Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

@Talindra.4958 said:I thought I would like to add one of my wish list here..I have about 25 (?) ish characters.. they are all customised to look unique to its look and hair style .. I would like to be able to keep the unique look while accessing the share leg equipment template please. This is quite an important part of the game for me .. I enjoy fashion war, not just that but I like to keep the unique look for each of my characters that I play. Thanks for reading.

A very big Yes to this. Atm I have 24 alts and each one has their own singular look. Crafting an alt's unique appearance is a fun part of the character creation process for me. Heck, when I got the Bear Ceremonial headpiece yesterday, I immediately had to make a new Norn ranger to wear it and it looks awesome! So I really do hope we can customize the appearance of the legendary armor as well as it's stats. :)

Oh, and it would be so nice if we knew when the Legendary Armory might be available. Just minutes ago I finally got my first piece of legendary armor and I immediately came to the forum and this thread to see if there was any indication of when the Armory might be implemented. I'm going to be grinding away on more leggy armor so I hope it will be sometime soon.

Here are some things I feel need to be implemented with the next Legendary Armory update.

1. Equipment templates need to be able to be created and saved. Currently if you unequip all items, you have to redo everything if you want to go back to what you had before. That’s not a template. Build templates allow you to save currently.
  2. Equipment template and build template storage should be unlimited and not paid for, or make it so you can save templates offline and load them back through a file system. Take GW1 for example. The paid part can still be how many templates you can load in at once. Currently there are up to 6. Why not offer to expand it up to 12, or 18 slots?
  3. Ability to key bind equipment and builds together in one slot for easy build change. This allows you to change builds easier and it gives you more keys for more builds to load.

Is there any estimate when it's going to happen?

I'd like 3 things to work:

1. To be able to swap stats on a whole set with 1 click - it's really troublesome if you have like 7-8 legendaries and you stat swap each one.
  2. To be able to tie the skin to 1 build template. Ascended armor currently is better because it can be stored in template and you can achieve different looks on different builds (e.g. my tank build should be able to look different than my power, healing or thiefy build, right?)
  3. Can we turn off our OWN legendary effects on trinkets? Idc about other people - I get that if I could turn off their effects it could make legendaries less popular, but I'd like to be able to turn off my trinket effects :( Or choose one of the 3.

Hope it comes soon! :)

@"Dark Red Killian.3946" said:Here are some things I feel need to be implemented with the next Legendary Armory update.

1. Equipment templates need to be able to be created and saved. Currently if you unequip all items, you have to redo everything if you want to go back to what you had before. That’s not a template. Build templates allow you to save currently.This one would be a bit tricky because you'd need to have a "storage" of it per character for the saved version and the "in-use" versions. I figure having a limited amount of account/wide would work (maybe 3 to start, more can be purchased) so that it doesn't cut into the proposed benefits of the Legendary Armoury.

2. Equipment template and build template storage should be unlimited and not paid for, or make it so you can save templates offline and load them back through a file system. Take GW1 for example. The paid part can still be how many templates you can load in at once. Currently there are up to 6. Why not offer to expand it up to 12, or 18 slots?Build Template Storage should be up to at least 30 per account, and at least 6 per character. I get limiting the Equipment Templates because those effectively free up inventory space, but limiting Build Templates when those can be swapped on the fly anyways seems a bit too much. If they did decide to refund players for it, I feel giving equivalent amounts of Gems, Build --> Equipment Templates, or Waypoint unlocks/Skins wouldn't be too out of the question.

3. Ability to key bind equipment and builds together in one slot for easy build change. This allows you to change builds easier and it gives you more keys for more builds to load.Key bind equipment AND build together would be amazing! Currently if you're on the fly and accidentally swap one but not the other, it can slaughter you

@Geoff Fey.1035 said:

@"Dark Red Killian.3946" said:Here are some things I feel need to be implemented with the next Legendary Armory update.
  1. Equipment templates need to be able to be created and saved. Currently if you unequip all items, you have to redo everything if you want to go back to what you had before. That’s not a template. Build templates allow you to save currently.This one would be a bit tricky because you'd need to have a "storage" of it per character for the saved version and the "in-use" versions. I figure having a limited amount of account/wide would work (maybe 3 to start, more can be purchased) so that it doesn't cut into the proposed benefits of the Legendary Armoury.
  2. Equipment template and build template storage should be unlimited and not paid for, or make it so you can save templates offline and load them back through a file system. Take GW1 for example. The paid part can still be how many templates you can load in at once. Currently there are up to 6. Why not offer to expand it up to 12, or 18 slots?Build Template Storage should be up to at least 30 per account, and at least 6 per character. I get limiting the Equipment Templates because those effectively free up inventory space, but limiting Build Templates when those can be swapped on the fly anyways seems a bit too much. If they did decide to refund players for it, I feel giving equivalent amounts of Gems, Build --> Equipment Templates, or Waypoint unlocks/Skins wouldn't be too out of the question.
  3. Ability to key bind equipment and builds together in one slot for easy build change. This allows you to change builds easier and it gives you more keys for more builds to load.Key bind equipment AND build together would be amazing! Currently if you're on the fly and accidentally swap one but not the other, it can slaughter you

Build storage should not be refunded, that is a logistical nightmare. Instead the limit should be increased heavily and whoever purchased them should retroactively be increased.

For example if instead of 3 templates per purchase there were 9+ slots per purchase , whoever bought the current implementation 3x would get 27 slots , if purchased 6 times then 54 slots. Given that the free storage amounts were 3+3 (one build storage pack free or reduced per player) it would mean up to 12-18 slots minimum from 3 or 6 currently. It's far easier for Arenanet to just change one data value than to process however many potential refunds making the system free would create.

Thank you so much! This is great news!

I'm interested to see how is this going to turn out of character with different skins.

Also regarding the legendary sigils/runes, does it function the same way as all the other legendaries, and how many do we need to make.

In addition, can a single character wield 2 of the same legendary weapon from the armory like double swords.

I'd also like to know how it will work with legendary sigils and runes.Will we need to unlock just one of each in the armory or 6 runes and 4 sigils for each slot available? I don't know if it's just me but the cost to craft 6 runes and 4 sigils is pretty expensive at around 3,800 gold in comparison to just buying/crafting the ones you need for your sets.

Also something that ties into this. I myself haven't but for those that have crafted more legendary items then they'll need when the armory comes out, Will there be an option to uncraft non account bound legendaries to their original ingredients (even if just the gifts and precursors)? I think it's only fair that those that spent their hard time and money getting multiples for different characters don't get forgotten.

@Solanum.6983 said:I'd also like to know how it will work with legendary sigils and runes.Will we need to unlock just one of each in the armory or 6 runes and 4 sigils for each slot available? I don't know if it's just me but the cost to craft 6 runes and 4 sigils is pretty expensive at around 3,800 gold in comparison to just buying/crafting the ones you need for your sets.

Also something that ties into this. I myself haven't but for those that have crafted more legendary items then they'll need when the armory comes out, Will there be an option to uncraft non account bound legendaries to their original ingredients (even if just the gifts and precursors)? I think it's only fair that those that spent their hard time and money getting multiples for different characters don't get forgotten.

I'm assuming everything will be just like it's right now, just the same when you change items clicking the slot you want.

Imagine you have a invisible bag where there are a copy of all your legendaries. You can't access that bag, but in character window, you can equip, customize, etc, including the skin. Each character will have their copy, so you can change skins without affecting others copies of the same item.

On sigils and runes, it's the same. Ex. Do you want to use a full set of runes? You need 6 legendaries runes. Do you need to use two legendary axes? You will need 2 frostfangs ou a frostfang + astralaria.

Remember the objective is to avoid the use of bank to change items from chars to chars.

I still can't believe this was shelved because a bunch of entitled babies who VOLUNTARILY made multiples of the same items want a refund. ANet already put in place EVERY TOOL YOU NEED to easily move these items between characters so that you didn't need to craft a legendary more than once. The fact that you then CHOSE to do this is YOUR FAULT and you should NOT be compensated for your own poor judgement.

@Faith.3807 said:I still can't believe this was shelved because a bunch of entitled babies who VOLUNTARILY made multiples of the same items want a refund. ANet already put in place EVERY TOOL YOU NEED to easily move these items between characters so that you didn't need to craft a legendary more than once. The fact that you then CHOSE to do this is YOUR FAULT and you should NOT be compensated for your own poor judgement.

You got any proof this is why there is no updates?

@Faith.3807 said:I still can't believe this was shelved because a bunch of entitled babies who VOLUNTARILY made multiples of the same items want a refund. ANet already put in place EVERY TOOL YOU NEED to easily move these items between characters so that you didn't need to craft a legendary more than once. The fact that you then CHOSE to do this is YOUR FAULT and you should NOT be compensated for your own poor judgement.

Funny, you say that. But, can't you do the same and not need armory?Oh, I get it, its hassle. May be that's why people made multiple set coz they dont want the hassle.PS. I have only 1 set.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:First, thanks to all of you for your input. Your strong reaction and feedback showed us that this would be a worthwhile addition to the game and we can’t wait to get it to you. We’re excited to be able to make you a part of development early on for this feature, and in the coming months we’ll be sharing updates as we move through the implementation process.

almost 4 months later and zero updates, is this being worked on at all?

"Sir, I found a folder behind one of the file cabinets labeled 'Legendary Armory', do you want me to file it under 'Pending' or in the same drawer as 'WvW Alliances'?"

On a serious note though, some answers to questions that affect us right now are needed. Some questions would include:

• Will I be able to dual equip a legendary sword if I only own one legendary sword? (example: Shining blade in both hands)
  • Will I be able to slot Conflux and Slumbering Conflux at the same time when I currently only own one Conflux? Or do I need to make a second ring and leave it at the Slumbering stage?

No doubt there are other questions, but legendary items are expensive and take time, whether this content comes out with xpac3 or not, knowing if we need to make a second sword or ring or whatever would be very useful information right now while we wait for the actual release of the content.

@"Avatar of Indra.6908" said:"Sir, I found a folder behind one of the file cabinets labeled 'Legendary Armory', do you want me to file it under 'Pending' or in the same drawer as 'WvW Alliances'?"

On a serious note though, some answers to questions that affect us right now are needed. Some questions would include:

• Will I be able to dual equip a legendary sword if I only own one legendary sword? (example: Shining blade in both hands)
  • Will I be able to slot Conflux and Slumbering Conflux at the same time when I currently only own one Conflux? Or do I need to make a second ring and leave it at the Slumbering stage?

No doubt there are other questions, but legendary items are expensive and take time, whether this content comes out with xpac3 or not, knowing if we need to make a second sword or ring or whatever would be very useful information right now while we wait for the actual release of the content.

@"Avatar of Indra.6908" said:"Sir, I found a folder behind one of the file cabinets labeled 'Legendary Armory', do you want me to file it under 'Pending' or in the same drawer as 'WvW Alliances'?"

Its an armory so you can wear all your legendaries on each character.So if you have 1 sword its 1 sword per character, the ring is the same question since we dont have a wardrobe for rings you destroyed the slumbering version when you made the awake one so still only 1 ring per character for you mate.

@Linken.6345 said:Its an armory so you can wear all your legendaries on each character.So if you have 1 sword its 1 sword per character, the ring is the same question since we dont have a wardrobe for rings you destroyed the slumbering version when you made the awake one so still only 1 ring per character for you mate.

That is what I've been thinking too, and have been a bit afraid of. At this point without an official answer, everything is just speculation based on what is or was, not will be. I really don't want to go back and make duplicates of weapon types just to dual-wield.

I've seen some people here and there suggest that a NPC offers a clone of the weapon (which cannot be traded, sold or salvaged) so that the weapon can simply be dual-wielded. I'd rather a system like this than needing to go back and making the weapons that I wasn't interested in in the first place.