Where is Cantha on a map?

Brycar.2651

@"Linken.6345" said:Here you go.

1200px-Tyria_world_fan_map.jpg

EditWe are currently in Kryta and Cantha is way to the south if you dont want to click the link.

It's crazy to think about how little we've seen of the planet. Even Cantha in this map is about the size of the explored playable area. Of course the geography has changed a bit since then but still. I wonder if they will find a way to make the maps larger in the next expansion?

• Like 3

@coso.9173 said:oh so the jade sea is inside the continent?

I‘d even say it is part of the continent, similiar to Antarctica, but instead of ice we have jade.I wonder how deep the jadefication is, if it reaches the tectonic plates of Tyria or not. If it doesn‘t, I‘d say the frozen Jade Sea would be more similiar to an ice shelf (and therefore not part of the continent). We could name the frozen part the Jade Shelf, while, the thawed part remains the Jade Sea.

@Raknar.4735 said:

@"coso.9173" said:oh so the jade sea is inside the continent?

I‘d even say it is part of the continent, similiar to Antarctica, but instead of ice we have jade.I wonder how deep the jadefication is, if it reaches the tectonic plates of Tyria or not. If it doesn‘t, I‘d say the frozen Jade Sea would be more similiar to an ice shelf (and therefore not part of the continent). We could name the frozen part the Jade Shelf, while, the thawed part remains the Jade Sea.

the jade sea is basically a big ass frozen lake on the landmass. something like the caspian sea...its not an ocean surrounding cantha, its on cantha.check the link thehipone.6812 posted.

I wonder if we will get a little boat on the map to travel there like in GW1. That would be a nice touch ^_^ Also Anet can add so many new areas on that map, and even if they wanted to make the map scroll to where ever they want to add new content, they can go beyond of what we can see right now, pretty endless :D

@Tony.8659 said:I wonder if we will get a little boat on the map to travel there like in GW1. That would be a nice touch ^_^ Also Anet can add so many new areas on that map, and even if they wanted to make the map scroll to where ever they want to add new content, they can go beyond of what we can see right now, pretty endless :D

Well we do have a boat in Amnoon to travel to Istan so its not like they havent done it before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 9/9/2020 at 3:43 PM, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Additionally, I will add this map. It's fan made, but it is likely, we will get a in game map like this, when the expansion releases, which imo is much more immersive than in GW1:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/a/a2/Tyria_world_fan_map_%28freestyle%29.jpg

This huge ocean between Elona and Cantha makes me think it would be cool if there were  100% underwater map areas in there. They would be kind of a pathway to cantha.

The expansion logo suggests it is very water-oriented - maybe the sea journey to cantha will be a major part of the introduction to the story?

• Like 4

On 6/17/2021 at 2:20 AM, Mik.3401 said:

This huge ocean between Elona and Cantha makes me think it would be cool if there were  100% underwater map areas in there. They would be kind of a pathway to cantha.

The expansion logo suggests it is very water-oriented - maybe the sea journey to cantha will be a major part of the introduction to the story?

It could also have shielded underwater biomes, like Jar Jar Binks people underwater City in Starwars episode one (Phantom Menace). I think with true underwater biomes the movement/combat would really benefit from controller support (like many steam pc games have). Underwater Cave systems would also be a favorite of mine 🙂

Edited by particlepinata.9865
  • Like 1

Looking at those maps just makes me think I'm more excited for what comes after Cantha. At that point they'll have pretty much covered all the areas we visited in GW1 (aside from relatively small areas, like the rest of Istan or patches of the Tarnished Coast) so after that they'll have to focus on somewhere new, somewhere we've never been before and know nothing about. I'm very curious about what's out there in all that 'unexplored' land, and whether it's unexplored by the people of Tyria in-universe or if they do know about it and it's just never mentioned in the story because it's not been relevant to what we're doing.

• Like 4

I personally don’t feel that there will be any underwater oriented maps. That isn’t to say that there wouldn’t be underwater content but just that it would be minimal like what we’ve seen in post core Tyria maps. I don’t recall many water areas in GW’s Cantha other than the Jade Sea and we don’t know whether it has reverted back to normal.

36 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Don't forget we have to fight our way through an army of undead pirates in order to land on Cantha, I foresee  a chain of story events at sea before landing.

Dont worry we will just take the airship there like how we got to elona.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2