Random Dungeon/Fractal queue system

Faith.3807

I'm sure this has been asked about before, but what are people's opinions on a queue system, similar to this game's PvP Arenas queue system, but for Dungeons and Fractals?

I realize it would be a lot of coding and more complex than it appears on the surface: role queues, checking AR for fractals, dungeons with multiple wings, etc....

My personal opinion is that this would be a good addition to the game and would cause dungeons, at least, to see more activity.

Not worth it IMO. This system already exists to some degree in strikes and it is never used, even for the easy strikes that dont need healers. People like to have some degree of control over who they group with, especially for harder content that needs specific roles to complete quickly and smoothly.

It might be functional for dungeons and low level fractals but I still dont see what it would achieve that lfg fails to do.

Making the dungeon LFG more visible by condensing it, and adding a 'watch' to lfg tabs would have a much bigger qol upgrade than a queue system in my personal opinion.

@Faith.3807 said:I'm sure this has been asked about before, but what are people's opinions on a queue system, similar to this game's PvP Arenas queue system, but for Dungeons and Fractals?

I realize it would be a lot of coding and more complex than it appears on the surface: role queues, checking AR for fractals, dungeons with multiple wings, etc....

My personal opinion is that this would be a good addition to the game and would cause dungeons, at least, to see more activity.

The system works in PVP arenas because it has matchmaking, making sure players of similar skill levels are in the same team. Yes I typed this with a straight face, but in principle THAT's what the matchmaker does, even if it... fails spectacularly at times. Regardless of the failings of the matchmaker, can you imagine the PVP queue without ANY matchmaking? Madness.

@Faith.3807 said:I'm sure this has been asked about before, but what are people's opinions on a queue system, similar to this game's PvP Arenas queue system, but for Dungeons and Fractals?

And in what way would Arenanet benefit from players spending more time on discontinued legacy content?