Getting API key invalid on gw2effieceny and on account page requestPageState error

The post is created by me before sending this ticket here. Here is the text I wrote:

When I was trying to look up something on characters this happens on https://gw2efficiency.com/account/characters - message no valid API key. I haven't made any changes since last night/early morning, so this message seem a bit strange. Went to https://account.arena.net/overview where this requestPageState and there is no Personal Information in that box as it used to be with display name etc.

What is going on

Logged into game client the first thing that happens after character screen at Armistice Bastion is the classic lost connection to log in server pop up. Is that related to issue where API key doesn't work on gw2efficiencey and that you are not really logged into Account site when you try to check your API key (can't do anything and Personal Information is missing, only a Verify button show up)?

Can log into game client, but did get a message about log in server failure pop up when getting into game after character screen. This pop up message have happen a lot lately, but i haven't had any problem to play (outside of lag where game world stop and fast forward) and external sites like gw2efficiency have worked as normal displaying all my characters.

The only change I made tonight where to delete all build templates (default from game) as this blocked access to skills on my Revenant which have been playing for some time. The issue connected to templates and Revenant seem well know over years now. I purchased and added Material Storage expander (from 500 to 750 stack). That is all that I can think of that might have any account wide impact.

Why is this happening? Is it related to templates that I did delete (I had to remove set up for my Mirage as it seem to block Reventant skills, energy bar and F1)?How can get back into https://account.arena.net/overview (even after providing information to log in - as you can only access to this page after log in, there is no personal information and want me to verify PS which have never happen before)?

I am having similar API problems and about the same time that ShadowCatz posted. My API key no longer works at gw2efficiency or the Wiki. It was working just fine earlier but now says it’s invalid/corrupted. I tried again after Inculpatus posted but no change.

I attempted it again several hours later but it’s still borked for me. I then decided to ‘forget’ the key in order to obtain a new one but that didn’t work either….the API page just keeps throwing me around in a loop and duplicates the old key on any attempt to get a fresh one.

@catholic guilt.5817 said:I am having similar API problems and about the same time that ShadowCatz posted. My API key no longer works at gw2efficiency or the Wiki. It was working just fine earlier but now says it’s invalid/corrupted. I tried again after Inculpatus posted but no change.

I attempted it again several hours later but it’s still borked for me. I then decided to ‘forget’ the key in order to obtain a new one but that didn’t work either….the API page just keeps throwing me around in a loop and duplicates the old key on any attempt to get a fresh one.

It worked for me some hour after I posted here. It is their log in server that lost connection to game servers some how and that did also make API keys not work as they need information for authentication on account for gw2efficiency.com to work

• 1 year later...

I did not test every part of gw2effenciency, but my key seems to work fine...

I find it strange that people do not mention which "parts" they authorized their key for:

• tradingpost
  • characters
  • pvp
  • progression
  • wallet
  • guilds
  • builds
  • account
  • inventories
  • unlocks

If you forget to authorize one (or more) of these "parts" and gw2effenciency needs to read it then it will result in an error.

Edited by GODh.3892
typos
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

All parts are authorized for my key(s).  Each and every one. 

Ok, then that is not the problem then...

I currently can only think of 2 possible other problems:

• there is a problem with gw2effenciency, but then i expect every user to have a problem with their key
  • newly generated keys are corrupt (my old key seems to work right, but gw2effenciency is too big to test everything)
Edited by GODh.3892
typos

8 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Only 2 Dailies will show up on the HUD; never a third.

I am not sure what you mean with this...

I do not use gw2effenciency very often. I can see a LOT of dailies, but gw2effenciency can not tell me which ones i have done (other than some under crafting). I am supposed to tell gw2effenciency which ones i have done? What's the purpose of that?

Edited by GODh.3892
typos
  • Confused 1

Ok, i never checked those dailies on gw2efficiency because i know which ones i have done. I do not need a website to tell me that.

But do you know players whose gw2efficiency is not borked? Because i start to think that this is a problem with the website, not with the key.

On 9/5/2020 at 3:22 PM, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

When I was trying to look up something on characters this happens on https://gw2efficiency.com/account/characters - message no valid API key.

I am pretty sure that this key is incomplete (not enough parts have been authorized).

On 7/22/2022 at 2:52 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

My key(s) all work in the widgets, but as previously stated, just won't work for certain parts of gw2efficiency. 

I think this has nothing to do with an invalid key, but a website that works differently as expected. It's possible that certain parts of that website contains bugs, but it is more likely that the API is unable to return certain data, simply because that info is not available in the API.

-

The API itself is far from perfect. I made myself a tool (for personal use!) that searches items for me (in bags, bank, etc). While learning the API i found out that some info was missing in the API. For example:

• Not every item that is in the game is also in the API (i still see old items being added)
  • Some items, like salvage kits and gathering tools have a limited number of uses. That info is available via the API for salvage kits, but not for gathering tools.

-

And i am sure that there are a lot more issues with the API. The forum for API development is full with all kind of problems:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/forum/28-api-development/

Even wiki shows that there is no info about completion of daily achievements in the API...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:2/achievements/daily

It's all about the achievement itself and the requirement for the player to show it as a daily achievement or not.

• id (number) - The achievement id.
  • level (object) - Describes the level requirement for the daily to appear.
  • * min (number) - The minimum level. Any character below this level will not see this daily achievement.
  • * max (number) - The maximum level. Any character above this level will not see this daily achievement.
  • required_access (array) - Contains which Guild Wars 2 campaigns are required in order to see this daily achievement. Possible values: GuildWars2, and/or HeartOfThorns, and/or PathOfFire. Available on schema previous to 2019-05-16T00:00:00.000Z.
  • required_access (object - optional) - Describes if a daily requires a Guild Wars 2 campaign or not. Available on schema 2019-05-16T00:00:00.000Z or later.
  • * product (string) - A Guild Wars 2 campaign. Can either be HeartOfThorns or PathOfFire.
  • * condition (string) - The condition if a account can or cannot see this daily achievement. Can either be HasAccess or NoAccess.
Edited by GODh.3892
typos

Funny that no one has mentioned the Dailies not showing up in gw2efficiency since it's a major part.  And if they aren't in the API, how do they get tracked on the HUD and in the Hero Panel (Achievements)? 

But, whatever.  The creator said that it must be the API in my case, as it did not affect most people.  Of course, there was never any response from that forum, as the API person left long, long ago. 

As for widgets, it turned out I was not that familiar with them at the time, and did not know about clearing the cache.  I rarely have an issue with widgets now, and if I do, it is temporary. 

Regardless, gw2efficiency not working for me is an issue I've long since made peace with, much like the Daily HUD not working for an alt account, so it does not really matter.  🤷‍♂️

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

And if they aren't in the API, how do they get tracked on the HUD and in the Hero Panel (Achievements)?

I am convinced that this data is not the real-time data from the game itself, but more like a incomplete copy of that data (only the parts that Anet wants to share). You can test this by selling/buying some stuff (like a stack of materials) on/from TP. It takes some time (minutes) before that new info is available via the API.

Edited by GODh.3892
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, GODh.3892 said:

While learning the API i found out that some info was missing in the API. For example:

• Not every item that is in the game is also in the API (i still see old items being added)
  • Some items, like salvage kits and gathering tools have a limited number of uses. That info is available via the API for salvage kits, but not for gathering tools.

These problems never would happen if the API data was real time...

-

This item was this week added to the API. I am pretty sure it is much older...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Healing_Signet_(Infused)

Edited by GODh.3892
typos