What unnecessary mechanics would you include in the game?

Mechanical knowledge check before venturing outside central tyria. You don't get it play any content before you know how all of it works.How to: CC, every single stat works, stat combos and what's best for your build, positioning for mob/boss mechanics, attack range, boon spread range, stacking cons and pros, blocking and evading, self-sustain, event scaling, LFG usage.Really basic knowledge.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like a good posing/screenshot system. Pose your character in certain ways and then get pictures. For extra fun and usability they could allow us to buy "scenes" of various places, with appropriate currency (not gems), so we can pose our characters in peace, without actually being in the place. Further options could be lights, post process effects and as a more "Extreme" idea, the ability to spawn actual mobs (including bosses) and pose them as well. The possibilities are endless and can be both monetized (sell some of the things for gems) AND provide extra replayability for content to get all the new things (if not using gem store)

New hairstyles, new faces, new character options (like horns for Charr), although I expect to have lots of new hair/faces, at least for humans, with the next expansion, but other races need some love too.

A possibility to punch or kick other players and NPCs — without any reason. 0 damage, but CC. Only out of combat. I can imagine a whole squad kicking that one AFKing player in raid/strike instance.

An ability for our Skyscales so they can CLIMB.

Logging straight into your squad's instance. I hate swapping my characters and going through 3 loading screens. Maybe a Gemstore item? I would buy it.

Mark yourself like you're ready to help someone. I know there's LFG tool, but sometimes I'm just bored so I join an empty squad/party called "X bounty/champ/event need help". I would be happy if people could find me.

Custom outfits! I saw it in Dragon's Prophet. You just turn items into SKINS and you can store them in your wardrobe like actual outfits. Of course you would need Transmutation Charges to make outfits.

first thing: definitely housing. in all the 5 years i played this game i never found out where my asura sleeps. the commander is homeless, let's face the truth.

an option that makes cats shut up.

ability to create a character without mastery access and achievements reset (= fresh start).

possibility to complete maps as pacifist (you can lvl up quite well and explore but those hero points won't unlock without fighting).

a personal story. not the thing called personal story but a story where you can actually decide things. thing that don't matter for the rest of the world. just for yourself.

an explanation why sylvari have tits when they aren't mammals.

I would like Mini's to do something too, but I guess that would be a balancing nightmare. In Everquest they give small Buffs, that would be something. Maybe they could divide all the Mini's in like 15 groups, and then the mini's in the same group would all give the same Buff.

For instance all Feline mini's would give +30 power or something, Drakes and other riverdwellers would give +30 Healing. This way people would switch mini's according to the situation/class.

Then again, since the extra Buff would soon considered to be a "Must have that extra Power going", people would feel obliged to have a Feline Mini out, instead of their cute little panda. So never mind.

I mean, other MMO's would dare do such an evil thing, but not Anet, nope.

Housing!!!!!

• Extended area in the home instance for players to have a customisable wall unit, that you can rearrange wall-paper/roof/light/door/furniture/etc...

Home instance character display:

• Have a character display area in the home instance. Player can choose up to 5 characters to display, and a 6th to rotate out if 1 of the 5 are in used.
  • May be have them walking around the instance to do random funny things like joining the cat fight, watering the garden, or cooking a decious meal by the kitchen, sweep the fallen leaves, play fetch with the dog, doing circus trick, etc....

AFK fishing in the home instance:

• Extended area in the home instance, be it pond or river, that you can afk fishing on it for mats. Can have a maximum period of time that you can fish from the pond weekly (daily would be a bit much and players will get burnt out for having too many dailies to juggle thru each day), perhaps a weekly progress bar to help with tracking (just like the wvw weekly pip system).

A better friends system:

• Make invisible mode truely invisible (if you know, you know).
  • Not just send, but be able to receive message during invisible mode, if the invisble sender sent the message 1st
  • Global message to friends.

A better mail system:

• Add outbox mail so I can check if I've sent to the correct person. Useful if the guild has a secret santa event so I can show a screenshot as a proof of sending.

Setting:

• Display players model/mount as stick figure/wisp to improve the FPS situation for players who experiences it.
  • Add a permenant tickbox for the option of displaying a catagory of daily always. Currently if you have a non-daily achivement bookmarked, the daily won't be listed on the screen unless you go to the hero panel to bookmark it, it'd be cool if you can permenantly bookmark the daily.

Gem store wish list may be????

Thought of another one, but I'm unsure how many of these actually belong in the QOL request thread. Anyway, allow us to equip and use our gliders at ground level. What do I mean by this? Basically treat it as a movement animation pack similar to what Aion has. If I'm using the Forged Glider or Legion Jetpack for example, just let me use it to hover around at ground level. Even if it isn't faster than running it would look cool in my opinion. If someone wants to get around at ground level by pretending they're a Macy's parade float with the Infinirarium glider, let them do it. If some wants to drift around like a bad kite using the default glider, let them do it to.

@Jagblade.4627 said:Thought of another one, but I'm unsure how many of these actually belong in the QOL request thread. Anyway, allow us to equip and use our gliders at ground level. What do I mean by this? Basically treat it as a movement animation pack similar to what Aion has. If I'm using the Forged Glider or Legion Jetpack for example, just let me use it to hover around at ground level. Even if it isn't faster than running it would look cool in my opinion. If someone wants to get around at ground level by pretending they're a Macy's parade float with the Infinirarium glider, let them do it. If some wants to drift around like a bad kite using the default glider, let them do it to.Personally, I wouldn't want to see this. /shrug

@Hesione.9412 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:If ranger feeds regulary ascended food to the pet, the pet grows up and stops being a juvenile.

Ugh. Then we'd have to deal with teen-agers!

That's okay, because if it dies we should be able to skin it. Maybe in competitive modes only.

Would that I could skin my own teen-ager. Some days..... (sigh)

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Jagblade.4627 said:Thought of another one, but I'm unsure how many of these actually belong in the QOL request thread. Anyway, allow us to equip and use our gliders at ground level. What do I mean by this? Basically treat it as a movement animation pack similar to what Aion has. If I'm using the Forged Glider or Legion Jetpack for example, just let me use it to hover around at ground level. Even if it isn't faster than running it would look cool in my opinion. If someone wants to get around at ground level by pretending they're a Macy's parade float with the Infinirarium glider, let them do it. If some wants to drift around like a bad kite using the default glider, let them do it to.Personally, I wouldn't want to see this. /shrug

May I ask why?

@Jagblade.4627 said:

May I ask why?

Scores of players looking like Macy's parade floats doesn't interest me. But, that's just one player's opinion. /shrug

another pointless idea (because we have waypoints and mounts): public transportation. classic mmorpg feels. i enjoyed boat rides in ff11 and the airship rides in ragnarok online.

we can have an underground subway in kaineng city if it's big enough in gw2's representation ( since kaineng is supposed to cover nearly 1/3 of cantha https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Cantha_unexplored_map.jpg ).

Not necessarily a mechanic but more a UI feature I guess. Absolutely unnecessary and pie-in-the-sky, but I would LOVE if we could chose the order our characters appear on the character select screen, and increase how many are shown at a time. Include how it is now (by play order, a single row of 7 you can scroll through) as an option, but being able to see more than 7 characters at a time by having more rows would make me so happy. Also the ability to put them and "lock" them in a certain order; I would personally love to always have my main character first, then all my crafting toons always together, then WvW toons, etc. Instead of shuffling back and forth and back and forth between 40+ characters to find the one I want, I would know exactly the order they'd be in.

It's such a niche problem, and I've managed 5+ years without this and I'm sure I'll SOMEHOW continue to manage without it, but it would be handy. For me at least. ;)