Speculations on End of Dragons

angelica.7406

Hi everyone, I've been playing GW2 for a long time and it's my first time creating a forum thread. I am Mexican, I would like to be a series of questions, and excuse me if my English is not very good.

I'll make a list of questions to make it fun, entertaining, and so let's see how much they think and how excited they are.The purpose of this is only to speculate about what is coming, get opinions, discuss about the new expansion and in this way they can let themselves be fantasized.

We start with the questions ...

1- What do you expect from EoD, in general?2- What date do you think EoD will be launched? and why do you think that?3- What kind of content or PvP or MvM system do you think they will add or what you would like to see?4- Do you think there are water fights? (It depends if your answer is yes or no comment why you think that)5- Will there be new kinds of mounts?6- Will there be new functions of the mounts that already exist? (example: what they added to dive with the stingray, but in this case with the others)7- Will there be new specializations? (answer because you believe that)8- What kind of specializations would you like to see?9- Will there be clan halls?10- Will there be new improvements for the room? (It depends on your answer, comment why and if positive, comment which ones)11- New crafts? (It depends on your answer, comment why and if positive, comment which ones)12- Do you think they add or improve the crafts we have? (comment why)13- What kind of armor sets would you like or think you can see? (be it for crafts, karma, even new cultures or etc.)14- Will there be new raids, fractals, attack missions or dungeons?15- What kind of events would you like to see? (example Tequatl, the Shatter, similar to that)16- How do you think the story will turn?17- What would you expect from Cantha?18- If we go to Cantha, do you think we will pass or see the War Islands? or are they mentioned?19- Who do you think was the voice of the trailer with whom Kuunavang spoke?20- What role do you suppose Kuunavang plays in the story?21- What places would you like to visit or see again in Cantha? and because?22- Do you think we will see the Jade Sea and the Ecvoland Forest in their natural state? (before the Jade Wind)23- Will there be new races and species? (I do NOT mean playable races, I mean new races or species such as the Longs or quaggans)24- If your answer to the previous question is YES, what kind of race or species would you like to see? (be creative)25- What do you think happened to the Nagas, Yetis, Guardians and other species that inhabited Cantha?24- What new function or new thing do you think it would be possible to add that is not in GW2? (example: mounts as in PoF, or gliders in HoT)25- Do you think that in EoD we will fight with the Sea Dragon or what kind of threat we could face?26- Will we see a Lunar New Year in Cantha or do you think it will not happen? (comment why)27- Do you think there are new main characters? (apart from Braham, Kasmeer and the others)28- If your previous answer was yes, what kind of character or main would you like to see?29- Will we see the Tengu and their city?30- Finally write something that has not been asked and would like to mention

I'm pretty wore out from speculation and letting my mind wander. We might have some hint of the environment with next week's fractal. As to the rest it's too early to really tell anything.

I don't think there will be new mounts though, especially now that the skimmer is underwater. I was holding out hope they would release the spider mount to crawl up walls at some point, but we already have that with springer and skyscale so there isn't much need.

As far as crafts go I could see them upgrading jeweling but I don't know what they would add to it unless they added somekind of ability augmenting mechanic or something that justified the skill upgrade. Maybe infusions? Unlikely as those seem to be the cherry on top for living world and other content releases with dismal rng.

I do think we will see Tengu and am not counting them out as a potential playable race despite what everyone else says.

As far as what I expect from Cantha, I'm hoping we get all of the GW1 zones at release, including Echovald, and then get a few living world maps south where we haven't been before and maybe even the islands to the west at some point. I know we had a lot of human lore with Elona but this feels like the perfect opportunity to explore more in-depth the origins of humanity's arrival on Tyria.

@"angelica.7406" said:1- What do you expect from EoD, in general?The Elder Dragon plot getting finalized, or put into the very, very last state. Jormag and Primordus likely will get settled in Icebrood Saga, while DSD will somehow get involved with End of Dragons. Though I imagine the ultimate plot will not be a fight against the DSD, but against the mysterious voice. I think this voice will become the "Anti-Aurene" so to speak, where it and Aurene are both capable of becoming Elder Dragons over multiple domains, but the voice isn't wanting full on peace and prosperity for mortals, but not for malicious reasons.

[still would have preferred the theory I had before but I'm adaptable.]

2- What date do you think EoD will be launched? and why do you think that?Either late September or late November 2021 - depending on if the Icebrood Saga has an epilogue release before End of Dragons.

3- What kind of content or PvP or MvM system do you think they will add or what you would like to see?I don't expect any PvP or WvW additions. If EoD is like PoF, then we'll primarily just get new zones, metas, story, and a new mechanic. No additions to end-game PvE, PvP, or WvW.

Until we get hints otherwise, I'm going to assume a similar focus as PoF.

4- Do you think there are water fights? (It depends if your answer is yes or no comment why you think that)This depends on the nature of the teaser. If the teaser was intentionally showing Cantha in its GW1 Factions state, then yes. I'm of the belief that the teaser is hinting at the progression of the End of Dragon expansion - we'll land in Shing Jea for x reason, then we'll visit Raisu Palace as envoys of Tyria, and move south through Kaineng City into the Jade Sea to meet Kuunavang. I expect this to cover the first 2/3rd of the expansion.

If the teaser is not showing modern Cantha, but GW1 Cantha then there's still good hope of the Jade Sea being a proper sea as it should be, with large chunks of solid jade floating here and there (and forming caves underwater). This will result in 1 or 2 maps that is a mixture of underwater and land combat.

5- Will there be new kinds of mounts?No, that was PoF's gimmick, and with the skimmer going underwater, the only reasonable remaining niche for mounts is a speed swimmer.

6- Will there be new functions of the mounts that already exist? (example: what they added to dive with the stingray, but in this case with the others)Probably not. ANet would need to package PoF into End of Dragons to do this, and I'm not sure they will.

7- Will there be new specializations? (answer because you believe that)Definitely.

8- What kind of specializations would you like to see?Still waiting on thief with off-hand sword.

9- Will there be clan halls?What's a "clan"? :tongue: I assume you mean guild halls - yes, there will be at least one. Elite specializations, guild hall, and a new kind of mastery system are the only consistency between both HoT and PoF.

10- Will there be new improvements for the room? (It depends on your answer, comment why and if positive, comment which ones)The Room (2003) can never be improved.

Not sure what you really mean.

11- New crafts? (It depends on your answer, comment why and if positive, comment which ones)12- Do you think they add or improve the crafts we have? (comment why)At most, 500 Jeweler/Scribe - and they won't be restricted to EoD. Aside from new recipes, of course.

There's just nothing else to really expand upon for crafting.

13- What kind of armor sets would you like or think you can see? (be it for crafts, karma, even new cultures or etc.)We won't get new cultural armor, unless we get tengu as a playable race which isn't likely.

14- Will there be new raids, fractals, attack missions or dungeons?No expansion ever released with a new raid, fractal, strike, or dungeon. They all came in subsequent releases.

15- What kind of events would you like to see? (example Tequatl, the Shatter, similar to that)At least one proper dragon fight for DSD minion - not a wyvern, not some powerful non-dragon dragon champion like PoF had, a proper dragon like Tequatl, etc.

Would also like one for Primordus... but that's more IBS.

16- How do you think the story will turn?Said above.

17- What would you expect from Cantha???? Repeat question???

18- If we go to Cantha, do you think we will pass or see the War Islands? or are they mentioned?The Battle Isles are meant to be sunk, so I doubt it.

19- Who do you think was the voice of the trailer with whom Kuunavang spoke?"A mysterious new character", but a dragon. Per above.

20- What role do you suppose Kuunavang plays in the story?Similar role to Factions, or as Glint in PoF/S4 - a guide who is present and helps with the threat, but plays no massive role.

21- What places would you like to visit or see again in Cantha? and because?Honestly, I want to revisit Tahnnakai Temple and Urgoz's Warren.

22- Do you think we will see the Jade Sea and the Ecvoland Forest in their natural state? (before the Jade Wind)Kinda for Jade Sea; see above. Don't expect Echovald in expansion.

23- Will there be new races and species? (I do NOT mean playable races, I mean new races or species such as the Longs or quaggans)Probably, even in PoF when going to familiar lands and human-centric lands, Anet added a new species (choya).

24- If your answer to the previous question is YES, what kind of race or species would you like to see? (be creative)Dunno.

25- What do you think happened to the Nagas, Yetis, Guardians and other species that inhabited Cantha?I assume by Guardians you mean Wardens? To them, probably nothing - assuming that Urgoz's death didn't cause them to be wiped out or something. If we're lucky, then Urgoz's death ended the mental madness plaguing them and they became noble defenders of the Echovald. We likely won't learn of this though.

I adhere that the non-humans were only relocated, and not exterminated, due to the tengu and Sea of Sorrows novel, so I imagine they'll be in the most wild areas or on the edges of the Canthan empire.

24- What new function or new thing do you think it would be possible to add that is not in GW2? (example: mounts as in PoF, or gliders in HoT)This depends on if ANet will make themselves reinvent the wheel again - by which I mean whether or not they package PoF into the new expansion. If they don't package PoF, then whatever mastery it is, it will basically do the same stuff as some of the mounts but also slightly different, just as gliding and griffon/skyscale are very similar to each other but also notably different, and some of S3's masteries are similar but notably different - e.g., Nuhoch Wallows and Jackal sand portals and Raven gates.

If ANet does package poF into it, then I could imagine the masteries focused on expanding HoT and PoF masteries - new mount abilities, new gliding abilities, new mushroom abilities, etc. There's not a lot of room for things that the mount system can't accomplish, after all, so redundancy would only matter if owning EoD doesn't unlock PoF.

25- Do you think that in EoD we will fight with the Sea Dragon or what kind of threat we could face?Yes. See above.

26- Will we see a Lunar New Year in Cantha or do you think it will not happen? (comment why)Given that despite Halloween happening in Elona, we didn't get the festival extended to Elonian maps, I would say no.

27- Do you think there are new main characters? (apart from Braham, Kasmeer and the others)We will have a few token new Canthans, just like Zaiem, Kossan, Kito, and Zafirah.

28- If your previous answer was yes, what kind of character or main would you like to see?There will be a Luxon. There will maybe be a Kurzick. And we will see some Am Fah or Jade Brotherhood remnants - or Ministry of Purity remnants, depending on if they maintain Cantha having a totalitarian oppressive regime 200 years later.

29- Will we see the Tengu and their city?Only if they're playable.

30- Finally write something that has not been asked and would like to mentionNo. >:(

@angelica.7406 said:1- What do you expect from EoD, in general?An addition to the storyelite specializationsKuunavang2- What date do you think EoD will be launched? and why do you think that?Decembre 2021 (because companie slike the release things for winter breaks) or early 2022 (because they need that time to make it decent.3- What kind of content or PvP or MvM system do you think they will add or what you would like to see?I'd like to see raid easy modes.4- Do you think there are water fights? (It depends if your answer is yes or no comment why you think that)I don't doubt there will be some water content, but probably not much.5- Will there be new kinds of mounts?I don't think so. Apart from a perma-stealth mount, we already have everything.6- Will there be new functions of the mounts that already exist? (example: what they added to dive with the stingray, but in this case with the others)I hope not. It#d be weird for EoD Masteries to use PoF mastery points.7- Will there be new specializations? (answer because you believe that)As long as Arenanet wants to ship as many copies as possible, there will be new elite specializations. It's a selling point, if not even the biggest one.8- What kind of specializations would you like to see?ones that don't add more powercreep9- Will there be clan halls?We might see one new guild hall. But I doubt they'll introduce clans to the game.10- Will there be new improvements for the room? (It depends on your answer, comment why and if positive, comment which ones)The Room?! Oh, hi Mark!11- New crafts? (It depends on your answer, comment why and if positive, comment which ones)12- Do you think they add or improve the crafts we have? (comment why)There'll possibly new stat combinations to craft.13- What kind of armor sets would you like or think you can see? (be it for crafts, karma, even new cultures or etc.)Kurzick Monk EliteAssassin Cantha Elite (and normal without the stockings)14- Will there be new raids, fractals, attack missions or dungeons?possibly, most likely not, possibly and no15- What kind of events would you like to see? (example Tequatl, the Shatter, similar to that)Just the usual, but no hours-long metas.16- How do you think the story will turn?It'll be decent, not bad but not great either.17- What would you expect from Cantha?18- If we go to Cantha, do you think we will pass or see the War Islands? or are they mentioned?I think we either go by pact airship or through Mists portals19- Who do you think was the voice of the trailer with whom Kuunavang spoke?either Aurene, Selbbub or a currently unknown entity20- What role do you suppose Kuunavang plays in the story?She'll probably be a dragon champion.21- What places would you like to visit or see again in Cantha? and because?Shing Jea, because I like the scenery.22- Do you think we will see the Jade Sea and the Ecvoland Forest in their natural state? (before the Jade Wind)They have begun reverting 250 years ago, so some parts might look natural again.23- Will there be new races and species? (I do NOT mean playable races, I mean new races or species such as the Longs or quaggans)There certainly will be races new to GW2, which already were in GW1, like Oni or Naga.24- If your answer to the previous question is YES, what kind of race or species would you like to see? (be creative)Oni and Naga, possibly even another new small ugly race like Quaggan or the sentient cactus mistakes in PoF25- What do you think happened to the Nagas, Yetis, Guardians and other species that inhabited Cantha?Oni and Naga could be interesting. Yetis just seem like another giant race.24- What new function or new thing do you think it would be possible to add that is not in GW2? (example: mounts as in PoF, or gliders in HoT)no idea, probably something locally contained, like the essences25- Do you think that in EoD we will fight with the Sea Dragon or what kind of threat we could face?I think we'll fight Selbbub at the end.26- Will we see a Lunar New Year in Cantha or do you think it will not happen? (comment why)It's possible, but they might just choose an already existing city, since the decoration is already set.27- Do you think there are new main characters? (apart from Braham, Kasmeer and the others)I would be surprised if we don't get one or two new companions.28- If your previous answer was yes, what kind of character or main would you like to see?Lord Faren's Canthan equivalent, but actually useful.29- Will we see the Tengu and their city?I don't think so.

1- What do you expect from EoD, in general?Big expansion... im not going to get into story predictions etc due to not wanting to write long responses.But I expect EoD to be the biggest expansion Gw2 has had so far, more maps and more story content than HoT and PoF.

2- What date do you think EoD will be launched? and why do you think that?At least a full year from now.. probably late September-November the earliest.Ice Brood Saga is expected to have 8 episodes so given the 2-3 month wait between episode releases it falls into this schedule quite well.

3- What kind of content or PvP or MvM system do you think they will add or what you would like to see?I don't know what they might add, but personally I am hoping for a new Canthan themed WvW map.

4- Do you think there are water fights? (It depends if your answer is yes or no comment why you think that)Definitely, the question is how much water content there will be and how much of a focus there will be on it.I for one hope to swim around Shing Jea Island and at least partially explore some underwater sections of the Jade Sea.As gross as it sounds, I'd also like to be able to swim around in the sewer system under Kaineng City.

5- Will there be new kinds of mounts?Highly doubt it, though I expect some heavy canthan themed mount skins to come to the gem store.Kirin Sand Jackel skin is my top prediction, I also think a Nian Warclaw skin has a high probability of happening too.

6- Will there be new functions of the mounts that already exist? (example: what they added to dive with the stingray, but in this case with the others)Maybe.. I am not 100% convinced on this as it would likely require PoF to be bundled into EoD at launch.. that said I would not be surprised if Anet decides to do this so they can utilise existing mounts in new ways in EoD.This would be a smart move so.. that's why i'm going with maybe instead of a yes or no.

7- Will there be new specializations? (answer because you believe that)Extremely likely yes, I will be surprised if there isnt.

8- What kind of specializations would you like to see?I am mostly hoping for:Warrior with good ranged play, likely weapon.. Pistols.Dueling Thief spec with blocks/counter attacks, new weapon.. shield (with small buckler skin) or offhand Sword.Necro with a new Shroud form (I do not like scourge), new weapon.. MH Sword.One class getting some kind of Ritualist Spirit style game play from Gw1.. maybe Revenant..

9- Will there be clan halls?New Guildhalls? I am expecting there to be at least one yes.. though I am personally hoping for a couple.

10- Will there be new improvements for the room? (It depends on your answer, comment why and if positive, comment which ones)Sorry, i'm not sure what you mean by this.

11- New crafts? (It depends on your answer, comment why and if positive, comment which ones)I don't think so no, it could happen but I doubt it.

12- Do you think they add or improve the crafts we have? (comment why)I don't think there is much they can to tbh.. unless they wanted to add a new tier of gear but I don't see the point of this and it would cause more issues than it would solve.

13- What kind of armor sets would you like or think you can see? (be it for crafts, karma, even new cultures or etc.)I would like to see a lot of Gw1 Canthan armour sets be remade or upgraded for Gw2.I would especially like to see the Elite Luxon Necromancer armour make a return, that was a personal favourite of mine.

14- Will there be new raids, fractals, attack missions or dungeons?I really hope so, especially dungeons but I will not put money on this.

15- What kind of events would you like to see? (example Tequatl, the Shatter, similar to that)I would love to see new world bosses and hope Cantha has a good few of them.Something that lurks in the Jade sea, I really want a big boss fight here.. Anet already has a creature in game to reuse and upgrade into a world boss for this.. The Kraken.I'd like a proper first of it's kind underwater world boss as well.. perhaps some monstrosity that lurks in the sewers under Kaineng City.

16- How do you think the story will turn?I don't believe this will be the end of the Dragon storyline, not yet.. but I believe it will set up the final chapter of it.

17- What would you expect from Cantha?Too much probably XD

18- If we go to Cantha, do you think we will pass or see the War Islands? or are they mentioned?We are going to Cantha, but I don't think we will see the Battle Isles.

19- Who do you think was the voice of the trailer with whom Kuunavang spoke?My bet's on the Deep Sea Dragon or Albax.

20- What role do you suppose Kuunavang plays in the story?Benevolent, she aims to protect humans from what I believe to be an extinction event that will be central to the new story.

21- What places would you like to visit or see again in Cantha? and because?Oh all of them.. and more, I want to see the entire continent.Reason? I just love this region.. it was my favourite location in Gw1.

22- Do you think we will see the Jade Sea and the Ecvoland Forest in their natural state? (before the Jade Wind)No and I hope not.I expect them to be only partly reverted back to their natural state and I believe these regions are far more interesting and unique this way.A giant forest and a large ocean are hardly as interesting as a petrified forest and a frozen sea of Jade.

23- Will there be new races and species? (I do NOT mean playable races, I mean new races or species such as the Longs or quaggans)24- If your answer to the previous question is YES, what kind of race or species would you like to see? (be creative)I really hope so yes, for one thing I would like to see certain known races in a prior state to what they became after the Jade Wind hit them.The main race I would love to see back in it's peaceful ways is the Naga, I'd also like to see the Wardens in a less hostile form as well.

As for whole new races/species.. I dunno, I guess it would be kinda cool if some of the afflicted managed to survive and evolve into some new kind of mutant race that lives in the sewers under Kaineng City.

25- What do you think happened to the Nagas, Yetis, Guardians and other species that inhabited Cantha?The evil, human hating Naga I expect were eradicated.. but with the Jade sea de-petrifying I am hopeful that many of the Naga that were petrified within it are returning back to life and remain in their peaceful friendly ways.

Yeti's.. I have a feeling these guys were either wiped out or enslaved.

Wardens.. no idea, but I hope to see them again.

24- What new function or new thing do you think it would be possible to add that is not in GW2? (example: mounts as in PoF, or gliders in HoT)I really don't know..That said though off the top of my head I'm thinking about navigation/exploration.. I expect that from a lore perspective there will not be Asura gates and Waypoints dotted all over Cantha like there are in core Tyria.So I expect some new method of fast travel maybe brought in to remedy this in some way.. especially if mounts are not going to be a focus there either.Waypoints were scarce in PoF because of mounts making them less necessary but Cantha's xenophobia towards other races should mean that no Asuran tech exists there or at least is in common use.. so no waypoints.Another means of travel is the most logical assumption.. and also could be one reason why a PoF bundle with EoD may also happen.. so mounts can be a focus in this expansion as well and get around this issue if no new method of travelling these maps gets implemented.

25- Do you think that in EoD we will fight with the Sea Dragon or what kind of threat we could face?I hope so and I will be very annoyed if we don't at least get to see it.. alive!

26- Will we see a Lunar New Year in Cantha or do you think it will not happen? (comment why)I seriously hope this festival gets upgraded and gets a Canthan variant.. absolutely 100% support that happening.

27- Do you think there are new main characters? (apart from Braham, Kasmeer and the others)Most definitely, I expect a few Canthan natives will become allies during the expansion and stick around during the next living world season after it.

28- If your previous answer was yes, what kind of character or main would you like to see?I would love to see the old Ritualist and Assassin professions are still alive and well in Cantha.

29- Will we see the Tengu and their city?I believe that might be possible soon.. though I don't think the Tengu will play that big a role in the events of Cantha.The Dominion of Winds is made up of many different Tengu tribes from all over Tyria.. only 2 known Tribes are of Canthan origin.Whether or not the Tengu do still have any major connection to Cantha is unknown.Outside of their common language being old Canthan and the Two Canthan tribes (Angchu and Sensali) being members of the Dominion there is very little left to connect the Tengu race to Cantha tbh.. for all we know the current generation of Tengu do not care about Cantha nor have any desire to go there again.

30- Finally write something that has not been asked and would like to mentionI'm good, I think i've written enough ^^

@angelica.7406 said:Hi everyone, I've been playing GW2 for a long time and it's my first time creating a forum thread. I am Mexican, I would like to be a series of questions, and excuse me if my English is not very good.

I'll make a list of questions to make it fun, entertaining, and so let's see how much they think and how excited they are.The purpose of this is only to speculate about what is coming, get opinions, discuss about the new expansion and in this way they can let themselves be fantasized.

We start with the questions ...

1- What do you expect from EoD, in general?I expect a return to Cantha and a look at how the land and people have changed over the last 250+ years since we last were there

2- What date do you think EoD will be launched? and why do you think that?

Based on tge fact we can see possible 8 episodes this season I'd say we get one more this year bring to five...I'd say Sept to November.

3- What kind of content or PvP or MvM system do you think they will add or what you would like to see?

No idea

4- Do you think there are water fights? (It depends if your answer is yes or no comment why you think that)

Yes but not to the extent others are looking. I can see maps with lots of underwater fights but I can think maybe if the Jade sea has reverted back somehow we could see some serious fights

5- Will there be new kinds of mounts?

No. The first expac introduce us to the idea of masteries that have since been included in the PoF areas, just like mounts have been included in past areas. I think if they do it will be a collection based mount similar to griffin collection linked to Cantha but not 100 percent.

6- Will there be new functions of the mounts that already exist? (example: what they added to dive with the stingray, but in this case with the others)

Again doubtful as mounts were the selling point for POF

7- Will there be new specializations? (answer because you believe that)

Yes

8- What kind of specializations would you like to see?

I have an idea for a few, but it depends on the weapons. Let's look at warrior only weapons he can not use are pistols Short bow and the magic weapons. A lot want the spear to turn into a water/land weapon or have him go bare handed I don't think either works.

9- Will there be clan halls?I can see a new guild hall or 2 added10- Will there be new improvements for the room? (It depends on your answer, comment why and if positive, comment which ones)

?????

11- New crafts? (It depends on your answer, comment why and if positive, comment which ones)

No I don't think so. They would need to to be able to implement it across all maps. I think yes there will be new crafting material and sheets from r us to find

12- Do you think they add or improve the crafts we have? (comment why)

????

13- What kind of armor sets would you like or think you can see? (be it for crafts, karma, even new cultures or etc.)

No idea

14- Will there be new raids, fractals, attack missions or dungeons?

Maybe a strike mission as that seems to be there new focus and not raids.

15- What kind of events would you like to see? (example Tequatl, the Shatter, similar to that)

I'd like one where we are in the Jade sea and monster bursts from the Jade.

16- How do you think the story will turn?It depends on how the current story ends. What I actually see happening is we need to find ways to create a new vessal for the dragon energy. With the heavy weight of the spirts of the wild we could see us going to consult some ritualists to see how to craft such a device.17- What would you expect from Cantha?I expect to see some changes to Kainning City, with the great Tsunami I could see alot of strange new creatures calling the city Undercity home.18- If we go to Cantha, do you think we will pass or see the War Islands? or are they mentioned?

Nope they are currently under the endless ocean.

19- Who do you think was the voice of the trailer with whom Kuunavang spoke?Our new villan.20- What role do you suppose Kuunavang plays in the story?21- What places would you like to visit or see again in Cantha? and because?

I want to visit the south shore of Cantha as we don't know what is over there .

22- Do you think we will see the Jade Sea and the Ecvoland Forest in their natural state? (before the Jade Wind)

I think the forest would be still mostly petrified and the sea solid jade. We don't know how much of the idea of reverting back was done.

23- Will there be new races and species? (I do NOT mean playable races, I mean new races or species such as the Longs or quaggans)

I think we will see more of the Tengu. I also think we will have a glimpse of who the Largos are.

24- If your answer to the previous question is YES, what kind of race or species would you like to see? (be creative)???25- What do you think happened to the Nagas, Yetis, Guardians and other species that inhabited Cantha?

Per the lore they were driven out. Depends on how much has changed since then idk.

24- What new function or new thing do you think it would be possible to add that is not in GW2? (example: mounts as in PoF, or gliders in HoT)No idea

25- Do you think that in EoD we will fight with the Sea Dragon or what kind of threat we could face?

Yes in some way

26- Will we see a Lunar New Year in Cantha or do you think it will not happen? (comment why)

No idea

27- Do you think there are new main characters? (apart from Braham, Kasmeer and the others)Yes I do. I'd like a Tengu or non human.28- If your previous answer was yes, what kind of character or main would you like to see?I thimk we will see another gw1 character Razah. Why? No idea I like the idea of him still being around.29- Will we see the Tengu and their city?

I think we will see it in the final living world story of the season.

30- Finally write something that has not been asked and would like to mention

What are the thoughts that we could see the death of a one of our guild mates?

@"angelica.7406" said:1- What do you expect from EoD, in general?

Big Answers™. I expect we'll learn some definitive knowledge about The All, or at the very least new/groundbreaking knowledge about the elder dragons' connection to it (and how to alter it, for instance). Gameplay-wise, some new-mechanics, at least one Tangled Depths style maze map exploring the Canthan sewers or underwater tunnels/cave systems in the partially thawed jade sea. I expect to learn the fate of Togo, perhaps even Mhenlo; Togo is more likely imo, but I just don't see how they wouldn't mine such a beloved character for the expansion somehow given their track record with the Heroes from Elona. Lots of dragons.

Probably a year from now, which I'm fine with if more development time equals a higher quality product.

3- What kind of content or PvP or MvM system do you think they will add or what you would like to see?

Not sure what MvM is, but I don't have any interest in PvP. Would be nice for the folks who are to get something new though.

4- Do you think there are water fights? (It depends if your answer is yes or no comment why you think that)

Underwater content/battles? It seems almost assured if we do in fact deal with the DSD. Water will have to have some kind of importance in this campaign, either due to the DSD's power or the power of their inheritor (if the DSD is in fact dead as some speculate).

5- Will there be new kinds of mounts?6- Will there be new functions of the mounts that already exist? (example: what they added to dive with the stingray, but in this case with the others)

I have a hard time believing they will add new mounts. There's just not a lot of movement left to cover, and with that being PoF's gimmick I can't see ANet wanting to repeat that. If anything I could possibly see new features for the skimmer if we do a lot of underwater content, but they'd have to package the skimmer into EoDs somehow. Perhaps an underwater version of the roller beetle for fast movement that would be exclusive to EoDs, but I find it unlikely.

Yeah, I think there would be a riot from a lot of players if they skipped this. It's probably the biggest draw to buy an expansion for a lot of people.

In my dream of dreams, the DSD related content would be almost entirely underwater. So underwater (or water, ocean, sea themed at least) elite specs would be awesome. That, or reworking a lot of skills/specs to function better underwater.I'm really hoping for a "Siren" or "Spell Siren" elite spec for mesmers that uses sound/music/voice/song as the theme. Seems fitting for a mesmer tradition to be inspired by magical creatures that enchant/mesmerize, and you could make some very lovely visuals with skills/magic. Also there's a lore tie in with the Sirens in Orr, so it would be interesting to see the elite spec grow from that somehow.Otherwise, having the Ritualist return would be nice. I know the mechanics of the Rit have merged into other classes, but even if it's just an aesthetic throw back to Rit stuff would be nice. I feel like they could take the visuals of Ritualist and make a new Necromancer elite spec that holds true to the 'spirit' of the original while doing something new and exciting. Of course, seeing that we didn't get Dervish or Paragon specs in Elona, Ritualist elite spec feels unlikely.

9- Will there be clan halls?

Yeah. Maybe a secret ward of Shing Jea Monastery. Or even a cathedral in the Echovald Forest, perhaps.

13- What kind of armor sets would you like or think you can see? (be it for crafts, karma, even new cultures or etc.)

Definitely a few new armor sets themed around a Canthan aesthetic. I don't doubt they'll have Kurzick and Luxon armor (either as unlockable armor sets or gem store outfits).

I doubt any will release alongside the expansion.

15- What kind of events would you like to see? (example Tequatl, the Shatter, similar to that)

Nothing in particular.

16- How do you think the story will turn?

As mentioned in the first question, the devs hint something huge will happen in this expansion. Answers to everything about dragons and the cycle, I assume. It's hard to see how it'll all tie in, but I expect we'll have the DSD, Kuunavang, and this mysterious character in the trailer all vying for their different goals while we deal with whatever political and/or magical problems Cantha faces. By the end, we'll have effectively 'ended' the elder dragon issue, or at least finally have all the answers we need to 'end' the issue once and for all in the near future. We uplift other, friendly dragons to ED status. We find a way to alter the All so other beings can be compatible with it, or alter mortals somehow to be compatible. Aurene takes over all the magic and can handle it (I really hope not though, I want multiple friendly elder dragons. Or neutral, at the very least). We wake up and realize it's all been a dream this whole time. Idk. I don't see a clear/obvious reason for Lyssa to be involved, but honestly I didn't really see Balthazar coming pre-PoF. So the writers can work her in however they want, if they want.

17- What would you expect from Cantha?

Gorgeous visuals. I don't want GW2 Cantha to look too similar to the GW1 version, but I don't want it to lose its charm either. I'm not sure they'll blend the Korean, Chinese, and Japanese architecture and culture like they did the first time, as it was reportedly a problem years ago. Of course that was over a decade ago now, so maybe things have changed. But if not, I imagine we'd see Cantha looking much more directly inspired by one culture (or at least being a bit more subtle with the blend).

18- If we go to Cantha, do you think we will pass or see the War Islands? or are they mentioned?

It would be the only opportunity I could see, but I can't think of a story reason unless it's a pit stop on an ocean voyage south.

19- Who do you think was the voice of the trailer with whom Kuunavang spoke?

My bet is another dragon we haven't met yet. Some being on par with Kuunavang.

20- What role do you suppose Kuunavang plays in the story?

I would imagine her being an advisor of sorts, similar to Glint. I'd love for her to be a very active ally to us. My guess is she will be the moderate foil to whoever the other voice in the trailer is.

21- What places would you like to visit or see again in Cantha? and because?

Shin Jea is the most vibrant memory I have of Cantha/Factions. I'd love to explore that whole Island again, but especially the Monastery. Even if its in ruins now, would be poignant to make it our first base in Cantha. Also the Jade Sea and the Echovald Forest.

22- Do you think we will see the Jade Sea and the Ecvoland Forest in their natural state? (before the Jade Wind)

Too hard to say. I hope they stick to the set up they did and have both at least partially restored. Show that they are/have been reverting back to normal, and that they will continue to do so, while still being recognizable enough from Factions to pull on nostalgia. Seems the best way to go, especially with the Jade Sea there are cool map designs to be map out of half water/half jade environments.

23- Will there be new races and species? (I do NOT mean playable races, I mean new races or species such as the Longs or quaggans)24- If your answer to the previous question is YES, what kind of race or species would you like to see? (be creative)

I can't think of anything good. It's early. But I imagine we'll see some minor new races like the Choya. Maybe something inspired by different Asian folklore traditions. Honestly, I'd love to see more racial offshoots like the Olmakhan. Localized or migrant versions of the five races that are inherently different from the ways we know them. In particular I am especially keen to see Sylvari that have developed elsewhere. They could have such different aesthetics that reflects local flora, and I've always thought aquatic mermaid-type sylvari would be beautiful.

25- What do you think happened to the Nagas, Yetis, Guardians and other species that inhabited Cantha?

They're all gone or pushed to the extreme environments/wilderness that humans don't live in. That, or those races rose up at some point and crushed the Ministry of Purity/human presence. And now Cantha is an untamed land of monsters! Doubtful, but would be a little more interesting that the expected oppressive regime.

24- What new function or new thing do you think it would be possible to add that is not in GW2? (example: mounts as in PoF, or gliders in HoT)

The only big thing I can think of would either be a Heroes system (although much different in nature to GW1 - more like the SWTOR companion system, I'd imagine), or multi-class functionality somehow. No clue how the latter would work, and balance would be a nightmare so it seems unlikely. I suppose player housing could be the gimmick, but I don't think they could build a mastery system off it. Maybe a mastery system to improving ones mobility/power underwater. Otherwise... a new race? It would have to break the formula though - no personal story for the Tengu, they'd be meshed into the plot of EoDs somehow and become 'The Commander' over the course of that (or start out as a Commander of their race's forces). Could also see a mastery system developed from Wuxia abilities somehow.

25- Do you think that in EoD we will fight with the Sea Dragon or what kind of threat we could face?

I imagine there will be a dragon threat and a more mundane threat, like human political factions.

26- Will we see a Lunar New Year in Cantha or do you think it will not happen? (comment why)

No, they don't really change holidays. They remain static, and Core players wouldn't have access to those events otherwise.

27- Do you think there are new main characters? (apart from Braham, Kasmeer and the others)28- If your previous answer was yes, what kind of character or main would you like to see?

Marjory seems assured to be heavily featured. Honestly I could see them building a story about a Ritualist elite spec around her, perhaps in an effort to channel her fallen sister Belinda. Otherwise, there will of course be some native Canthans we will meet. I'm sure there will be at least one Tengu companion that joins Dragon's Watch. If Shing Jea is still what it was in Factions, I could see a student joining us too.

29- Will we see the Tengu and their city?

If we never get into the Dominion of Winds, I will riot. DoW and the DSD are the two big things I've always wanted to know more about!

30- Finally write something that has not been asked and would like to mention

I can't think of anythingggggg. Sorry. Brain dead.

Now I'll answer my own questions :o ;)Sorry if I have spelling mistakes, I'm still learning english.

@"angelica.7406" said:

1- What do you expect from EoD, in general?Many things jajaja. I would like this expansion to be different from the others and really feel like we are in a new place other than Tyria. I wish it was a cool expansion, maybe not wonderful, but great.

2- What date do you think EoD will be launched? and why do you think that?At first I have read many who assume either by tradition or guided by the other expansions, or by that are still missing episodes of Saga icebrood, that EoD will arrive within a year, possibly in autumn this is expected. I am really excited and if it were up to me I would like to have it at the beginning of 2021, but being realistic I doubt this will happen and I also bet for September or October 2021.

3- What kind of content or PvP or MvM system do you think they will add or what you would like to see?He played very little at this, to say anything. Although I think they will put PvP or MvM maps related to Cantha, and I would like if GvG could be added.

4- Do you think there are water fights? (It depends if your answer is yes or no comment why you think that)I would say yes, this is likely to happen, more than anything because of the number of players who have been crying out for it for years, it could still happen. I hope it can.

5- Will there be new kinds of mounts?I would not know what to say, since it is something that I suppose will not happen, since PoF was the expansion where this was added, apart from that already the mounts that we have I feel that there are too many and they already cover everything, flying, terrestrial, aquatic, sprinters, the blanket that can pass over the water. But what I am sure of is that there will be new skins for the mounts we already have. PS: I would love that if you get to put mounts, they put a seahorse and a Phoenix, I would love that.

6- Will there be new functions of the mounts that already exist? (example: what they added to dive with the stingray, but in this case with the others)mmm ... maybe, but I don't know, they may add it in the expansion or take it out in updates, but it could be that the mounts we have now have improvements. An example: that the beetle can dig underground and we can move like moles jajaja

7- Will there be new specializations? (answer because you believe that)Sure you do, since in each expansion they always put new things and improvements to the professions.

8- What kind of specializations would you like to see?It could be aquatic specializations, with new abilities or weapons for aquatic combat.

9- Will there be guild halls?Seguro que los habrá, la pregunta sería cuántos, yo diría que tal vez uno o si se ponen más cariñosos podemos tener varios. En particular, me gustaría tener una sala petrificada en el Bosque Ecvolad,

10- Will there be new improvements for the room? (It depends on your answer, comment why and if positive, comment which ones)They should, as the guild halls really feel like they don't serve a purpose, GvG matches could be held in the guild halls, if they add it.Decorations for sure there will be enough.

11- New crafts? (It depends on your answer, comment why and if positive, comment which ones)I do not think, or at least I can not think of any that they can put. But it could happen as the "Scribe" but to be scribe it is mandatory to have HoT. Maybe a craft that doesn't affect that much. But I doubt it.

12- Do you think they add or improve the crafts we have? (comment why)It is said that there are possibilities that Jeweler will improve it equal to 500. I do not know if they increase the level, but surely they put more recipes into the crafts to make new things. I am waiting for new recipes for armor and weapons.

13- What kind of armor sets would you like or think you can see? (be it for crafts, karma, even new cultures or etc.)Surely something that has to do with an Asian style, I would like you to add some kimono for my elementalist hahaha. About luxon y kurzick armor, I bet they add that as outfits in the gem shop. Hope armor that can be bought with karma.

14- Will there be new raids, fractals, attack missions or dungeons?Dungeons I do not think we will see them again, but what are raids, fractals and attack missions for sure. They even add some raid that has to do with urgoz or kanaxi

15- What kind of events would you like to see? (example Tequatl, the Shatter, similar to that)I would love to fight a kraken whether it's in the Jade Sea and it can be a water event. And if it is in Kaineng I would love to fight against bandits or criminals, although I do not know if there are the Am Fah, or any other organization.

16- How do you think the story will turn?The story will revolve around Cantha, about what has happened in more than 250 years, we may see the servants of the Sea Dragon.

17- What would you expect from Cantha?I hope it's like Factions, I really like Shing Jea Island, it was a place of tranquility, the Monastery, I would like to dive under the Jade Sea, swim and explore to see what is under all that sea, I can even see boats sunken luxons, or mysterious sites. The Ecvholad forest i would love to be able to fly and climb up to the treetops, I sincerely hope they do not take away that gothic touch.

18- If we go to Cantha, do you think we will pass or see the War Islands? or are they mentioned?Maybe not, since it was mentioned that they were flooded, but I hope it gets mentioned, or even sailing through the Ocean we pass where it was and feel some kind of power emerging under the Ocean. Or maybe there's an island or something left.

19- Who do you think was the voice of the trailer with whom Kuunavang spoke?To be honest, I have no idea.

20- What role do you suppose Kuunavang plays in the story?Podría ser el nuevo Glint y guiarnos a través de nuestro tiempo en Cantha, o podría ser un campeón del Sea Dragon.Ojalá se convirtiera en un dragón anciano

21- What places would you like to visit or see again in Cantha? and because?What a question, of course all the areas, I want to see how much has changed, I would even like to explore new areas that have never been seen in Factions. I would love the opportunity to see new areas

22- Do you think we will see the Jade Sea and the Ecvoland Forest in their natural state? (before the Jade Wind)If I would like to see this in its natural form. As mentioned I would like to dive and explore under the Jade Sea.Although I liked the Echovald Forest for its Gothic style, I hope it remains the same.

23- Will there be new races and species? (I do NOT mean playable races, I mean new races or species such as the Longs or quaggans)I would say that if, apart from the ones we already know from Factions, it sure occurs to them to include some species or race of Asian folklore.

24- If your answer to the previous question is YES, what kind of race or species would you like to see? (be creative)A race that we do not know, like a humanoid species in the form of foxes or something similar. Like some demons or vermin.

25- What do you think happened to the Nagas, Yetis, Guardians and other species that inhabited Cantha?I think they are still alive there, I want to imagine that several have escaped, and now many of them hate humans like the Nagas and are now an aggressive people. The yetis have still gone to live far away in the mountains, the guardians now that Urgoz has been defeated as they may continue their task of protecting the Echvoland forest.That's what I think.

24- What new function or new thing do you think it would be possible to add that is not in GW2? (example: mounts as in PoF, or gliders in HoT)I would say that aquatic fights, they could put already minipets fights, pokemon style jaja

25- Do you think that in EoD we will fight with the Sea Dragon or what kind of threat we could face?Yes there are very high chances that we can face the Sea Dragon, although I do not know if in EoD or in a season of the living world. Nor do I think that the dragon is the only threat, the Empire may have threats with other races for expelling them.

26- Will we see a Lunar New Year in Cantha or do you think it will not happen? (comment why)It is difficult to answer, since the festivities are already established, apart from it it is a disadvantage for those who will not have EoD, but if they are creative, they could open the Monastery to everyone on the holiday. Of course, if it is what they do, I would sincerely like to see this festival take place in Cantha.

27- Do you think there are new main characters? (apart from Braham, Kasmeer and the others)Yes, there will be new characters for sure

28- If your previous answer was yes, what kind of character or main would you like to see?It could be a tengu who can join the Guard of Eternity and accompany us to Cantha, even in Cantha we can get new friends to help us.

29- Will we see the Tengu and their city?I wish so, maybe not in EoD, but maybe in some episode of the living world.

30- Finally write something that has not been asked and would like to mentionI want to be in Cantha playing :)

Hello everyone, I am writing again to give an opinion

There are those who consider that the Lunar Year is not possible in Cantha, since it leaves the players at a disadvantage, if they worry so much there will also be players at a disadvantage because they cannot or do not have money when buying EoD, this is In the case of HoT, those who do not have cannot be create the profession of revenant, nor can they be scribes.

It is an opinion that I think about the answer that perhaps several believe is not possible.

And to apologize for those who did not understand my question about the clan halls, I was referring to the guild halls, in Spanish guild is clan or guild. (from question 9)From question 10 I mean the guild halls. ?

@castlemanic.3198 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:At least one proper dragon fight for DSD minion - not a wyvern, not some powerful non-dragon dragon champion like PoF had, a proper dragon like Tequatl, etc.

Would also like one for Primordus... but that's more IBS.

Didn't we fight death branded shatterer in season 4?

Sure, but that's Kralkatorrik's champion. Not Primordus' or the DSD. Primordus only has wyverns atm, and heck, we didn't get a proper mordrem dragon meta fight - just had Shadow of the Dragon in the story and wyverns in the open world.

1- What do you expect from EoD, in general?

I've learned to keep expectations low so I can never be disappointed, but I do think ArenaNet will knock this expansion out of the park and it'll be the best one yet.

Anytime from September 24th, 2021 to October 29th, 2021. It puts the release timeframe in Q4 and most likely on a Friday seeing as both HoT and PoF were released on a Friday.

Probably some new PvP maps and a WvW map. Would be cool to get a WvW update with alliances and a GvG arena as well.

Like underwater combat? Probably, considering that the DSD is most likely the dragon we're going to encounter in Cantha. I can't see it being well received unless it's a small amount of underwater combat or they do an underwater combat overhaul though.

5- Will there be new kinds of mounts?

I doubt it; that was a PoF and LS4 thing. I'd rather they introduce some new gimmick instead.

6- Will there be new functions of the mounts that already exist? (example: what they added to dive with the stingray, but in this case with the others)

Also doubt it - what more really needs to be done with them? They're versatile enough with the skills they have.

Yes, absolutely. New classes would be too much work for not enough reward and no elite specs would generate a huge shit storm.

I really only play revenant so I don't care what other classes get and I'm not going to comment on those classes. Only thing I can say is that ArenaNet should round out the damage/control/support trinity they've made with elite specs. In this case, rev needs a strong power DPS spec. During/after this expansion launches, the devs can start rebalancing the other classes to reduce power creep or bring underperforming specs (like herald support) up to par.

9- Will there be clan halls?

Definitely a new guild hall, yeah.

10- Will there be new improvements for the room? (It depends on your answer, comment why and if positive, comment which ones)

Not sure what you mean by this, but if you mean guild halls then it'd be a nice addition. They probably don't want GHs replacing hubs like mistlock though.

11- New crafts? (It depends on your answer, comment why and if positive, comment which ones)

No new crafting professions, but they might bring the remaining ones up to 500.

12- Do you think they add or improve the crafts we have? (comment why)

See 11.

GW1 armor sets from Cantha would be great. Tbh though, I'd rather they go back in and retexture some of the old armor sets before adding too many new ones in. You can see that a lot of them haven't aged well.

Raids no, fractals no (only Sunqua Peak next week), strikes unlikely, and dungeons probably not.

Taking control of parts of Kaineng City or storming the Deep would be cool. I'd hope they add in something more interesting than more metas though. Elite specs can only keep the game new for so long. A long-term new type of instanced content like what WoW is getting with Torghast would be amazing. They'd have to introduce some really nice rewards to keep people incentivized though.

16- How do you think the story will turn?

I think we'll actually be dealing with both the DSD and Jormag. As of now, Jormag doesn't seem bent on mindlessly controlling everything or destroying Tyria, so I'm guessing that we're gearing up for a different approach to the magic/dragon problem. We might actually work with the DSD and Jormag to face a different threat or solve the magic problem on our own. Killing dragons over and over is a bit cliche since we've already done it three times over. Something involving the Empire of Dragons would be more interesting imo. Maybe Canthan royalty are dragon minions?

17- What would you expect from Cantha?

Broad question...

18- If we go to Cantha, do you think we will pass or see the War Islands? or are they mentioned?

The Battle Isles? They sunk iirc.

19- Who do you think was the voice of the trailer with whom Kuunavang spoke?

We know it was a new character and their tone doesn't seem hostile to mortals - even some of the words imply that she/it is not an Elder Dragon: "those who face eternity easily forget...". But, it could be anyone. DSD, new replacement for Balthazar, some minor NPC, etc.

20- What role do you suppose Kuunavang plays in the story?

Just a guiding role. Don't think she'll be a fighter until maybe towards the end.

21- What places would you like to visit or see again in Cantha? and because?

Didn't finish Factions but Kaineng City, Shing Jea Island, Echovald Forest, and the Jade Sea are the big 4 we'll probably see again. Would be interesting to explore the bottom part of Cantha too, since it's uncharted territory.

That would imply we go into the past or manipulate the Mists somehow, so probably not.

23- Will there be new races and species? (I do NOT mean playable races, I mean new races or species such as the Longs or quaggans)

Ones that we haven't seen in GW2? Yeah, the ones we found in GW1. Probably nothing new though.

24- If your answer to the previous question is YES, what kind of race or species would you like to see? (be creative)

See above.

25- What do you think happened to the Nagas, Yetis, Guardians and other species that inhabited Cantha?

Usoku might have purged them too, so 50/50 if they're still there or not.

24- What new function or new thing do you think it would be possible to add that is not in GW2? (example: mounts as in PoF, or gliders in HoT)

Both new gimmicks helped navigate their respective expansion, so something along those lines.

See 16.

They had it in GW1 didn't they? I see no reason for this to change.

27- Do you think there are new main characters? (apart from Braham, Kasmeer and the others)

Yeah, but we won't meet them until we hit Cantha or they come to us first.

28- If your previous answer was yes, what kind of character or main would you like to see?

Depends on the story. I'm not interested in adding more characters who serve no purpose.

29- Will we see the Tengu and their city?

Tengu were expelled from the empire, so not many.

• 1 month later...

I have a slightly weird or crazy theory, whatever you want to call it. Remember the Wardens of the Echovald Forest? this in GW: Factions.in case you don't remember, they are: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warden

First as everyone knows the Sylvari are a new and never seen race, and they were born from a Tree, which was a seed that Ronan planted a human.

Well I have a theory that Guardians can be the same species as Sylvari, why do I say this? good question, these guardians their home is the Grove that is in the Forest of Echovald, and within this Grove there are three Eternal Trees, which could be like the Pale Tree.

Since I know that these trees were used for ceremonies or rituals this to transform the Kurzick into Juggernaut, these creatures are a great mobile plant construction that the Kurzick create by binding the soul of a volunteer human with one of the Eternal Trees in the Awakening Ceremony.

Well suppose that the Guardians being ancient and they are, they learned from the abilities of their three trees and saw that they could use it on humans and thus both the kurzick and the guardians became allies. And the Kurzicks took advantage of this to fight the luxons.

I will give you a description so that you understand why I tell you this theory that I have.

The mysterious and ancient Wardens guard the areas of Cantha hit hardest by Shiro’s legacy. Protectors of the Echovald that was, they now guard the petrified forest it has become. They may once have been human, perhaps powerful druids or holy men, but they long ago merged with the spirit they served to become something altogether different.Now they stand as the ultimate protectors of the Echovald that is. The clan claims the right of vengeance for what Shiro Tagachi wrought, and blames all humans for the Jade Wind that stripped the woods and sea of life, but inexplicably left the Wardens unharmed. Driven nearly mad, enraged at their failure to fulfill their only purpose, they work in their own mysterious ways to reverse the effects of Shiro’s death, but until they succeed, they will threaten any humans they encounter.Wardens do not take names as such, but take their monikers from their rank in the clan’s natural hierarchy. The lowest ranked, least powerful Wardens are associated with the smallest forms and shapes of nature—leaves, moss, seashells, and so on. Higher up are those Wardens who take their name from particular trees or larger forms of sea life, while those protectors that lead the clans take the names of the seasons.

Well as such its origin is not known, it is mentioned that they were humans, druids, or something. I say they could be the "first pure sylvari" to call them that, without the influence of Modremorth. And that they merged with the spirits to become something different may be the explanation for why they have that horned appearance as seen in Factions.

And this theory I was thinking since Sylvari and Guardians have a city with the same name, called "Grove", and that both have Trees, apart from the Guardians have an unknown origin and since the ancient Dragons have millennia and are ancient inhabitants of Tyria , It would not be so unreasonable for these Guardians to have a certain link with Modremorth and the Sylvari, they may be distant relatives.

Besides that it would help the plot of the game and know things that we do not know yet about the Sylvari, their life limit time or other things. And it would be something that would surprise.

What do you think? Do you think it could be true? Would you like it?

Maybe it won't happen, but it's something I would like ANET to do, it would be cool.

Just looking over the trailer they released today. The Tengu models have been updated.It seems very likely that the dominion of winds is going to be opened during the expansion and Tengu will be the next playable race.The former will probably happen even if the latter doesn't because there is all this unused map space east of Caledon Forest and west of Lion's Arch that is currently being guarded by Tengu.

Well yesterday three conceptual arts about Shing Jea, the Echovald Forest and the Aetherblades were released, I leave you the images so you can observe

Shing_Jea_ConceptArt_Gw2.png

For me this first image I liked, it looks so colorful. I guess it will be the Shing Jea Monastery

Echovald_Forest_ConceptArt_Gw2.png

Endofdragons_conceptart_echovald2.png

This other image is about the Echovald Forest, the truth is that it also looks very good, that makes us think that the forest is no longer petrified.

La última imagen si recuerdo correctamente es la Casa zu Heltzer que es o era la ciudad de los kurzick. La verdad es que este arte se ve muy bien y el Bosque Echovald ha vuelto a su estado natural, lleno de vida. Obvio sin perder el estilo gótico, que es algo que me fascina.

Aetherblade_ConceptArt_Gw2.png

And this last one because we will see the Aetherblades again, after a long time.

Endofdragons_conceptart_character.png

The latter is a concept art of some character, perhaps important that we see in Cantha, possibly it helps us in the missions. It seems to me that she's an elementalist or something. Let's see if they tell us more about her.

I am more and more excited. =)

@"angelica.7406" said:Aetherblade_ConceptArt_Gw2.png

And this last one because we will see the Aetherblades again, after a long time.

Makes me wonder if Mai Trin might become a dragon champion similar to Ryland or the Commander. That, or I could imagine her being a runaway princess of the empire returning to claim power. Baseless speculation of course.

@"angelica.7406" said:I have a slightly weird or crazy theory, whatever you want to call it. Remember the Wardens of the Echovald Forest? this in GW: Factions.in case you don't remember, they are: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warden

-snip-

It is very unlikely that the wardens are at all related to sylvari or Mordremoth for three reasons:

1. Wardens are stated to have once been humans. This would put them on par to the Druids, rather than sylvari.
  2. Their power and origins seem to relate to Urgoz, which is a forest spirit. This puts Urgoz on par to the Spirits of the Wild, or the Spirit of Fire, or Amiyali that the itzel worship, rather than the Elder Dragons.
  3. The distance - Mordremoth is a dragon that roots itself in place. As such, it's unlikely that it moves around after waking up, unlike Kralkatorrik, Primordus, and Jormag who are all well establish to move around upon waking. Even if Mordremoth moves around, crossing the Clashing Seas would be quite a steep task for an Elder Dragon without wings, especially when those seas are inhabited by the deep sea dragon - and as proven in this season, the Elder Dragons are not on a "never attack each other" basis. So in order to have the wardens originating from Mordremoth despite points 1 and 2, Mordremoth would have had to go through enemy territory to reach the Maguuma Jungle by the time of hibernation.

these guardians their home is the Grove that is in the Forest of Echovald, and within this Grove there are three Eternal Trees, which could be like the Pale Tree.

And this theory I was thinking since Sylvari and Guardians have a city with the same name, called "Grove",

This is actually incorrect. You're mistaking the wardens with the juggernauts. The Wardens - if they have a home, this is debatable - would find home in the form of Urgoz's Warren and not the Eternal Grove.

To restate: the wardens have no stated or hinted relation to the Eternal Grove.

@"Svennis.3852" said:I could see someone having taken one of the “purified” blighting tree seeds to cantha in the time between GW1 and 2, even unknowingly. Just feels like a shame we’ve never found Malyck’s grove or any other purified blighting trees.

If Ronan was able to point them in the direction of the cave? Sure. But wardens and juggernauts predate GW1 by about a thousand years.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:It is very unlikely that the wardens are at all related to sylvari or Mordremoth for three reasons:

1. Wardens are stated to have once been humans. This would put them on par to the Druids, rather than sylvari.

You are wrong, nobody says what its origin is, it is a speculation that so far is not known with certainty

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warden It only says that it is possible but not a fact.

1. Their power and origins seem to relate to Urgoz, which is a forest spirit. This puts Urgoz on par to the Spirits of the Wild, or the Spirit of Fire, or Amiyali that the itzel worship, rather than the Elder Dragons.

If it is said that Urgoz is a spirit of the Forest, however its origin is not very clear and it may have been somehow champion of Modremorth and was purified by someone, and when the Jade Wind occurred, it was corrupted by power. You never know, just as Glint was purified by the forgotten, Urgoz may have been purified as well, but when the Jade Wind occurred it could be corrupted. Even Urgoz could be what would come being similar to the Avatar of the Pale Tree but for the Warden

Apart from much change the history of Glint from GW1 to GW2, they can still rewrite.

1. The distance - Mordremoth is a dragon that roots itself in place. As such, it's unlikely that it moves around after waking up, unlike Kralkatorrik, Primordus, and Jormag who are all well establish to move around upon waking. Even if Mordremoth moves around, crossing the Clashing Seas would be quite a steep task for an Elder Dragon without wings, especially when those seas are inhabited by the deep sea dragon - and as proven in this season, the Elder Dragons are not on a "never attack each other" basis. So in order to have the wardens originating from Mordremoth despite points 1 and 2, Mordremoth would have had to go through enemy territory to reach the Maguuma Jungle by the time of hibernation.

What makes you think that they don't move? Kralkatorrik was in the north and then he moved to the desert to end up in Elona, ​​why not Mordremoth?

And maybe Modremorth has never been to Cantha, but if he existed before the Dragon Empire before the arrival of humans, because it is not possible that someone like Ronan, someone different like that has found some seed afterwards and planted it in the Forest

Aren't the elder dragons supposed to have had a presence around the world and caused destruction or is it only valid on the Tyrian continent?

these guardians their home is the Grove that is in the Forest of Echovald, and within this Grove there are three Eternal Trees, which could be like the Pale Tree.

And this theory I was thinking since Sylvari and Guardians have a city with the same name, called "Grove",

This is actually incorrect. You're mistaking the
with the
. The Wardens - if they have a home, this is debatable - would find home in the form of
and
not

To restate: the wardens have
no stated or hinted relation
to the Eternal Grove.

Maybe there if I was wrong, but it could have a certain relationship. You never know

@"angelica.7406" said:If it is said that Urgoz is a spirit of the Forest, however its origin is not very clear and it may have been somehow champion of Modremorth and was purified by someone, and when the Jade Wind occurred, it was corrupted by power. You never know, just as Glint was purified by the forgotten, Urgoz may have been purified as well, but when the Jade Wind occurred it could be corrupted. Even Urgoz could be what would come being similar to the Avatar of the Pale Tree but for the WardenIcebrood Saga has shown that spirits can't be corrupted. At most, they can be persuaded. Even the Lost Spirits aren't actually corrupted by Jormag, just bowed by its might and persuasion abilities, of which Mordremoth doesn't have.

Apart from much change the history of Glint from GW1 to GW2, they can still rewrite.They could rewrite Glint because she was a dragon, but Urgoz is a forest spirit. Not even a sapient tree - a spirit. Relation to Koda or the Spirits of the Wild is far more likely than to Mordremoth.

Besides, ANet can rewrite anything if they really wanted. They could rewrite it so that Urgoz is actually a child of Primordus and Kralkatorrik. Not that such makes sense.

But not everything needs to be (and definitely, not everything should be) related to the Elder Dragons.

1. The distance - Mordremoth is a dragon that roots itself in place. As such, it's unlikely that it moves around after waking up, unlike Kralkatorrik, Primordus, and Jormag who are all well establish to move around upon waking. Even if Mordremoth moves around, crossing the Clashing Seas would be quite a steep task for an Elder Dragon without wings, especially when those seas are inhabited by the deep sea dragon - and as proven in this season, the Elder Dragons are
    not
    on a "never attack each other" basis. So in order to have the wardens originating from Mordremoth despite points 1 and 2, Mordremoth would have had to go through enemy territory to reach the Maguuma Jungle by the time of hibernation.

What makes you think that they don't move? Kralkatorrik was in the north and then he moved to the desert to end up in Elona, ​​why not Mordremoth?I literally explained it all in the paragraph you quoted.

1. Mordremoth roots itself in place after waking up, in order to spread its vines.
  2. Mordremoth would need to go through enemy territory to move from Cantha to Tyria.

And maybe Modremorth has never been to Cantha, but if he existed before the Dragon Empire before the arrival of humans, because it is not possible that someone like Ronan, someone different like that has found some seed afterwards and planted it in the ForestThat's even less likely than Mordremoth having moved from Cantha to Tyria, as it would require someone to find a cleansed seed, bring it all the way to Cantha, then plant it.

Aren't the elder dragons supposed to have had a presence around the world and caused destruction or is it only valid on the Tyrian continent?As a group, global influence. Though why they're all centered around Central Tyria this time around is left unanswered. But that wouldn't mean all - or even one specific - Elder Dragon(s) had been in Cantha before.

Maybe there if I was wrong, but it could have a certain relationship. You never knowThere's no reason to believe a relationship at the moment, however. Might as well suggest that Joko got its powers from Zhaitan, or that choya come from Mordremoth too. Just as much likelihood - you're basically saying "hey, these are plants coming from a tree; and these are plants coming from a tree; so maybe they're related!"

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"angelica.7406" said:If it is said that Urgoz is a spirit of the Forest, however its origin is not very clear and it may have been somehow champion of Modremorth and was purified by someone, and when the Jade Wind occurred, it was corrupted by power. You never know, just as Glint was purified by the forgotten, Urgoz may have been purified as well, but when the Jade Wind occurred it could be corrupted. Even Urgoz could be what would come being similar to the Avatar of the Pale Tree but for the WardenIcebrood Saga has shown that spirits can't be corrupted. At most, they can be persuaded. Even the Lost Spirits aren't actually corrupted by Jormag, just bowed by its might and persuasion abilities, of which Mordremoth doesn't have.

Apart from much change the history of Glint from GW1 to GW2, they can still rewrite.They could rewrite Glint because she was a dragon, but Urgoz is a forest spirit. Not even a sapient tree - a
spirit
. Relation to Koda or the Spirits of the Wild is far more likely than to Mordremoth.

Besides, ANet can rewrite anything if they really wanted. They could rewrite it so that Urgoz is actually a child of Primordus and Kralkatorrik. Not that such makes sense.

But not everything needs to be (and definitely, not everything should be) related to the Elder Dragons.
  1. The distance - Mordremoth is a dragon that roots itself in place. As such, it's unlikely that it moves around after waking up, unlike Kralkatorrik, Primordus, and Jormag who are all well establish to move around upon waking. Even if Mordremoth moves around, crossing the Clashing Seas would be quite a steep task for an Elder Dragon without wings, especially when those seas are inhabited by the deep sea dragon - and as proven in this season, the Elder Dragons are
    not
    on a "never attack each other" basis. So in order to have the wardens originating from Mordremoth despite points 1 and 2, Mordremoth would have had to go through enemy territory to reach the Maguuma Jungle by the time of hibernation.

What makes you think that they don't move? Kralkatorrik was in the north and then he moved to the desert to end up in Elona, ​​why not Mordremoth?I literally explained it all in the paragraph you quoted.

1. Mordremoth roots itself in place after waking up, in order to spread its vines.
  2. Mordremoth would need to go through enemy territory to move from Cantha to Tyria.

And maybe Modremorth has never been to Cantha, but if he existed before the Dragon Empire before the arrival of humans, because it is not possible that someone like Ronan, someone different like that has found some seed afterwards and planted it in the ForestThat's even less likely than Mordremoth having moved from Cantha to Tyria, as it would require someone to find a cleansed seed, bring it all the way to Cantha, then plant it.

Aren't the elder dragons supposed to have had a presence around the world and caused destruction or is it only valid on the Tyrian continent?As a group, global influence. Though why they're all centered around Central Tyria this time around is left unanswered. But that wouldn't mean all - or even one specific - Elder Dragon(s) had been in Cantha before.

Maybe there if I was wrong, but it could have a certain relationship. You never knowThere's no reason to believe a relationship at the moment, however. Might as well suggest that Joko got its powers from Zhaitan, or that choya come from Mordremoth too. Just as much likelihood - you're basically saying "hey, these are plants coming from a tree; and these are plants coming from a tree; so maybe they're related!"

Nor is it that bad, it is just speculation, and what I said was interesting to me, and well I just wanted to put a certain relationship to things, I am not saying that it is by forces that are from Modremorth, it is my speculation, a fantasy of myself. Just as there are many posts about tengu being a playable race, why can't I fantasize a bit?

And okay maybe Modremorth never moved ever, but in Magumma Jungle there is a seed cave, someone just grabbed one, when he was traveling there and took it to Cantha on his ship.

And over time, thanks to some kind of power, they turned into spirits, and they developed a power or a barrier that separated them from Modremorth's Influence or something like that.

And you are wrong, you say that Urgoz cannot be corrupted, so how come the Jade Wind corrupted him?

Well it is my speculation and I wanted to share it since it makes me interesting. I know it will never happen.

@"angelica.7406" said:And okay maybe Modremorth never moved ever, but in Magumma Jungle there is a seed cave, someone just grabbed one, when he was traveling there and took it to Cantha on his ship.

Here's the thing, in order for this to happen and the timeline to work, it has to be pre-humanity on Cantha. So here's the question: who would do it?

I guess Forgotten could have, and theoretically deldrimor dwarves, as the former had confirmed presence while the later in-game speculated presence. But then the question is: why? Why would they have, when they didn't even plant the seeds in Tyria?

Furthermore, unlike the Blighting Trees, the Eternal Trees:

a) do not use podsb) do not clonec) do not appear to be sapientd) and lastly, perhaps most importantly, create a juggernaut from a sacrifice.

The last is pretty important, because canonically, the only way a Blighting Tree was able to make minions from corpses was because Zhaitan died and Mordremoth got a big ol' helping of death magic. And creation of a juggernaut specifically requires killing the individual in the sap.

While both produce humanoid plants, the methods they do so are entirely different.

And that's not even talking about the wardens, which notably do not come from the Eternal Trees.

And over time, thanks to some kind of power, they turned into spirits, and they developed a power or a barrier that separated them from Modremorth's Influence or something like that.

And you are wrong, you say that Urgoz cannot be corrupted, so how come the Jade Wind corrupted him?Different uses of the same word. I was talking specifically about dragon corruption, while the use of the word is a more dictionary-centric usage. Specifically this one:

verb

1. change or debase by making errors or unintentional alterations."Epicurus's teachings have since been much corrupted"

In other words, the Jade Wind "corrupted" by altering them. Same with the Saltspray Dragons - they aren't physically changed with mental enslavement (dragon corruption), but rather they've been made extremely violent. But not all Saltspray Dragons are violent (Albax, unnamed hatchling, Shiny).

A confusion caused by the fact that ANet's vocabulary seems fairly limited, and they reuse words quite often.

i hope the wardens are not related to mordremothI'm really fed up with everything ending up being related to dragons. And that all the lore of gw1 be soiled by these uninteresting dragons ...no if I go to cantha I do not want the ancient monsters of this territory to be linked to them but to have their own independent story ..