Any Power Mesmer wvw Roamers?

TeqkOneStylez.8047

Do thieves win free out there? Was gonna build a class for wvw but I imagine all they will be doing is teleport and stealth spam for free disengage and openings.

I don't mind the idea of certain classes beating others but Id rather have my "hardcounters" be something that doesn't get rewarded by playing so scared.

If this is gonna be the case I guess I will just stick to Warrior, but I wanted something that could play full zerk.

@"TeqkOneStylez.8047" said:Do thieves win free out there? Was gonna build a class for wvw but I imagine all they will be doing is teleport and stealth spam for free disengage and openings.

I don't mind the idea of certain classes beating others but Id rather have my "hardcounters" be something that doesn't get rewarded by playing so scared.

If this is gonna be the case I guess I will just stick to Warrior, but I wanted something that could play full zerk.

you can burst them down when they are bad, most thiefs are bad, most wvw players are bad, if you combine the 2 you will have a good chance against most.but against good thief there is nothing you can do, no matter how good you play, how lucky you get you will stand no chance.

Just stealth + blink away. If it's a core thief you may MAYBE stand a chance with traited scepter\sword 'cause of blocks -and by "stand a chance" I mean "you may survive long enough that either someone comes to your help or the thief gets bored and go somewhere else". Winning is an entirely different thing.

Power Mesmer is a squishy class that often relies on attacking using the element of surprise and kiting. Literally all thief builds can outstealth your stealth and have enough gap closers and mobility that kiting is useless/impossible. Not to mention consume plasma on their insta cast steal skill gives them every boon in the game to make your life even harder. Best case scenario is stealth up and just run to get out of combat or burst them when they don't know you're there

@K THEN.5162 said:Power Mesmer is a squishy class that often relies on attacking using the element of surprise and kiting. Literally all thief builds can outstealth your stealth and have enough gap closers and mobility that kiting is useless/impossible. Not to mention consume plasma on their insta cast steal skill gives them every boon in the game to make your life even harder. Best case scenario is stealth up and just run to get out of combat or burst them when they don't know you're there

That's mostly because ANET kinda forgot about Consume Plasma several patches ago when they were toning down boon durations. Kinda like D & D with GoT Season 8. If it was the guardian steal it would've been nerfed before it was ever introduced, but it's fine for Mesmer. Mesmer is fine, totally fine.

Back in the day (pre-feb mirage nerf) when I cared about wvw and still played fairly frequently, my go to build against thieves always involved boon stripping. It was so fun to burst them down after stripping / stealing their boons. Since the feb patch, I got fed up fighting with swappable wet noodles regardless of build that I just gave up entirely ..... anyone know of the viability of boon stripping builds against teef now? I seem to recall that Arcane Thievery took a nerf too.

• 1 month later...

@"Norbe.7630" said:Hi, I just started mesmer class a month ago, I kinda liked the playstyle, I struggle too on good power thief as well as condi thief, anyway I made a slowmo video about mesmer thief duel, enjoy

I honestly have no fucking clue whats going on for the most video, its too zoomed in, most of the fight you dont even see your oponent.Zoom out to the max during fights so you can cover more ground with vision, it lets you see the enemy and area around so you can know if any enemy is sneaking up on you to gank you, or ally coming to help you.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:I honestly have no kitten clue whats going on for the most video, its too zoomed in, most of the fight you dont even see your oponent.

Looks like:Mesmer uses Mirror Blade + all the self shatters, but the thief dodges it allThief pops Withdraw (overhealing some) after taking some incidental damage from either GS1 or Split SecondMesmer blasts GS1, mostly without a targetMesmer heals with the signetThief gets the mesmer to half health with Heartseeker but eats some Phantasmal Berserker hits in the process, so now they're both at half health with no heals leftMesmer pops shield bubble while the thief runs off a low cliff

Also, through the map chat we learn that there's some red dots at Pangloss but the ogres killed them all

@ASP.8093 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:I honestly have no kitten clue whats going on for the most video, its too zoomed in, most of the fight you dont even see your oponent.

Looks like:Mesmer uses Mirror Blade + all the self shatters, but the thief dodges it allThief pops Withdraw (overhealing some) after taking some incidental damage from either GS1 or Split SecondMesmer blasts GS1, mostly without a targetMesmer heals with the signetThief gets the mesmer to half health with Heartseeker but eats some Phantasmal Berserker hits in the process, so now they're both at half health with no heals leftMesmer pops shield bubble while the thief runs off a low cliff

Also, through the map chat we learn that there's some red dots at Pangloss but the ogres killed them all

yup, i haven't seen any slowmo fights zoomed in, only intros, so i made one, and that clip happened in real time within 5 seconds, i have other videos btw on normal speed enjoy

@TS my strat vs tif is to burst them down, if im on condi they just gets away

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:I honestly have no kitten clue whats going on for the most video, its too zoomed in, most of the fight you dont even see your oponent.

its in the title, as you can see, its only a promotional fight not a full to get people hooked into WvW roaming and PvP

btw its included here at the end of the video

dont judge, i just started playing mesmer class, my main is ranger

@Norbe.7630 said:yup, i haven't seen any slowmo fights zoomed in, only intros, so i made one, and that clip happened in real time within 5 seconds, i have other videos btw on normal speed enjoy

I do have to ask, like, why this fight, though. A lot of stuff happens off-camera and then the resolution is you both just sorta leave. He doesn't land a single Backstab or sub-50 Heartseeker and your burst likewise doesn't connect.

@ASP.8093 said:

@"Norbe.7630" said:yup, i haven't seen any slowmo fights zoomed in, only intros, so i made one, and that clip happened in real time within 5 seconds, i have other videos btw on normal speed enjoy

I do have to ask, like, why this fight, though. A lot of stuff happens off-camera and then the resolution is you both just sorta leave. He doesn't land a single Backstab or sub-50 Heartseeker and your burst likewise doesn't connect.

well, i just want to try somethin different , like one of a kind, theres video "Guild Wars 2 Looks Cooler in Slow Motion" but only animations and PvE stuff, i took it to the next level, zoomed it then fought mes's natural counter to see how will the video look on slowmo, and a DOTA 2 video inspired me called "[sFM] In For The Kill" there you will see heroes fighting each other for the kill (heroes natural enemies) hope that helps about the video

the hard part was, getting the screen to chase down that mobile thief on center while zoomed in

btw, the first dodge was for the thief steal in case you missed it

@Norbe.7630 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

@Norbe.7630 said:yup, i haven't seen any slowmo fights zoomed in, only intros, so i made one, and that clip happened in real time within 5 seconds, i have other videos btw on normal speed enjoy

well, i just want to try somethin different , like one of a kind, theres video "Guild Wars 2 Looks Cooler in Slow Motion" but only animations and PvE stuff, i took it to the next level, zoomed it then fought mes's natural counter to see how will the video look on slowmo, and a DOTA 2 video inspired me called "[sFM] In For The Kill" there you will see heroes fighting each other for the kill (heroes natural enemies) hope that helps about the video

the hard part was, getting the screen to chase down that mobile thief on center while zoomed in

btw, the first dodge was for the thief steal in case you missed it

take a clip thats worth watching, remove legendart GS so its particle doesnt cover half the screen and you might have something interesting.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:take a clip thats worth watching, remove legendart GS so its particle doesnt cover half the screen and you might have something interesting.

yeah, maybe if i collected more videos ill upload again, but montage videos looks normal to me, basically everywhere on YT, i wanna try something new, something dark and deep meaning, a different approach of presentation to our beloved classlike Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower from Bloodborne on my Chrono

The only variant that has a chance of killing thieves of same skill level is braindead condi mesmer with high toughness, vitality and probably some healing power too.

You will receive 2-3k backstabs and so the thief won't have the damage to combo burst you down, while a good condi combo can take him down after he used Signet or don't run SA.

If you play power mesmer unless you gank from stealth, or the thief never done pvp, you have no choice, especially in full zerk you can die by a single backstab and autos.