Experience bar visual bug

The yellow experience bar doesn't reset properly after reaching the threshold and granting spirit shard.

It will just show a full yellow bar instead of resetting.

Note that this is only visual bug as if you hover your mouse on the bar, it will still show the right amount of experience you accumulate after receiving the spirit shard.

Going to a different map or switching character seems to fix the visual bug and show the proper fill of the experience bar.

This doesn't always happen however, so I'm not sure what triggers the visual bug.

• 3 months later...

@Sentinel VX.1392 said:

@Galmac.4680 said:I think you have enough XP for activating a mastery!? And you are in HoT/PoF/Living Story-maps?Or is that even on core maps?

That is if there is a mastery to be unlocked.

I was talking about getting the spirit shard instead of mastery which happens after you unlock all the mastery.

Yea and if you have a maxed mastery bar and need to train a mastery, it wont reset instead go on in the background.

I have experienced this but, if you stay on a map long enough it will click over. This can happen with leveling toons as well as at 80 with Spirit Shard xp.

I have witnessed this specifically while leveling by using the Skyscale Rifts (Core Tyria and PoF maps) to get a bunch of XP quickly but having it stall the XP bar. On a few occasions I was able to get it to go 2 levels without resetting however, in my experience if you hang out on a map for several minutes it will catch up again.