Kicked from a Strike Mission, Commander won't give a reason.

I was looking around searching for a potential repeated behaviour. Couldn't find other cases on reddit or forum but here is what happened to some players including me. We (not premade) joined an LFG group for "Forging steel". Commander and an other person (lets call him X) stay alone in subgroup 2, all those who joined in sub1. No talks, rather fast clear for a random group, we're at the boss in 20 mins. Now, right before the boss fight, X kicks everybody out of the strike mission. No talk was done through the whole length of the mission, and the only person slacking was the commander who did not exit the tank once during the strike, i was just thinking it was maybe his first time doing it or that he was lazy; I didn't really care as we progressed anyway. So the 8 people who carried this mission got kicked without any reason, and wasted 20 minutes because of this premade toxic behaviour. It could be that they wanted to spend more time on the boss achievement, or just that it was fun for them to grief, maybe even to make room for possible friends/other accounts (the premades could just aswell have been a single player).

Now, i blocked the 2 accounts behind this deed, and so did the other players who got kicked and that i could reach. We all reported them, and I fancied writting a ticket with screens to A.Net support thinking i could prevent those people from ruining game experience for other people. Their answer was: "join a party you trust, squad leaders can kick if they want it's their decision". First, i wonder how I can join only a party I trust when the "lfg tool" is basically made to setup groups between people who don't know each others. And second, I was expecting a little bit more than "your loss, we support this kind of behaviour". I don't think it would take too much effort to track repeated toxic behaviour of this kind and prevent people who abuse from LFG to use the tool for a certain amount of time? I'm not asking for a ban, but how many people will he/they fool without any consequences because reports won't be taken into account and everybody seem to believe it is a normal way of behaving? I understand that commanders must be free to kick people who abuse/are unwanted in the group compo/etc without the fear of getting punished for it.. but this was none of the above, and because it is an exceptional event does not mean it shouldn't be monitored.

I hope this post wasn't too long/heated to read and that my broken english did not butcher it. I wanted to write this so that if other people got wronged in the same way there is a proof something is going on and that it's not just a "one timer", even though I would prefer for it to be this way.

@"Gaalim Cauchemar de Dragon.1498" said:I was looking around searching for a potential repeated behaviour. Couldn't find other cases on reddit or forum but here is what happened to some players including me. We (not premade) joined an LFG group for "Forging steel". Commander and an other person (lets call him X) stay alone in subgroup 2, all those who joined in sub1. No talks, rather fast clear for a random group, we're at the boss in 20 mins. Now, right before the boss fight, X kicks everybody out of the strike mission. No talk was done through the whole length of the mission, and the only person slacking was the commander who did not exit the tank once during the strike, i was just thinking it was maybe his first time doing it or that he was lazy; I didn't really care as we progressed anyway. So the 8 people who carried this mission got kicked without any reason, and wasted 20 minutes because of this premade toxic behaviour. It could be that they wanted to spend more time on the boss achievement, or just that it was fun for them to grief, maybe even to make room for possible friends/other accounts (the premades could just aswell have been a single player).

Now, i blocked the 2 accounts behind this deed, and so did the other players who got kicked and that i could reach. We all reported them, and I fancied writting a ticket with screens to A.Net support thinking i could prevent those people from ruining game experience for other people. Their answer was: "join a party you trust, squad leaders can kick if they want it's their decision". First, i wonder how I can join only a party I trust when the "lfg tool" is basically made to setup groups between people who don't know each others. And second, I was expecting a little bit more than "your loss, we support this kind of behaviour". I don't think it would take too much effort to track repeated toxic behaviour of this kind and prevent people who abuse from LFG to use the tool for a certain amount of time? I'm not asking for a ban, but how many people will he/they fool without any consequences because reports won't be taken into account and everybody seem to believe it is a normal way of behaving? I understand that commanders must be free to kick people who abuse/are unwanted in the group compo/etc without the fear of getting punished for it.. but this was none of the above, and because it is an exceptional event does not mean it shouldn't be monitored.

I hope this post wasn't too long/heated to read and that my broken english did not butcher it. I wanted to write this so that if other people got wronged in the same way there is a proof something is going on and that it's not just a "one timer", even though I would prefer for it to be this way.

I think this is quite a different issue. That is clearly a person exploiting a group of people for their own gain, and is not okay at all. That should be punishable, and Anet's response to that is a bit of a joke.

Imo it's different from the OP in this thread. If they were just giving superspeed to the tank, the commander likely thought they weren't helping (as it isn't necessary) and that they were leeching what was described as a speed run. The dick move is to not have said anything to the person instead of kicking them, however I don't think that warrants punishment.

Making commanders scared to kick people that aren't contributing is not going to improve the LFG experience for anyone. Intentionally keeping bad players in your group because you're scared they'll report you is going to impact everyone in a squad and make it a worse experience overall.

well on 100 strikes i got situation similar to that 2-3 times on steel

in my couse, commander kicked 3-4ppl from steel to add guild mates to get end chestalso he not gived reason as he not speaked english (i noticed that ppl he invited had same guild as his)

As i was 10ppl army superspeed scrapper ther with posibility to fight 10-12 mobs alone, i just throwed and thay lost to basic mobs

commander after that started spam pm to me "puta" multiple times but i don't knowed what that mean

other sytuation was that person was in tank whole run or semi-afk not moving when around was demons to kill, i understend dc, but she did it 3 times in row

last situation was when somone spamed on chat about blacklivematers when other at group asked to not bring policit to the game, so he got kicked aftet not stoping spreading propaganda

groups for no reason on a regular basis, I do not see how we can punish someone for running their group how they see fit.

if your in same squad, you can punsh commander actions be just leaving squad as well than put info on lfg "not join xxx group, commander is toxic"after that commander is forced to pass group or only bad ppl who not read lfg join him

I got kicked out before too so you are not alone. why even bother to waste your time to ask the cmd who doesn't treat you with respect, why the kick etc? I wouldn't lower myself to that lvl to insist an answer. totally waste of energy and time.. better use it somewhere else. move on. plenty of other lfg.

• 4 weeks later...

@"Gaalim Cauchemar de Dragon.1498" said:I was looking around searching for a potential repeated behaviour. Couldn't find other cases on reddit or forum but here is what happened to some players including me. We (not premade) joined an LFG group for "Forging steel". Commander and an other person (lets call him X) stay alone in subgroup 2, all those who joined in sub1. No talks, rather fast clear for a random group, we're at the boss in 20 mins. Now, right before the boss fight, X kicks everybody out of the strike mission. No talk was done through the whole length of the mission, and the only person slacking was the commander who did not exit the tank once during the strike, i was just thinking it was maybe his first time doing it or that he was lazy; I didn't really care as we progressed anyway. So the 8 people who carried this mission got kicked without any reason, and wasted 20 minutes because of this premade toxic behaviour. It could be that they wanted to spend more time on the boss achievement, or just that it was fun for them to grief, maybe even to make room for possible friends/other accounts (the premades could just aswell have been a single player).

Sounds like the commander is exploiting/taking advantage of others. The conduct is close to a "scam" and spreads negativity. No way to identify such behavior/players behaviour before hand. Its a risk to take with PUG & LFG. Only can block/ban the offender to prevent rejoining the same group/minimize such scenario from repeating. The response you got from Anet support was... inappropriate (imo). Should be a punishable offence, if investigated and proven true.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Deepcuts.9740 said:I only read the 1st 10-15 replies. Some suggest blocking.Didn't block just prevent the player from whispering you and seeing their messages in map chat, but did nothing squad/party wise?

Yes, blocking is a very limited tool. It can't prevent you from grouping up with someone you have blocked.

That's only partially right, it does help a bit, because if you block this sort of commanders, you won't see their squads in the lfg anymore (only counts if the blocked person is the commander). For groups, I think it works too, but only as long as the blocked person is alone in the group.

@Schimmi.6872 said:

@Deepcuts.9740 said:I only read the 1st 10-15 replies. Some suggest blocking.Didn't block just prevent the player from whispering you and seeing their messages in map chat, but did nothing squad/party wise?

Yes, blocking is a very limited tool. It can't prevent you from grouping up with someone you have blocked.

That's only partially right, it does help a bit, because if you block this sort of commanders, you won't see their squads in the lfg anymore (only counts if the blocked person is the commander). For groups, I think it works too, but only as long as the blocked person is alone in the group.

You do see them in lfg, we got afew blocked people joining our raid groups.

@Linken.6345 said:

You do see them in lfg, we got afew blocked people joining our raid groups.

Yes, they can see you, but that's not what I wrote. For the lfg only your own blocklist counts, so only if the block was mutual, they won't see your lfg.Not the best solution, but the flaws of the block-system are another story

@Azertah.5804 said:

@Azertah.5804 said:As the Commander/Kicker didn't state any reason as to why i got kicked it's next to impossible for me to figure it out. After a while of joining & rejoining Commy seemed to be content with the situation. However as a final insult right after we finish the last boss fight commander kicks me out of the group making it impossible for me to get the end chests. Pretty dirty move if you ask me.The fact you repeatedly joined after being kicked is a giant red flag and leads me to believe you aren't telling the whole story here.

I've stated what happened, as it happened. Had I wanted to manipulate the facts I could've just left the fact of repeated joining out of the post. To explain why I acted the way I did, let me ask you how much you value your time? Do you care if people waste your time or not? Can you let your work/effort go down the drain when presented with a way to recover it?

I know it's not fair/reasonable to keep joining the same group, but the kick wasn't reasonable either. Two wrongs dont make a right, but I had an opportunity to salvage my time and partly succeeded in it. Commander/kicker could've just given me a reply explaining something I did wrong and I could've accepted that, but no. Commander being unable to give me valid response makes me feel like it's very likely the kick was only based on malice. Other player being kicked also whispered me explaining that they too weren't given any reason as to why, and as such urged me to report the person. However as I wasn't certain on the reporting it prompted me to post the thread to see if I could do anything about the situation or not.

You wasted more time rejoining the group. My time is worth something but so is my self respect. If someone kicks me from a group, I don't want to be part of that group, because kitten them. I'll find a group that likes/wants me. I don't know their group. I mean it's a half an hour wasted? 20 minutes? How long are we really talking about. How much time did you end up wasting? How are you feeling now at the end of the story? You don't sound happy and satisfied to me.

There's an expression, throwing good money after bad. It's when you invest in something that doesn't pay off, and because you've already invested you keep throwing more money at it, in spite of that fact that you really should know it's not going to pay off. People do this all the time, but I've learned through life not to. It was a valuable lesson for me.

A leopard might change it's spots, but you just can't count on it, and definitely shouldn't bet on it. If you invested and wasted a bit of time, wasting more time won't solve your problem.

@Vayne.8563 said:

You wasted more time rejoining the group. My time is worth something but so is my self respect. If someone kicks me from a group, I don't want to be part of that group, because kitten them. I'll find a group that likes/wants me. I don't know their group. I mean it's a half an hour wasted? 20 minutes? How long are we really talking about. How much time did you end up wasting? How are you feeling now at the end of the story? You don't sound happy and satisfied to me.

There's an expression, throwing good money after bad. It's when you invest in something that doesn't pay off, and because you've already invested you keep throwing more money at it, in spite of that fact that you really should know it's not going to pay off. People do this all the time, but I've learned through life not to. It was a valuable lesson for me.

A leopard might change it's spots, but you just can't count on it, and definitely shouldn't bet on it. If you invested and wasted a bit of time, wasting more time won't solve your problem.

On that day, now almost 3 months ago I did manage to accomplish what I set out to do. I only had to run that strike 1 time in the end, so I dont consider that time being wasted. Could the situation have been better for me? Yes but I still got the bare minimum of what I wanted to do.

I'll note here thanks to the results of the toxic commander. I've stepped off from doing forging steel strike at all anymore, I just dont want to go trough that experience anymore seeing how toxic people can be even in strike missions. Can't even imagine how bad the situation is in raids.

Thanks for your post, but like I said in the start of this post it's been almost 3 months now. Time let this display of player hate to rest.

@Azertah.5804 said:

I'll note here thanks to the results of the toxic commander. I've stepped off from doing forging steel strike at all anymore, I just dont want to go trough that experience anymore seeing how toxic people can be even in strike missions. Can't even imagine how bad the situation is in raids.

Heh I had no idea how old this thread was until you noted it, OP.

It really isn't that bad in raids. Given the hassle of filling spots, I find most raid commanders only kick when it's absolutely apparent that someone needs to be replaced. And in training runs (which do happen quite frequently), there is no kicking of this sort, only for the extremely rare case of super toxic behavior.

I agree with those who've noted that (1) the commander was likely wrong to kick you, especially without explanation, but (2) your repeated re-joining is the only thing to blame for all your wasted time after the initial kick. The writing was on the wall - not worth rejoining such groups.

@Azertah.5804 said:

A leopard might change it's spots, but you just can't count on it, and definitely shouldn't bet on it. If you invested and wasted a bit of time, wasting more time won't solve your problem.I'll note here thanks to the results of the toxic commander. I've stepped off from doing forging steel strike at all anymore, I just dont want to go trough that experience anymore seeing how toxic people can be even in strike missions. Can't even imagine how bad the situation is in raids.

A sensible choice to make. If you don‘t enjoy something for any reason, there‘s no reason to force yourself through it.Play the content you enjoy, it is your free time, after all. No one should dictate how you spend it.

I know only your part of the story so I cannot tell, why you were kicked (someone had you probably blocked or something) and I agree that the commander should state the reason for the kick, but if you were just rejoining the same group you deserved to be kicked at the end and there should be an option to prevent players from rejoining, because ppl like you are just anxiously annoying. Sorry if you get offended, but it's true.. Many times a friend had to leave the squad because I was asking for chrono or something and this bearbow ranger kept on filling last spot in the squad, so friend had to leave for the squad to be 9/10 with the bb ranger and after chrono joined I kicked ranger and invited the friend. If you kept on rejoining I can't even feel sorry for you, mate. I know no decent player who would do such a thing because we all know how abnoxious that is for the whole squad.

@Azertah.5804 said:Can I do anything to hold these players responsible?

Perhaps after the first kick, you should have blocked the commander and went about your business elsewhere instead of rejoining a group with a commander that doesn't want you in it.

How do I avoid groups like these in the future, seems like russian roulette if you ask me.

Don't rejoin groups that kick you.

@Ogwom.7940 said:@"Cyninja.2954" Now it seems you are shifting the blame on the victim.If someone was just robbed, would you say, "Well you were walking by yourself out at night, and you only weigh 100 pounds... so you have to understand the robber couldn't help themselves and that they had a long work day."?

Accidentally lean against a stove once and get burned, sure, the person who left it on or covered the 'hot surface' indicator light is at fault. Repeatedly leaning against stoves afterwords without checking if it's been on recently only to get burned again, though, that's when it starts to become the user's fault.

The issue isn't about the commander getting bullied, it is about OP.You have to understand, just because you haven't experienced a person kicking another for no reason other than they are toxic and get enjoyment out of it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I mean this is Steel Strike... super easy, yet long and doesn't require raid build rotations.The kick is totally unwarranted unless OP was verbally assaulting the commander.

You have to understand that we only have OP's side of the story and, without any evidence in the form of raw chatlogs or otherwise, we can't confirm OP's story.

@Cerioth.7062 I don't know how we would punish it. And yes, we already know we can block and form your own group, but that is still ignoring the issue.I mean it's not like we run in to these people all the time, but there are a few bad apples. It just sucks that someone goes unpunished for kitten behavior and that the only solution is to block and move on.

What more do you want? Them to be permanently banned from the game for kicking someone from their group who then complains about it on the forums/reddit/anywhere else? It's the commander's group, they're allowed to do what they want. If they're a jerk and toxic, block them and you won't see their LFG postings again.

I feel like quite a few people here don't even want to give OP the benefit of the doubt.It's like almost as if they are conditioned to think every time someone posts a complaint of being bullied, it is automatically their fault. Of course it is a case by case situation, though it's like not many people want to give that chance.

Again, you have to understand that we only have OP's side of the story and, without any evidence in the form of raw chatlogs or otherwise, we can't confirm OP's story.

@"Sir Alymer.3406" said:

I feel like quite a few people here don't even want to give OP the benefit of the doubt.It's like almost as if they are conditioned to think every time someone posts a complaint of being bullied, it is automatically their fault. Of course it is a case by case situation, though it's like not many people want to give that chance.

Again, you have to understand that we only have OP's side of the story and, without any evidence in the form of raw chatlogs or otherwise, we can't confirm OP's story.

I can't imagine how the game would be if someone's "claims" on a forum where used to punish other players. Total madness.But for players like the OP it should be an easy fix, don't allow blocked players to join/troll your squad

@"maddoctor.2738" said:I can't imagine how the game would be if someone's "claims" on a forum where used to punish other players. Total madness.But for players like the OP it should be an easy fix, don't allow blocked players to join/troll your squad

I don't think it's unreasonable to hold players accountable for their toxic actions, if people are deliberately abusing players/systems something should be done about it. I dont understand why you want to promote/justify toxic actions.

FYI:

1. I never asked the players to be punished based on a forum post. I wanted to know if I personally had anything in my power to make things right, such as reporting them ingame and what report category I should use.

2. In an earlier post I already acknowledged that it wasn't right to keep joining the same group. Im a stubborn person so I won't let people take advantage of me like that. I dont see why you come here in hindsight just to be rude about it.

3. If this case ever becomes relevant the ingame logs will prove my point. Right now it's pointless to Argue either way. You're free to not believe me, but it wont change the reality of the situation.

Thanks for your interest.

@Azertah.5804 said:

@"maddoctor.2738" said:I can't imagine how the game would be if someone's "claims" on a forum where used to punish other players. Total madness.But for players like the OP it should be an easy fix, don't allow blocked players to join/troll your squad

I don't think it's unreasonable to hold players accountable for their toxic actions, if people are deliberately abusing players/systems something should be done about it. I dont understand why you want to promote/justify toxic actions.

FYI:
  1. I never asked the players to be punished based on a forum post. I wanted to know if I personally had anything in my power to make things right, such as reporting them ingame and what report category I should use.
  2. In an earlier post I already acknowledged that it wasn't right to keep joining the same group. Im a stubborn person so I won't let people take advantage of me like that. I dont see why you come here in hindsight just to be rude about it.
  3. If this case ever becomes relevant the ingame logs will prove my point. Right now it's pointless to Argue either way. You're free to not believe me, but it wont change the reality of the situation.

Thanks for your interest.

You are totaly correct the OP should have been more punished for repeatingly joining the group putting stress on the commander.