Following the latest Canthan expansion trailer, how are you feeling?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Redfeather.6401 said:I have low expectations.GW2 core seems to be themed mini games and the occasional insane farming for some gated carrot on a stick.So expansion could be 10 new mini game types dotted around a map.And a new fireball throwing dragon sword that requires 250 gold, 250 monster eyes, 250 ectoplasm and 50 piece collection.That sounds about right. ?

That does unfortunately sound about right, and the skins on top of being crazy grinds are usually complete trash. Its unfortunate that they lost all the charm GW1 grind had, it had similar skin grinds located in dungeons that were fun .These days you can't even make out a character with 9000 spell effects and gem shop costumes so whats it even matter lol. Its funny to think FF14 and WoW being more grounded with their visuals.

Anyway, I'm sure cantha will be great until we run out of content and its back to the collection grind, which at that point I just quit and go back to WoW anyway with a much more lively pve scene and battlegrounds. I am fine with it, thats what this game is now, a korean grinder spamming the same events 24/7. I don't see that as any different than mindlessly slaying mobs in black desert. Both have about the same chance of getting something actually useful out of your play time other than raw materials.

As long as it supports the extremely casual playerbase :astonished: one can hope that dungeons could make a return and raids are much more supported and pvp modes but the reality is they just aren't profitable compared to the korean grind design and gem shop skins which mainly attract casual pvers.