Hearts and Minds updraft still bugged AFTER 3 YEARS

jason.2043

I run this story instance a lot. Ever since I started warning people not to jump into the air vents I rarely see this bug. I'm not certain that this is what's causing it but from running that instance a million times it seems so. Despite my warnings, I've had a handful of people shoot out over the last year and when I asked them if they jumped into it, they all said yes. Again though, this could just be a coincidence.

It's not really a bug, it's caused by lag. Gliding/movement is client side while updrafts require a request/response from the server, so if you cut your connection while in a updraft for example, you'll infinitely fly upwards. Since the boundary in this instance is just above the updraft, anyone with a higher or unstable ping is likely to fly too high and be kicked. It would be trivial to fix by adding an invisible wall, but it's such a low priority that it'll likely never happen unless Steam causes a new flood of complaints.

@Healix.5819 said:It's not really a bug, it's caused by lag. Gliding/movement is client side while updrafts require a request/response from the server, so if you cut your connection while in a updraft for example, you'll infinitely fly upwards. Since the boundary in this instance is just above the updraft, anyone with a higher or unstable ping is likely to fly too high and be kicked. It would be trivial to fix by adding an invisible wall, but it's such a low priority that it'll likely never happen unless Steam causes a new flood of complaints.

I'm in OCX. Maybe they could just give us and the SEA players automatic achievement credit.

You don't have to glide at all. One of the NPC's provides an immunity bubble. (Though this may depend on your choices of who take take into the instance?).

I just ran through story again last week and didn't bother gliding.

Not sure if the protection bubble is there in challenge mode for Migraine though