Action Camera gets disabled with every loading screen and cutscene

I've noticed with the recent update that action camera gets disabled and you have to re-enable it every time there's a loading screen or a cutscene of any sort. Previously the game remembered whether you had action camera toggled on, and resetting it every time gets rather tedious for someone that predominantly uses it. Additionally after it resets past a few times I'm unable to rotate the camera with left click until I re-enable action camera again.

The issue still persists after changing the settings and repairing the client. I have no idea why it started and it seems that several people still have action camera working normally for them. I've submitted a bug report and I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this issue previously and whether it was ever resolved.

(Yes, this is similar to bug threads a few years ago, except those threads were never resolved either.)

Just started with me today. I had a crash to desktop event (which I almost have never had) once logged backed in action camera will not persist through cutscenes, waypointing, vistas, etc. Tried defaulting keybinds, repairs, full shutdown and reboots, disabling all mods, nothing seems to make it work. Haven't tried wvw or drizlewood parachuting but I'm betting it's the same. Opened a bug ticket but there really wasn't a category for this so I used beta>UI for report.