Expanding my wardrobe

Shinji.9521

So i have been playing GW2 for quite some time now and i was wondering, what is the best way to unlock more wardrobe skins? I want to get more involved with Fashion Wars TM, but i have maybe 10-15 skins on every piece and most of them are the same generic model just changed a bit. What is the best way to get more interesting/diverse skins?

A good place to start is probably using GW2efficiency and it's wardrobe function, which gives a good overview of which skins are still locked and how expensive those skins are to get.

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/wardrobe

Then going from there check off the thousands of cheap skins available from the TP or Karma. There are tons of skins which cost only a couple of copper or silver or a bit of Karma.

After that, unless you are aiming for 100 Wardrobe completion, which will be VERY expensive and/or long to complete, start making notes of skins you desire and make a note of where and how to get them.

Hmmmm, Dungeons have some nice skins.Cultural armor at merchants in cities can be good too.Heart of thorns maps have some like ley line armor.You could also go for Mistward armor.Those are easy to get for beginners and require no Living World episodes.Silverwastes also has a time consuming armor collection.

I would advice to go to any bank ingame, select the wardrobe tab.There you will find nearly all skins that are ingame and you can directly preview them on your character, mix and match different pieces of different armor sets, even (to some extent) preview with different dyes to see how they look on that armor ( i always use the trading post for this, just search the dye there then rightclick and preview (probably would work with chatlinks from the wiki as well) to see how it looks on the armor pieces you currently have in the preview, one downside is though that you just have 4 dye channels to preview that apply to all pieces).Then if you found pieces you like, you can check the wiki where to get them.

Whenever flashy new skins come out, there are folks who put up youtube videos showing what those skins look like in action. Just search "GW2 fashion wars" there to see what videos are available. The Krytan Herald for one has done a series of fashion war videos. It's easier for me to tell which skins I like from a video than a photograph. There was also a thread in the Players Helping Players section where you could ask for fashion advice and help. The most recent post there is almost a year old now though, so I don't know if you will get a response but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Yes, a very handy tool. Plug in your key and have it show you the unlocks for the Guaranteed Unlocks, then start buying all the cheap stuff. I first set the max at 1 gold, and bought as many as I could find, then increased it the next time, etc. I think I have everything from the TP at least that is ~5 gold. Once you are comfortable using it, as in you think 2g/3g/4g is a good level to have purchased, then start using the Guaranteed Unlock voucher-things.

Note that prices can vary from what that site lists, some things were half again as much as it listed. Unless I was doing something wrong and there was a cheaper way to get a skin.