Back after very long time...

vpy.6183

I am trying to get back into the game after a very longggg time.I have been offered to upgrade it to the latest content "Path of Fire"As part of the upgrade I have been offered a max level boost.I would like to use that boost on an class which is kinda hard to level but really shines very well at max levelWhich class would you guys recommend ?

In general it is advised to not use the boost when being new to the game, or when returning after a very long time.

In either scenarios, it is often advised to start a new character, in case of returning players this can even be the same class as one had played before, to get back into the game. Overall no class is difficult to level in this game, nor does it take long, so the later list will be based on how easy/hard classes are compared to each other, not to other games. If you are a returning player with an old account, you might have some birthday gifts available with Experience Scrolls as far as instant level 60, from the sixth birthday gift, waiting for you.

That said, to answer you question:Classes considered very easy and strait forward to level:

• warrior
  • ranger
  • necromancer
  • guardian

Classes considered slightly more demanding:

• thief (thief can easily be in the first group, but does require players make use of this games active dodge system to properly utilize)
  • engineer
  • revenant

Classes considered tedious to level:

• elementalist
  • mesmer

My advice would actually be to take a slightly different approach and look for a profession you think would be useful (maybe one which is recommended by a lot of guides for group content) but which you find boring to play.

There's not a massive difference between an easy to level and a difficult to level profession in GW2. It's not like in games where for example you have dedicated healer professions and it's difficult to level them to the point where you can start group content because they take ages to kill things. But any profession can get boring if it's not a playstyle you enjoy and that makes it much harder to keep levelling them.

That was my approach anyway, I used the boost on a warrior because they always seemed to appear in any recommended group composition (and I wanted one of each profession at level 80) but I always found them boring when I tried them and probably wouldn't have gotten to level 80 if I had to level one manually, so I used the boost instead. I still rarely play my warrior but at least he's there if I need him.

The other thing to bear in mind is that it doesn't take a long time to level up characters in this game and there are free shortcuts - mainly you'll get Tomes of Knowledge from various places which each grant 1 level - so it's not a big problem if you use the boost and then decide you want a different character at level 80. Of course it's best not to waste it, but it's also not worth spending too much time worrying about getting exactly the right choice.