The End - Salt on the Wound Bugged

jwaz.1908

@"Ednahur.1735" said:Can confirm, tried it today and most of left wings weak spots come out as "Miss" and the right wings are mostly out of line of sight no matter what I target and when.Several attempts at this changed nothing. Definitely bugged.

What I find the most annoying about the whole thing is that you're forced to do the "Salt on the Wound" achievement to complete War Eternal Mastery, whereas most if not all other living world episodes give you the choice of skipping a few of the more tedious achievements.

HelloI have same problem. After many tries solo and make a two member party with another players, I start to see videos from YouTube to find problem for many fails.I found this link in YouTube. Same problem as above, shots not hit weak points and take a long time to reach them, can't hit most spots with 3 or 4 shots on the first wing except one or two and on right wing can't even fire on weak points. Not working like 2019, something going wrong with this achievement.Link from May 2019:

@Kherad.4025 said:HelloI have same problem. After many tries solo and make a two member party with another players, I start to see videos from YouTube to find problem for many fails.I found this link in YouTube. Same problem as above, shots not hit weak points and take a long time to reach them, can't hit most spots with 3 or 4 shots on the first wing except one or two and on right wing can't even fire on weak points. Not working like 2019, something going wrong with this achievement.

It appears to be working more in the video than it does nowadays >.>

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

Same things for me, trying to do it alone and got a lot of "miss it" or "No line of Sight" as say the author.I'm playing with the french dialogue and voice (maybe it's a localisation bug).

And since i'm doing the achievement "Visions of Dragonfall" and for that "War Eternal" Mastery must be completed, it's start to be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I am suffering the same problem, it is missing constantly or nothing is happening. Shooting in front/slightly to right/slightly to the left/far thing at the front/behind is the same outcome. I can only hit something at the end of the first swoop by aiming directly behind me and on the second fly over I can only hit the body when I am coming to the end of the first wing as soon as I pass the body flying over the second wing I can't hit anything further.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had done this solo and in a 4 man party (helping a guildie get vision) since this post was made. I don't think its bugged, watch some videos and mimic them exactly. This is a difficult achievement with very little room for error. You have to hit the right ones at the right times.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I did it solo on an alt account a couple weeks ago without actually trying to go for it. It's still possible solo and should be easily doable in a group despite the line of sight thing.

I am extremely happy for your successes. The achievement is, however, buggy to hell and back. I have no way of even knowing if I'm hitting anything since many times I get no response from the target. I have tried it at least a dozen times now, which you may chalk up to my inferior skills but you'd be wrong. I kept changing my tactics of what to target each time. I went by the recommendation of the Wiki a few times, too. No luck. I hate that I am forced to do WvW for the boot skin and the Vision collection because of this. If only you could share some of your wisdom with the rest of us...

• 5 months later...

I spent the weekend trying to get this, the last achievement I need for Dragonfall/Vision 1. Weak points were targeted but I didn’t get a hit or miss, just nothing. 
I’d really hate to run through the WvW track after spending so much time completing the other goals. 
Everyone is about to hate it if this bug persists when this part of the living world is re-released tomorrow.

ANET please fix this, it blocks several achievements!

Edited by Meridian.4983
Edited for spelling from my phone

• 3 weeks later...