Bring Back ESL

Patrick.2987

@Patrick.2987 said:Too many awesome players out there need to get the attention they deserve. Please give some money to all the players still wasting their time in this game. Some even quit school to get money here and live on welfare.

Too bad. Maybe you can try to get a job in Anets QA department.

ESL was a success only from a marketing cost standpoint, could not attract enough new players and sponsors and died around the time Colin Johanson left the company.

@wevh.2903 said:

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:Sorry unless it's tdm 2v2 3v3 5v5 or a better mode then circlequest. ESL will never happen.

Circlequest where speed is required more then skill killed ESL in the past.

Stuck on platinum 1 be like

Na I quit ranked after season 6 but with 2v2 and 3v3 I made top 100 each season of the 2 2v2 and 1 3v3 seasons :)

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:I would rather watch minecraft esl then gw2 esl, much more balanced

I'm gonna have to fight you on that. Competitive Minecraft is actually pretty hype. Unfair to even compare the two.sPvP would probably place just under or in the same tier as competitive Solitaire.

agreed, minecraft is so fun to watch compared to gw2 its not even a competition

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:Sorry unless it's tdm 2v2 3v3 5v5 or a better mode then circlequest. ESL will never happen.

Na I quit ranked after season 6 but with 2v2 and 3v3 I made top 100 each season of the 2 2v2 and 1 3v3 seasons :)

Whoa so skilled

@wevh.2903 said:

Whoa so skilled

To be real no one really wants to play Ranked conquest seriously, and those who do normally play in ATs. Ranked Conquest is a big meme, division isn't a determining factor of skill anymore and the game mode is filled with bots and the matchmaking giving you botched unequal matches, when you get past the bot filter. :Kekw:

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

Whoa so skilled

To be real no one really wants to play Ranked conquest seriously, and those who do normally play in ATs. Ranked Conquest is a big meme, division isn't a determining factor of skill anymore and the game mode is filled with bots and the matchmaking giving you botched unequal matches, when you get past the bot filter. :Kekw:

Wvw player

@wevh.2903 said:

Whoa so skilled

Wvw player

I mean you're not wrong, I played pretty much every facet of the game, and made it to the top 250 solo queue in the older seasons when there were still a lot of decent players around too. :+1: .

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

Whoa so skilled

Wvw player

I mean you're not wrong, I played pretty much every facet of the game, and made it to the top 250 solo queue in the older seasons when there were still a lot of decent players around too. :+1: .

And u didnt reach it again i suppose xdd

@wevh.2903 said:

Whoa so skilled

Wvw player

Well put it like this, I could've reached it again if I didn't quit Spvp conquest, because of top end's shenanigans of match manipulation and win trading, making me not want to participate anymore. You know the same shady gaming stuff they've been doing since the 1st Spvp season. but rest assured when i did participate I'd always reach platinum(1650) or if we go by the early seasons, Legendary, except for the very 1st season, i only reached ruby because I joined late.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

Whoa so skilled

Wvw player

Well put it like this, I could've reached it again if I didn't quit Spvp conquest, because of top end's shenanigans of match manipulation and win trading, making me not want to participate anymore. You know the same shady gaming stuff they've been doing since the 1st Spvp season. but rest assured when i did participate I'd always reach platinum(1650) or if we go by the early seasons, Legendary, except for the very 1st season, i only reached ruby because I joined late.

How u knoq thw state of pvp or why u comment if u dont play spvp? Xd also is stupid af to u to complain about wintraders cuz u r not affected as gold plat1 player , if u cant climb is not cuz WiNtraDERS ,

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

Whoa so skilled

Wvw player

So you only reached high rank when the game wasnt about skill but about grinding as many games as possible? Interesting

@wevh.2903 said:

Whoa so skilled

Wvw player

How u knoq thw state of pvp or why u comment if u dont play spvp? Xd also is stupid af to u to complain about wintraders cuz u r not affected as gold plat1 player , if u cant climb is not cuz WiNtraDERS ,

How do I know the state of pvp, I mean what are you expecting to change when you don't support a game mode for how long, and patches come out at a snail's pace? Also the fact there are people who are on my friends list who are pretty much PVE heroes getting into top slots? I and did briefly comeback for 2v2s and when they were gone, that's when i stopped playing again. :Kekw: I think you misunderstand, I didn't quit mid season, I quit after the season ended, then never played conquest again.Win trading and match manipulation, mainstream popped up along with the show stopping $400 dollar game mode meme. That alone made sure for me not to touch conquest again, not so much that I couldn't climb :lol: The only way to progress further above top 100 was playing with a duo queue partner, which i didn't so which you can guess.

@Tharan.9085While it's true the first 4 seasons were grinding seasons, I think there's some merit in reaching Legendary, solo queue, in a system that promoted premades vs pugs. Since I usually ran into PvP guilds like DOLO, and Mist Initiative, etc, and then the usual players you'd expect towards the top end. I participated until after S6 , was going to try for Ruthless Legend in S7 then all the shady ugliness started presenting itself, and that's where it stopped. so take that as you will. I used to always run into matches with players like moobs, naru, vallun, nos, whisperingz, kratos, PaulXD, Rarnark, and more in ranked.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

Whoa so skilled

Wvw player

How do I know the state of pvp, I mean what are you expecting to change when you don't support a game mode for how long, and patches come out at a snail's pace? Also the fact there are people who are on my friends list who are pretty much PVE heroes getting into top slots? I and did briefly comeback for 2v2s and when they were gone, that's when i stopped playing again. :Kekw: I think you misunderstand, I didn't quit mid season, I quit after the season ended, then never played conquest again.Win trading and match manipulation, mainstream popped up along with the show stopping $400 dollar game mode meme. That alone made sure for me not to touch conquest again, not so much that I couldn't climb :lol: The only way to progress further above top 100 was playing with a duo queue partner, which i didn't so which you can guess.

@Tharan.9085While it's true the first 4 seasons were grinding seasons, I think there's some merit in reaching Legendary, solo queue, in a system that promoted premades vs pugs. Since I usually ran into PvP guilds like DOLO, and Mist Initiative, etc, and then the usual players you'd expect towards the top end. I participated until after S6 , was going to try for Ruthless Legend in S7 then all the shady ugliness started presenting itself, and that's where it stopped. so take that as you will. I used to always run into matches with players like moobs, naru, vallun, nos, whisperingz, kratos, PaulXD, Rarnark, and more in ranked.

Thats not true , u could reach over top10p but the problem is u have to be actually a top player , ofc duoqing is sometimes a advantague but there shouldnt be any problem finding friends on a social based game .

Again wintraders shouldnt be a problem to someone who is not a top player aiming for top1 ,the fact u left pvp cuz there r lot of wintraders sounds like a bad excusr for i get frustraded cuz cant climb over top .

If u left the game mode cuz u find it boring or u dont like it i totally respect it but dont say stupid stuff like hehe wintraders made my rating go down ;( cuz thats totally false

There is support to pvp , meta had change a lot and build variety too , the problem is they dont do fast fixes to totally stupid thinfs like bugs

ESL promotes teams and teamwork. This is a game which rewards playing alone with some randoms. ESL removed this game in 2016, just before the vote for enforcing SoloQ/DuoQ happened. People voted for playing alone and we must respect their choice, therefore this game will never be a part of teamwork in ESL or eSports communities. However, for some reason, new players here like to keep on dreaming and not read it's history. :smiley: