Is Deeply Discounted Fractal Encryption Key worth it?

Syiic.3724

Hi guys, im couldn't found a posting on this. Im sure there probably was.

Is Deeply Discounted Fractal Encryption Key worth it if I have my own Encryption from dailies? I also have the resourcing resourcing mastery.

Edit:Hi guys,

After some trials, i think deeply discounted keys (first 30) is not worth it. I open 300 keys (first 30s) and found that it was better to just sell the Encryptions. Just open encryption with keys you get from fractal dailies.

@"Syiic.3724" said:Is there a website that shows the math?

Assuming:

• T4 + Recs Completed Daily
  • Fractal Mastery Maxed Out prior to opening
  • Buy the 30 Deeply Discounted Keys/Day (6g cost)

Average Profit for opened Fractal Encryptions: ~14g/Day Min-Max Range for Profit: ~3g to ~48g/Day

Remember that with a semi-competent group, CM+T4+Recs only takes about 1.5 hrs.

Average Profit Math

Just in junk, you (can) make 423.45g per 1,000 Encryptions. Works out to 42s34c per opened Encryption. Using this as a baseline for subsequent calculations.

This does not include:

• all of the extra drops from encryption (Trophies, Aetherized weapon skins)
  • extra keys from Fractal Encryptions (10% chance/encryption with Mastery)
  • Ascended Mats (Deldrimor, Spiritwood, etc) from Daily Chests that can add 3g alone to the profit.
  • Ascended Chests from dailies help you in the long run because you're not spending money on gearing characters.
  • Drops from the Fractals themselves.

42s34c (Video) - 20s (Deeply Discounted Key)= 22s34c profit/Encryption opened with Keys. At 30 Keys/Day = 6g70s20c15 Keys/Day from Dailies (T4 + Recs) = 15 42s34c = 6g35s10cRoughly 50 Encryptions/Day (varies) - 45 Opened = 5 Leftover 21s95c (Current TP Price) - 15% (TP Tax) = 93s28c/day Profit

TOTALS: 6g70s20c + 6g35s10c + 93s28c = 13g98s58c

If you only use the keys and sell leftover, you're looking at about 14g Profit per day. on average.

Min-Max Range Profit Math

Looking at the research table: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cracked_Fractal_Encryption/research the lowest you can get per Encryption is 1 Postulate (20s each) and the Highest you can get is 2 Manuscripts (60s each = 1.2g)

• 1 Postulate/Encryption is the Lowest Profit = 0.2g/Encryption * 45 keys/day - 6g Buying 30 Keys = 3g Profit Minimum
  • 2 Manuscripts/Encryption is the Highets Profit = 1.2g/Encryption * 45 keys/day - 6g Buying 30 Keys = 48g Profit Maximum

@Geoff Fey.1035 said:

@"Syiic.3724" said:Is there a website that shows the math?

Assuming:
  • T4 + Recs Completed Daily
  • Fractal Mastery Maxed Out prior to opening
  • Buy the 30 Deeply Discounted Keys/Day (6g cost)

Average Profit for opened Fractal Encryptions
:
~14g/Day
Min-Max Range for Profit:
~3g to ~48g/Day

Remember that with a semi-competent group, CM+T4+Recs only takes about 1.5 hrs.

Average Profit Math

Just in junk, you (can) make 423.45g per 1,000 Encryptions. Works out to 42s34c per opened Encryption. Using this as a baseline for subsequent calculations.

This does not include:
  • all of the extra drops from encryption (Trophies, Aetherized weapon skins)
  • extra keys from Fractal Encryptions (10% chance/encryption with Mastery)
  • Ascended Mats (Deldrimor, Spiritwood, etc) from Daily Chests that can add 3g alone to the profit.
  • Ascended Chests from dailies help you in the long run because you're not spending money on gearing characters.
  • Drops from the Fractals themselves.

42s34c (Video) - 20s (Deeply Discounted Key)= 22s34c profit/Encryption opened with Keys. At 30 Keys/Day = 6g70s20c15 Keys/Day from Dailies (T4 + Recs) = 15
42s34c = 6g35s10cRoughly 50 Encryptions/Day (varies) - 45 Opened = 5 Leftover
21s95c (Current TP Price) - 15% (TP Tax) = 93s28c/day Profit

TOTALS: 6g70s20c + 6g35s10c + 93s28c = 13g98s58c

If you only use the keys and sell leftover, you're looking at about
14g Profit per day.
on average.

Min-Max Range Profit Math

Looking at the research table:
the lowest you can get per Encryption is 1 Postulate (20s each) and the Highest you can get is 2 Manuscripts (60s each = 1.2g)
  • 1 Postulate/Encryption is the Lowest Profit = 0.2g/Encryption * 45 keys/day - 6g Buying 30 Keys = 3g Profit Minimum
  • 2 Manuscripts/Encryption is the Highets Profit = 1.2g/Encryption * 45 keys/day - 6g Buying 30 Keys = 48g Profit Maximum

Wow! Thanks for the breakdown. I really appreciate it! People will find this very useful!

Keep in mind that it'll put a slight reduction in your Fractal Relics profit if that's what you're after (Fractal Capacitor, Gift of Ascension, etc.). Its only 30 Relics/day, but that's even more work you have to do to save them without converting Pristines.

This is of course only an issue for newer players still working on the basics.

Goal was to quickly assess profitability of the roughly four sources of keysby tracking gold (from vendoring junk), ascended recipes, fractal keys, fractal relics bags, and AR+1 from cracked encryptions --assuming rates do not change with time.

Net is after cost of 2000cu keys.

No accounting for potential earnings from selling the encryption. But assuming keys, relics, and AR+1 are 0 profit, then encryptions can be assumed to sell for ~2097300.85=5.35g and thus be more profitable than opening with a 2nd set of keys which is 5g.I generally don't get the 2nd set since my basic net profit from the 2nd set is only 37% of of "free" keys from chests & cracked encryptions.