Decap engi is probably the most degen class rn

Dantheman.3589

I noticed quite recently the actually insane amount of soft and hard crowd control a scrapper can put out. Couldn't even name which skill the guy used 'cause I don't really know engi well, all I know is that I was being pushed the whole time, and when I wasn't, he was blocking and dazing with the shield. There's no damage, it just moves you.

On the positive side, these kind of players seem quite vulnerable to a competent +1, which means if you consume their cooldowns just a little bit some rev\thief\degenerate mesmer can pierce through them very quick.

The main offenders are battering ram, remote mine, and OF COURSE (and what makes them so kitty tough) is that overtuned scrapper trait with no ICD which gives a hefty barrier per every CC handed outAnd obviously flashbang grenade which never was in-tune with the game philosophy, [however there's many more specs which dump in damage with CC, particularly condi bursts]

So imagine having to hit said engi at the start of combat, but oop, you're dazed, but oop, you're blinded, and big oof it has a barrier. But oop you just got knocked back and 3 buffs got removed off your sorry n00b kitty because you haven't rerolled into some retarded OP abuse spec yet

You don't interact with it and just avoid it. Yes, you avoid pvp in a pvp game mode.

Seems to be a theme with this meta, and why it's not fun. Please delete remote mines knockback(not used in pve), rework the symbols aoe trait(not used in pve), reduce system shockers barrier by 50% in wvw/pvp and rework stone heart(not used in pve)

@Shiyo.3578 said:You don't interact with it and just avoid it. Yes, you avoid pvp in a pvp game mode.

Seems to be a theme with this meta, and why it's not fun. Please delete remote mines knockback(not used in pve), rework the symbols aoe trait(not used in pve), reduce system shockers barrier by 50% in wvw/pvp and rework stone heart(not used in pve)

So just because a skill is not used in PvE is a reason to kill it entirely?Remove the knockback from throw mine and it becomes useless....

They would have to massively increase the damage of the skill then and even then it wouldn't be really worth it anymore. Throw mine basically works like something between a trap and a preparation, but the actual pressure the skill would put on an area would be minimal, since it just deals damage in a single instance, meaning the maximum power coefficien they could give it would be 2,0....

Agree that they should reduce the barrier in PvP/WvW from system shocker, tho. Pretty weird that they didn't do that right at the implementation of this trait.

@"aelska.4609" said:Dunno, I found it to be quite interactive tbh

(More honestly it is more meme potential than a problem if you don't do like me. Ignore and go on other nodes. I'd have expected it to be fixed in small balance patch if anet dev team didn't get killed in Jormag's landing.)

Bro that was me. I was playing core guard too. The decap engi was the ranked 3 NA lol. I was 1400~ player lol. (matchmaking sucks)

@"aelska.4609" said:Dunno, I found it to be quite interactive tbh

(More honestly it is more meme potential than a problem if you don't do like me. Ignore and go on other nodes. I'd have expected it to be fixed in small balance patch if anet dev team didn't get killed in Jormag's landing.)

Look at that name, lol. The dude knows he's playing a stupid build. This is the type of stuff balance patches every 2 weeks are supposed to fix, btw.

I actually don't blame people for playing decap eng since everyone just plays builds that spam AOE on the node and live forever(hi base guardian) anyways. Counter cheese with bigger cheese.

@Poledra Val.1490 said:To be blunt Engineer as a class right now is utterly busted, its beyond my understanding why Anet does not balance this entire class properly.

Not true, considering all elites and core specs, core engi is the worst of all of them, funny enough its elites can make up for all that and pull themselves to top tier list.

Tbh they have to overkill holo and kinda nerf scrapper to slowly buff core to bring all 3 of them up together, otherwise one or another elite will end up busted with any attempt of buffing core