Crystalline Memories Disconnects [merged]

seabhac.5346

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I am a new player and have experienced this issue two times now. I can't believe that this thread was started in Sept. for 2017 and in June 2018 the issue is still not resolved. Given the large number of people experience this problem, its entirely inexcusable that the GW Devs haven't fixed this problem.

I play games casually these days, as I don't have the time to sink a lifetime into playing these things anymore. I'm enjoying PoF thus far, and GW casual nature and lack of focus on dungeons/raids, but I don't have time to sit around and defeat the same silly boss 3-5x in the span of an hour, WHILE being FORCED to listen to dialogue sequences (which is another story in itself in the year 2018), only to crash each and every time I beat the boss.

OH: Your reward? DISCONNECT.

For such a popular, well-established game, I'm amazed this issue is still not fixed nearly one year after it's been reported--especially w/ the Dev attention thrown onto this thread. I shouldn't have to repeat the issue: but after I beat the Crystal Golem, I speak to Glint's Memory Crystal (I guess that's what it is) and at some point in the dialogue, during a line other posters above me have already quoted, the game disconnects me to character login with an error (also already reported). Two times now. I only stumbled upon this thread because on the first time I figure: "Ah, regular disconnect ... great." But on the second attempt, same spot, I realized it was a legit client issue. Now I have to go do this a third time? How about not? How about I just uninstall this game and lend you no more money for gems? My springer and raptor can starve in the Crystal Desert for all I care. I have other things to do. ESO had a new expansion. Maybe I'll waste my free time over there instead? I'd rather play this, but I can't continue with the story and I'm not up for doing this fight again.

Fix your problem. Inexcusable this issue still lingers around. 1 Year guys. Fix it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How is this still an issue? Tried to complete Crystalline Memories a few months back (NA, human, necromancer) and it crashed just after the memory sequence ended. I thought it was just my internet connection but had no inclination to try again since that sequence takes about an hour. Well, internet's been better lately so figured I'll try again (same character), and, well, NOPE. Crashed at the exact same time. I see there are possible ways to avoid this by doing weird things like leaving the shard area or looking at the ground or whatever, but I have better things to do with my life than repeat this same stupid level three or more times just on the off-chance it works someday. I just want to be able to finish PoF and finish my mount collection, but I guess I never will, because I'm not going through that nightmare of a level again, ESPECIALLY since it sounds like future levels in PoF have similar issues. Sorry, PoF, but we're done.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I know I did all of the PoF story in another character in the past. I decided to run through the story on another character to open up all the maps. During Crystalline memories, after defeating the corrupted crystal elemental Glint speaks and then the game crashes. I submitted a support ticket and got an email asking me to run a couple of tests on my PC.A couple of points-

1. How is this STILL an issue!?
  2. If it's a known issue, why is support asking me to go through something that, given the evidence, is NOT going to fix the problem?

• 2 years later...