NA/EU Players Guild - Ye Olde Curmudgeons (OLDE) wants YOU! Living on Ferguson's Crossing...

Resurrected.4132

Yes, you!

Who are we?

We are two gamers that have gamed for too many years to even remember =) . One of us is based in the USA (guild founder and PvE player) and one of us in the UK (being British I am very posh :p ).

Where are we?

Ferguson's Crossing (NA) - To take part you will need to be on Ferguson Crossing or any other NA world server.

What do we want?

YOU, of course, =) and you want us, that's why you're reading this...

Both of us are casual players and we both go back to the Guild Wars original game. Whilst we both log in every day, our "game" day is a Saturday - aka beer Saturday (we like beer). Saturday will find us online from about 13:00-14:00 (CST) and 18:00-20:00 (UTC). Normally we play for a five or six-hour session. We then carry on with Serious Sunday - our day of prayer (yeah right!). Sunday we plan fractals and using Discord we look to run Guild events that members want to complete. It's a laid back hangover cure day of course :# B)

We want to recruit players who are not too serious and want to have fun playing.

We run PvE world mapping to help new players progress (Sto the guild founder, is brilliant and knows the world like it was his own neighbourhood).

We have a dedicated group of fractal runners. Fractals are regularly run at the level of the player with the lowest AR to help them progress.

We have run many new members through all the dungeon paths and tutored players in the mechanics of strike missions.

We use Discord for voice comms and will help any new players find their way around the world.

What do we expect?

Just that you are respectful of others, that you rep the guild when online and there is at least one other guild member online. That you take part and have a laugh and a bit of fun.

Could we be THE guild for you?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update to the OP. We've now changed over to Mumble for voice comms with our own dedicated server.

We are still looking for active friendly players who will take part. We DO NOT want players that sign up and then just do their own thing and don't chat with other members and just consistently play solo.

OLDE want to build a community of friendly players.

Are you planing to do fractals, dungeons and to level your guild? I'm a returning player that is really interested in PvE but also want to see a guild grow. I got a bunch of 80 characters but only one that has good equipment, that may change though.

@Xabog.9504 said:Are you planing to do fractals, dungeons and to level your guild? I'm a returning player that is really interested in PvE but also want to see a guild grow. I got a bunch of 80 characters but only one that has good equipment, that may change though.

Hi Xabog,

We most definitely are aiming to grow. Once large enough we will look to organise fractal runs.

I enjoy WvW and hope to expand that side of the guild community.

Above all the aim is to build a friendly community of like-minded players who will all get on, have fun, whilst taking part in the various elements of GW2 that make it the game we all enjoy playing.

@Resurrected.4132 said:Hi Xabog,

We most definitely are aiming to grow. Once large enough we will look to organise fractal runs.

Above all the aim is to build a friendly community of like-minded players who will all get on, have fun, whilst taking part in the various elements of GW2 that make it the game we all enjoy playing.

I do really enjoy WvW except its so much harder to do with guild due to server limitations. Could I get an invite and try your guild out, or should I search your guild up online and apply?

@Xabog.9504 said:

@Resurrected.4132 said:Hi Xabog,

I do really enjoy WvW except its so much harder to do with guild due to server limitations. Could I get an invite and try your guild out, or should I search your guild up online and apply?

I will send you a guild invite. If you do not have Mumble, then please download it.

Me

Hi I am dead old, I was playing online computer games using abacus and Woolly Mamoth tusks. but seriously I am pretty long in the tooth gamer, I really did hook two commodore Amigas together using an RS232 lead to play Falcon with my mate. I am now having to lead a more sedentary lifestyle and returned to Guild Wars.

I played Anarchy Online, WOW, GW, GW2, Eve and a few others in my time. I am now looking for a helpful guild, with no pressure, good banter and no 12 year old Bulgarian Hackers telling me I am crap because I don't raid 25 hours a day, 12 days a week.

I cannot be online all the time as I have work, which believe it or not I am a professional developer. ( but not games ). I don't drink beer, ( will discuss why one day ) and I haven't a clue what I am doing in game. I got my half baked little mutant jobber to level 80 and now I am lost.

Did I say I am old.... I forgot... I think I might have just wet myself ... but I need a coffee now, hope to speak soon... Steve

@Bullocks.3695 said:

Me

Hi I am dead old, I was playing online computer games using abacus and Woolly Mamoth tusks. but seriously I am pretty long in the tooth gamer, I really did hook two commodore Amigas together using an RS232 lead to play Falcon with my mate. I am now having to lead a more sedentary lifestyle and returned to Guild Wars.

I played Anarchy Online, WOW, GW, GW2, Eve and a few others in my time. I am now looking for a helpful guild, with no pressure, good banter and no 12 year old Bulgarian Hackers telling me I am kitten because I don't raid 25 hours a day, 12 days a week.

I cannot be online all the time as I have work, which believe it or not I am a professional developer. ( but not games ). I don't drink beer, ( will discuss why one day ) and I haven't a clue what I am doing in game. I got my half baked little mutant jobber to level 80 and now I am lost.

Did I say I am old.... I forgot... I think I might have just wet myself ... but I need a coffee now, hope to speak soon... Steve

Hi Bullocks,

From your description, you sound like you'd fit in perfectly. I'll be in game tomorrow and will contact you.

Cheers

Rez

@Resurrected.4132 said:

Me

I played Anarchy Online, WOW, GW, GW2, Eve and a few others in my time. I am now looking for a helpful guild, with no pressure, good banter and no 12 year old Bulgarian Hackers telling me I am kitten because I don't raid 25 hours a day, 12 days a week.

Hi Bullocks,

From your description, you sound like you'd fit in perfectly. I'll be in game tomorrow and will contact you.

Cheers

Rez

You have a guild invite awaiting you.

I'd be interested in joining (I like beer too) as long as there's no social expectation to post cat gif's, links to videos or any other social media stuff that the younger generations seem obsessed with. I'm just looking for a group of people to do group content with (dungeons, fractals, strikes) using voice comms. I've got 6 level 80 toons including one with full ascended gear for running t1/t2 fractals. I'm US CST time, typically on at server reset during weeknights and any time on weekends.