Altitude Indicators missing during map completion - Resolved with Oct 13th patch - [Merged]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@henosis.8796 said:I'm experiencing it too.

Everyone is as this is not a client-sided bug but a bug in the game itself that got distributed to clients with one of the recent patches.

I wonder if ArenaNet is aware of this...?

Well, All the threads were merged by the mods so I suspect Anet is aware of it. But they, more often than not, choose not to interact or drop a note about. Respect is a two street imho.

So, I have an open ticket on the matter, I was told to report this bug in game. I did so several times, though I am not sure what good it really does at this point. I submit it as a bug report for "User Interface", "Map / Mini-map" bug. I have pointed this thread out in my ticket and am waiting for a follow up response at this point.

Not sure what else I can do that I haven't already done, forum thread, bug reports, and my ticket. Wish someone would at least acknowledge and let us know a fix will be coming in the near future. Thanks to all who took the time to post they had the issue as well.

@Marigold.2167 said:I have the same issue but my friend as no problems. It is very annoying, especially in hot maps. Are there just a few people who have this issue?

I haven't talked to anyone who hasn't noticed the same issue, unless your friend is using an add on like TACO to help them, or never noticed the altitude indicators previously, they appear to be missing for everyone I've spoken with.

Doing map-completion right now and noticed that all the targets (hero points, vistas, PoIs) no longer show their elevation. They used to be transperent and have an arrow up or down next to them depending on wether they are above or below you. Now they are opaque on all map-layers and dont show the arrows anymore.

I guess we can add this to the list of bugs that anet is going to ignore and not fix. Submitting a ticket was a dead end, and considering how much time has passed without a response they must not intend to communicate on the matter. So disappointing when you have no options in place to resolve issues like this with your player base.

Would be nice if we skipped the new content for a bug patch to fix a lot of the ongoing issues being posted on the forum. Oh well, I've done all I can. :/