Steam release and dungeons - perfect opportunity to make some quick changes

With the steam release coming up, I think it is a perfect opportunity for Anet to make some quick changes.While revamping dungeons might be a lot of work, the rewards should be easy to upgrade.

For example: Adding a token of Accession - deadly blossom, would allow that gear to be upgraded.It could cost 750 and would could help to revitalize the dungeons in the game and be a nice way for both new and old players to get back into them.The only restriction they should put is that all explore modes are LVL 80 only.

Ascended gear is already given away like candy these days so why not just add it to the dungeon vendor as well?Dungeons are for a lot of people a walk in the park but for new players, they can be a good middle-ground.

I personally do not see the issue with adding this kind of token, it would only revitalize a part of the game. It might not have the biggest impact but it would be nice to see more groups again doing this content :)

Well... if u add ascended items to dungeons for the same currency for each dungeon then u would simply revive dungeons and kill/inefficient the other ways to earn ascended items.It would bring elitism/kp req/li req to dungeons bec raid/elite/toxic players ( watever u call us) want to speed clear dungeons and gear up their characters in ascendeds so wen the new player opens lfg and gets kicked 8 times for joining these groups and some ppl being toxic to them for not knowing wat LI/KP is they would lose interest and struggle to find groups and probably leave it... while raiders simply gear their characters in a few weeks and leave the content as it is bec they dont need ascendeds anymore... BOOM now its as ded as it is now.But i agree that the dungeons need better rewards and should be upgraded overall to teach new players good stuff but not ascended items to carry them

No the change that needs to be done is shity player attitude.

I make a group for daily Citadel of Flame, title of LFG was "P3 - chill run for daily"

I am support tempest, a guardian joins, then a scourge. The next player to join, while we are still the the start of the dungeon (we have not even spoken to the NPC to start the run) proceeds to flame us for using useless condi builds, laughs and people start leaving the group as well as he did.

What you need is reports for such kind of behavior that chops a few heads off swiftly in hopes that this shity attitude stops at last. If you somehow make dungeon rewards more valuable this attitude problem is going to intensify and new people will just abandon dungeon runs and possibly the game, burying the game on Steam reviews on their way out!

@Tayga.3192 said:What if armor and weapons were stat selectable

This would be cool, but would probably run counter to design pretty hard. I have tens of thousands of AC tears, and I'd just spam buy those armors for selectable boxes. I think new players would often end up doing the same, spamming the easiest paths to earn currency for selectable armor. Not sure the dungeon looks are all good enough to entice ppl to run them for skins. So yes, more people might run dungeons, but probably just the same ones. Right now, as dungeon frequenter is pretty much the sole major reward, that at least enforces 8 paths.

@Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:Or at least combine lfg for dungeon. I feel like it will help.

Combine? as in have an LFG for anyone looking to do every single dungeon? I guess that could work since people can specify what they're doing in the description, but with the number of people who just don't seem to be able to read LFG listings, I vote against this. I'll get 10000x more random joins with no clue, and it'll take 10 mins just to herd them to the dungeon (even with offers of TP to friend, many new folks don't even have them). No thanks.

@voltaicbore.8012 said:

This would be cool, but would probably run counter to design pretty hard. I have tens of thousands of AC tears, and I'd just spam buy those armors for selectable boxes. I think new players would often end up doing the same, spamming the easiest paths to earn currency for selectable armor.That would still be selectable
exotic
armor. So, nothing to be excited about. At this point making the current dungeon gear be stat-selectable would not be a bad idea at all.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

This would be cool, but would probably run counter to design pretty hard. I have tens of thousands of AC tears, and I'd just spam buy those armors for selectable boxes. I think new players would often end up doing the same, spamming the easiest paths to earn currency for selectable armor.That would still be selectable
exotic
armor. So, nothing to be excited about. At this point making the current dungeon gear be stat-selectable would not be a bad idea at all.

True, it wouldn't be a gamebreaker. It would just be out of line with how long it takes to get a stat selectable exotic piece from, say, the end of a pvp reward track. Then again, pve rewards do come faster as a general rule, so I guess that wouldn't be too much of a stretch either.

I'd still find another source of selectable exotics exciting, always nice to have another path to easy buildcraft. I'm still lacking a light legendary armor set, so for maximum laziness I still have to dip into my supply of Crystal Desert Armor Boxes to try any builds that incorporate 4-stat combinations.