. Turned into a pillar of salt.

This. Placing them on a character that never use them. Ranting with support to discover that they are not refundable because templates are soulbound. Even now idk why they make new items who are not refundable. I was using some strong word during my struggle with support and I still believe Anet steal me. Didn't buy any gems since then and I will buy the cheapest option on expansion.

Honestly, the soulbound gear and build templates are insulting. Will never even consider buying.

@Pacificterror.7805 said:Sort of regret buying the Recharging Teleport to Friend thingy. It'd be more useful if I actually had people to teleport to, so in THAT scenario it isn't a waste, but I shouldn't have made the purchase based on a possible future scenario.

It's great for joining meta squads at the last minute and porting straight there without going through extra loading screens.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Pacificterror.7805 said:Sort of regret buying the Recharging Teleport to Friend thingy. It'd be more useful if I actually had people to teleport to, so in THAT scenario it isn't a waste, but I shouldn't have made the purchase based on a possible future scenario.

You dont need friends just join any lfg on a map you want to go to and use it.

It's great for joining meta squads at the last minute and porting straight there without going through extra loading screens.

Somehow I never thought about it this way. I've been thinking of it entirely as an item for getting characters into maps they can't access yet (like getting to LW maps without doing the story) and hardly ever use it. I normally go to the map before looking for a group to join, but I'll have to try to remember this is an option.

(I don't have the permanent one, because I hardly ever use it, but I've got a slowly growing stack of tempoary ones I never get to use.)