Can you add PvP aspects in the open world in the new expansion ?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PVP modes exist, WvW exists. Lets be real, usually these "Insert PVP into PVE" requests boil down to wanting to grief weaker or unprepared players.

Ive played FFA Servers in other games. Usually one vs one you avoided each other and jumped anyone who was outnumbered. Anything else you did in huge zergs. So basically WvW.

Also its not gonna happen. Imagine siccing pkers or even anything remotely like that (deul me u caoward) on the casual gem buying audience of gw2 lmao

@Edge.8724 said:

@Edge.8724 said:Finally we could get something more toxic than SPvP!

Hah! I'm sure all PvE people have been just waiting for that to happen. You wouldn't believe the "excitement" announcement like that would create.

@"Tom Hsiao.9705" said:Why are you people getting soooo heated over something that's not even gonna happen anyways I don't get it lol!!???! This post is already 4 pages long and NO admin bother to answer anything because it's clearly NOT gonna happen ok! Some people on this forum needs to take chill pills seriously lol. The negativity is crazzzyyyy

Also what's up with against changes anyways? I never seen any crowds that's so against any changes or updates it's like you guys don't need new content and you want to just play the same thing over and over and you're satisfied lol! In that case I think offline games are best for you all because you can be certain there won't be any updates or changes to destroy your fantastic game experience. Sorry if I'm too direct but the amount of people attacking OP is just ridiculous! If this is not cyber bully I don't know what is.

"Don’t just argue for the sake of arguing, I don’t have time for trolls!" Take that as you will.

To be completely honest though, here's my serious opinion;

I wouldn't really mind but at the same time I won't really like if anybody, anytime can just randomly fight me. A bit like invasions works in dark souls, someone just decides to kill you. But the counter to it is to put your game in offline. In GW2, I can't do that. If there are "teams" or specific places, I can't be bothered as long as I can chose to stay neutral and enjoy my coop pve experience.

I play sometimes in sPvP, but fighting online against another human beeign is raising my stress level beyond the sky for some reason.

Wheither it gets added, I will be happy for those that wants it, but for me, I would be happy if it's not forced to me in everywhere in open world.

Are you talking about a new region where everyone is free for all? I don't think I would go there, but for everyone that wants it, go for it.

You to a new player: Everything the light touches is our kingdom.

New player: What about that dark shadowy place?

You: You must never go there. ?

Being able to flag up would be great. Honestly, the open world maps are fantastic and PvPing on them just would be an entirely different experience to WvWvW and sPvP.

Maybe with the new expansion (presumably) being in Cantha, we would have the Kurzik and Luxon guilds move into Tyria - people could flag up as either as Kur or a Lux and go ham on the other team while flagged up and in the open world.

It wouldn't effect anyone else. I don't think there should be penalties for killing or dying - GW2 isn't really that experience.

Though, maybe there could be a reward track - where making a kill on the opposing faction gives you points towards a reward track.

@"Aplethoraof.2643" said:Being able to flag up would be great. Honestly, the open world maps are fantastic and PvPing on them just would be an entirely different experience to WvWvW and sPvP.

Maybe with the new expansion (presumably) being in Cantha, we would have the Kurzik and Luxon guilds move into Tyria - people could flag up as either as Kur or a Lux and go ham on the other team while flagged up and in the open world.

It wouldn't effect anyone else. I don't think there should be penalties for killing or dying - GW2 isn't really that experience.

Though, maybe there could be a reward track - where making a kill on the opposing faction gives you points towards a reward track.

except that there are no more kurzicks and luxons left to fight each other. they've all since been defeated and united under one empire

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Movement_of_the_World#Cantha

@nichoo.9246 said:I don't want to be that guy but to be fair, i don't quite understand why this topic has been brought upon so frequently when all those times people left very clear that they don't want it. As someone who's played WoW in the times of TBC, WoTLK and Cataclysm, I experienced that Open World PvP (OWPvP) at first hand and I don't want it back. The lack of OWPvP in GW2 is one of many things that motivated me to play this game and I don't miss it... If Anet decides someday to implement it, that will be the day I'll leave the game completely and I'm sure (as far as i've read here in the forums and Reddit) many people will agree with me on that. Nonetheless, I'm quite neutral in adding duelings since this is way more optional.

It'll sound as a clichè commentary, but I'd rather have those resources invested in the already existing PvP modes (SPvP and WvW) since they really need them. I don't think would be a wise decision to neglect those existing modes to favor the creation of a new (and quite similar) one.

I played WoW in vanilla and started on a PVP server as that was where my partner was. I quickly went to another server (this was back when there was no server linking). It was horrible. Even though low-level players gave no rewards, higher-levels would gank them anyway for fun. And then corpse camp, which in this game could be WP camping. And then gank them again. And then gank them again. Until you gave up and rezzed at the spirit healer with an incredible nerf to your equipment and skills.

On the PvE servers people would do stuff like flag up and purposely fish right on top of you so you might accidentally hit them instead of hitting the cog for getting the fish, which would automatically flag you up. They would also do stuff like flag up and then stand right where you were killing mobs. Again, accidentally hit them and you're flagged up too.

I purposely avoid PVP games as I don't want to play them. If I wanted a PVP game, I'd play something like Aion instead.