Warrior needs a buff

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

You'll know they found the right balance when every profession is on Metabattle as a Meta build.Right now, no version of Warrior is Meta.Right now, no version of Warrior is Great.

Metabattle is quite an unreliable source on what is good and bad

What are the reliable sources then? Do they have Warrior in Meta or Great?Does it include Berserker?Does it include core Warrior?

I'd say support spellbreaker is a high tier build and perfectly playable. However, when your classes best build is tank or support it's in a bad spot.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

You'll know they found the right balance when every profession is on Metabattle as a Meta build.Right now, no version of Warrior is Meta.Right now, no version of Warrior is Great.

What are the reliable sources then? Do they have Warrior in Meta or Great?Does it include Berserker?Does it include core Warrior?

Warrior is in a bad state right now, but using metabattle as a reference doesnt work because it'd unreliable and doesnt reflect the meta.

@"Pati.2438" said:Nah Warrior itself need only a little bit more love i gues. For example ....

Bring damage back Damage to Warriors CC skills. (only low dps, something like "Bull's Charge" = 1-2k damage (critical hit)).This should be the Special thing of why you using Warrior ( Guardian got Aegis, Thief got Stealth special attacks, Mes got clones, Necro got a second Life bar and Barrier, Ele got Elements (with mutch dodges i gues), Rev got its Heroes, Engi its Kits.... so why Warrior not Damage on cc?)

Then for the love of Defence ... bring "Defy Pain" back into a usefull skill (bring it maybe on 90 seconds cd)..... that would be the moment when Berserker will maybe see a use in the meta.

For Spellbraker i would say just reduce the Daze from "Full Counter" back to 0,5 seconds (cause the 2 seconds Daze is just pretty toxic design) BUT Buff its dps back to a 2-3k (critical hit) Damage lvl.

Damage on CC isn't needed and they can keep it consistent with other classes. A few things that will get warrior back into a decent spot:

defense line traits reworked as promised, the 300s CDs were a placeholder until it is reworked. They are not meant to be used in its current state.

Dagger and offhand dagger on spellbreaker needs a damage buff.

Balanced stance and berserker stance need to have the formerly traited duration made baseline.

Hammer weapon needs a complete rework.

Offhand sword needs some improvement.

Berserker needs a CD reduction on activating berserker mode. 13-15 seconds is too long makes its gameplay stale both in PvP environments and PvE. Having to spam skills to extend its duration is bad.

@Tharan.9085 said:

Warrior is in a bad state right now, but using metabattle as a reference doesnt work because it'd unreliable and doesnt reflect the meta.

What is unreliable about Metabattle? Are the builds they post a joke? Are the feedbacks a joke?

What are some reliable PvP or WvW sources for GW2 builds then?

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

What is unreliable about Metabattle? Are the builds they post a joke? Are the feedbacks a joke?

What are some reliable PvP or WvW sources for GW2 builds then?They still got 2 firebrand builds in great altough firebrand really isnt good right now. They don't even have some of the strongest builds that are currently in the game like core symbol guardian or decap scrapper. Metabattle just always is slower than the actual Meta.GodsofPvP is a good place to see the actual best builds for each class in PvP.

@Tharan.9085 said:

What are some reliable PvP or WvW sources for GW2 builds then?They still got 2 firebrand builds in great altough firebrand really isnt good right now. They don't even have some of the strongest builds that are currently in the game like core symbol guardian or decap scrapper. Metabattle just always is slower than the actual Meta.GodsofPvP is a good place to see the actual best builds for each class in PvP.

problem of gods of pvp it shows you the 1-2 best build for the class, it doesnt show meta.I sure as hell dont see warriors or mirages anywhere.Its just holo,tempest,reaper,thief and many different rev builds with occasional cancer bunker shit ranger/scrapper/guard/rev

@Shiyo.3578 said:

I'd say support spellbreaker is a high tier build and perfectly playable. However, when your classes best build is tank or support it's in a bad spot.

support spellbreaker is higher tier for noobs, just like renegade bunker is higher tier for noobs for revs.you only find it more effective, because it requires less effort.

also metabattle is highly inaccurate, warrior is much much lower then Good tier, in many top player's eye

@felix.2386 said:warrior is much much lower then Good tier, in many top player's eye

And those top players, who make up a very small percentage of the playerbase, hardly matter in balance issues.The average, where the vast majority is at, is much more important.And there, Warrior isn't as underperforming as said very small percentage claims.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"felix.2386" said:warrior is much much lower then Good tier, in many top player's eye

And those top players, who make up a very small percentage of the playerbase, hardly matter in balance issues.The average, where the vast majority is at, is much more important.And there, Warrior isn't as underperforming as said very small percentage claims.

It is underperforming for them.Metabattle has reviews, those reviews are not from top players. The warrior is not great or meta because of bad reviews from people not top player.

There is no Great build for WarriorsThere is no Meta build for WarriorsSpellbreaker is the ONLY Good build for WarriorBerserker and core Warrior not even considered good, they that bad.

Difference between GodsofPvP and Metabattle, Metabattle allows for reviews by anybody. Metabattle has reviews and usually when you have reviews its more legit.

Who knows maybe that warrior build on godsofpvp is a joke. Not Meta and Not Great and maybe not EVEN GOODNo reviews, nobody to say "this build is meta" "joke build, do not use"

Your logic is flawed, if you think godsofpvp is better and you say it doesn't matter about top players.Godsofpvp i dont know much, but if a top player made it, and everyone else assumes its good. There you go contradicting yourself.Metabattle, I KNOW its going to get reviewed, I KNOW community will vote on how good it is. It's not a build someone makes and no vote, no review like godsofpvp.

You "metabattle is unreliable, godsofpvp better"You "dont matter what pros think, its the average player that matters"

godsofpvp nothing to do with avg playermetabattle everything to do with avg player

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@"felix.2386" said:warrior is much much lower then Good tier, in many top player's eyeAnd those top players, who make up a very small percentage of the playerbase, hardly matter in balance issues.The average, where the vast majority is at, is much more important.And there, Warrior isn't as underperforming as said very small percentage claims.It is underperforming for them.Metabattle has reviews, those reviews are not from top players. The warrior is not great or meta because of bad reviews from people not top player.

There is no Great build for WarriorsThere is no Meta build for WarriorsSpellbreaker is the ONLY Good build for WarriorBerserker and core Warrior not even considered good, they that bad.

Difference between GodsofPvP and Metabattle, Metabattle allows for reviews by anybody. Metabattle has reviews and usually when you have reviews its more legit.

Who knows maybe that warrior build on godsofpvp is a joke. Not Meta and Not Great and maybe not EVEN GOODNo reviews, nobody to say "this build is meta" "joke build, do not use"

Your logic is flawed, if you think godsofpvp is better and you say it doesn't matter about top players.Godsofpvp i dont know much, but if a top player made it, and everyone else assumes its good. There you go contradicting yourself.Metabattle, I KNOW its going to get reviewed, I KNOW community will vote on how good it is. It's not a build someone makes and no vote, no review like godsofpvp.

You "metabattle is unreliable, godsofpvp better"You "dont matter what pros think, its the average player that matters"

godsofpvp nothing to do with avg player

Why are you quoting me, who said nothing about whether metabattle or godsofpvp is better?

metabattle everything to do with avg playerThis is not even close to be true.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@"felix.2386" said:warrior is much much lower then Good tier, in many top player's eye

It is underperforming for them.Metabattle has reviews, those reviews are not from top players. The warrior is not great or meta because of bad reviews from people not top player.

godsofpvp nothing to do with avg playermetabattle everything to do with avg player

And metabattle reviews can be 3 years old and still count into the rating of the build. Metabattle is created by a gold player and is always slower than the actual meta.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@felix.2386 said:warrior is much much lower then Good tier, in many top player's eye

are you high, balance should be made based on top level plays.how are you supposed to balance anything based on different skill level of playershow are you able to balance around players who aren't capable of playing the class and is being handicapped.it is your LACK OF SKILL, not a problem of class.you make no sense.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:Yes warrior sucksNo it wont be buffedYes CMC doesnt want it buffedswitch to better class, enjoy getting kitten on by bad players or play different game.

I think it's the same reason Ele won't be buffed. CmC mained both ele and warrior in vanilla(I played with him in ranked) and understands those classes the best so their current power level is what he wants to put EVERYTHING at. Since he understands those classes so well, he figured out a way to make them his "vision". I agree with his vision, but he's going to take 5 years to bring the other remaining classes down to ele and warriors level at this rate.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:Yes warrior sucksNo it wont be buffedYes CMC doesnt want it buffedswitch to better class, enjoy getting kitten on by bad players or play different game.

I think it's the same reason Ele won't be buffed. CmC mained both ele and warrior in vanilla(I played with him in ranked) and understands those classes the best so their current power level is what he wants to put EVERYTHING at. Since he understands those classes so well, he figured out a way to make them his "vision". I agree with his vision, but he's going to take 5 years to bring the other remaining classes down to ele and warriors level at this rate.

I dont think hes able to balance anything, ever. not even close.And I dont have 50 years to wait and find out, he doesnt even try lol

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Yes warrior sucksNo it wont be buffedYes CMC doesnt want it buffedswitch to better class, enjoy getting kitten on by bad players or play different game.

I dont think hes able to balance anything, ever. not even close.And I dont have 50 years to wait and find out, he doesnt even try lol

I don't think it's on him at this point. Anet doesn't seem to allow him to release his changes outside of PvE patches anymore, be it living story, festivals, or a raid/fractal release. He isn't allowed to just put his changes in anymore.

At least it seems that way, look at the most recent release times of all his changes. While they're nice, they need to be weekly changes, not MONTHLY(or longer). It's actually absurd how slow it is now, and people are unhappy with SPvP to the point where people like Vallun have stopped playing it due to the balance.

When someone like Vallun, who will always find the game fun, and has played during the most boring retarded metas imaginable, is refusing to PvP, you know there's an issue.

The person in charge of GW2 doesn't understand what a PvP game needs(constant balance changes). League of legends, even though is a horrible game and just "changes the meta to shake things up(bad design and basically admitting you lack the intelligence to balance your own game)", set a standard for 2 weeks between balance patches that the entire industry should be following

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Yes warrior sucksNo it wont be buffedYes CMC doesnt want it buffedswitch to better class, enjoy getting kitten on by bad players or play different game.

I don't think it's on him at this point. Anet doesn't seem to allow him to release his changes outside of PvE patches anymore, be it living story, festivals, or a raid/fractal release. He isn't allowed to just put his changes in anymore.

At least it seems that way, look at the most recent release times of all his changes. While they're nice, they need to be weekly changes, not MONTHLY(or longer). It's actually absurd how slow it is now, and people are unhappy with SPvP to the point where people like Vallun have stopped playing it due to the balance.

When someone like Vallun, who will always find the game fun, and has played during the most boring kitten metas imaginable, is refusing to PvP, you know there's an issue.

The person in charge of GW2 doesn't understand what a PvP game needs(constant balance changes). League of legends, even though is a horrible game and just "changes the meta to shake things up(bad design and basically admitting you lack the intelligence to balance your own game)", set a standard for 2 weeks between balance patches that the entire industry should be following

oh I know, I have played every game type ever made extensively.PvP balance here is a sad joke, I have closer fights by doing pvp with friends in terraria while using bugged weapons then in gw2 lol

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

When someone like Vallun, who will always find the game fun, and has played during the most boring kitten metas imaginable, is refusing to PvP, you know there's an issue.

oh I know, I have played every game type ever made extensively.PvP balance here is a sad joke, I have closer fights by doing pvp with friends in terraria while using bugged weapons then in gw2 lol

Honestly, I think the person in charge of GW2 thinks giving PvPers "changes" when they also give PVErs stuff is "fair and content for everyone" in his/her eyes. It's very, very, very blatantly out of touch from what people actually want because the person very clearly does not play and thus doesn't understand PvP.

I have more fun in unranked than ranked 100% of the time because ranked is nothing but bunkers and decap builds, or holo/thief/power rev duo's making easy matches for themselves farming my team of silvers.

@felix.2386 said:balance should be made based on top level plays.

Why should you balance for less than 1% of the players and leaving only broken bones for the vast majority,when you could just make PvP better for said vast majority?The top less-than-1% will find something broken to exploit anyway.It's a no-brainer to see which one would make more people happier.

If balance isn't for the good for the majority, it's not balance, it's even further deterioration of the game mode.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@felix.2386 said:balance should be made based on top level plays.

Why should you balance for less than 1% of the players and leaving only broken bones for the vast majority,when you could just make PvP better for said vast majority?The top less-than-1% will find something broken to exploit
anyway.
It's a no-brainer to see which one would make more people happier.

If balance isn't for the good for the majority, it's not balance, it's even further deterioration of the game mode.

You balance towards the high end because as player get better and learn you start to see the massive glaring issues, and the internal workings in a class. Balancing towards the low average end, then you're balancing around the people that don't know how to dodge properly and even double dodge for no reason, the same type of person that'll eat the old core combo of bulls charge, frenzy and 100 Blades, and call it OP, and plays no other class except for their single main class holding some big class bias on how other classes should be balanced. That's the ugly truth why you shouldn't balance towards the low end, a better place to balance would be to balance towards the top 10%-1%.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

I bet CmC is working on the new expansion and barely has time to balance the current PvP balance.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:You balance towards the high end because as player get better and learn you start to see the massive glaring issues, and the internal workings in a class.You balance around the average because that's where the most players are. It's simple as that.

Also, hurry up and trash your misconception that players get better and learn.Most don't.Most blindly copy builds they find online, whether they are beyond their actual skill or not - and they most likely fail to use them properly.They won't even care about the internal working.The fact that many people even look for builds online is proof enough that people don't care about learning their chosen profession by experimenting themselves.

If you were to do the absurd and balance around the top end, even more builds requiring skill beyond the average pop up, people try them out - and fail - then leave pvp, because they can't find builds that suits them.

the low average endTry looking at some Gauß bells.The y-axis is the amount of players, while the x axis represents the player skill.Even hard-headed people should see that the average is around the middle and not at one end or the other.The low end is about as much of a low percentage as the top end and should be equally dismissed for balance.