Can't get into other MMOs after GW2

GW2 made me leave the MMO-type games completely. It's all about stretching the play time as long as possible by grind and balancing everything to the min-maxing players. So I have to copy the min-max play style to get an acceptable combat experience instead of my own play style. Playing with others is cool, but the contents in MMOs is totally repetitive in the long run. Content is stretched by grind and time-gated mechanics, so you need to waste time if you want to experience everything the game has built in with things you don't really like to do. In addition you are pestered by advertisements and asked to throw money to shop or micro-transactions.

It's all different with single player games. No grind, adjustable difficulty level, new interesting different content with every new game I buy. After GW2, the only type of game I bought were single player games, and I intend to keep it this way. They are more fun, their stories have more depth, and the only thing they lack is playing stuff together with other people instead of NPCs. On the other hand, NPCs don't cheat me, don't grief me, don't leave mid-mission, and I don't have to wait for hours for them to show up.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for my main mmorpgs, i went from:ragnarok online (2005, but i still login here and there) ⇒ final fantasy 14 (2014, hw 2015) ⇒ guildwars 2 (late 2016) ⇒ FF14: Stormblood (2017) + gw2: PoF (latter part 2017 then whole of 2018) ⇒ sw: the old republic (2019) ⇒ guildwars 2 (2020) ... each one of these replaced the former except during 2017 when i juggled 14 and gw2 lol. tried lots of MMORPGs/RPGs in between these games (to list a few: Guild Wars 1, Diablo 3, ROSE, Rift, Dragon's Prophet, Icarus Online, BDO, Archeage, Skyforge, Destiny 2) but none of them were able to replace the mmos i listed above. still, guild wars 2 is the only mmorpg i kept coming back to... since i discovered it, there's just something about the game i can't explain but really draws me in and makes me want to come back if i ever leave it. it's not the horizontal progression and definitely not the fashion (im not really a fan of the shiny-glow meta) so im not sure but i am definitely hooked into gw2 one way or another. the only other non-mmorpg games i play on the side is Path of Exile and Starbound

@Mortifera.6138 said:Anyone else finding it difficult to get into other MMOs after playing Guild Wars 2? I tried to get into ESO, but I like being able to get into PvP right away. Moreover, the lack of grind in GW2 makes me appreciate it over any other MMORPG. I just can't play any other MMO now.

I gotta say, the colossal amount of quality of life in GW2 makes every other MMO feel like a pain in the ass lol.