Decap engi is probably the most degen class rn

Dantheman.3589

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Poledra Val.1490 said:To be blunt Engineer as a class right now is utterly busted, its beyond my understanding why Anet does not balance this entire class properly.

Not true, considering all elites and core specs, core engi is the worst of all of them, funny enough its elites can make up for all that and pull themselves to top tier list.

Tbh they have to overkill holo and kinda nerf scrapper to slowly buff core to bring all 3 of them up together, otherwise one or another elite will end up busted with any attempt of buffing core

That’s not true at all decap core engi is good enough to play in ats or ranked at a fairly high level and as such is leaps and bounds ahead of core specs like mes war rev and ele

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Poledra Val.1490 said:To be blunt Engineer as a class right now is utterly busted, its beyond my understanding why Anet does not balance this entire class properly.

Not true, considering all elites and core specs, core engi is the worst of all of them, funny enough its elites can make up for all that and pull themselves to top tier list.

Tbh they have to overkill holo and kinda nerf scrapper to slowly buff core to bring all 3 of them up together, otherwise one or another elite will end up busted with any attempt of buffing core

That’s not true at all decap core engi is good enough to play in ats or ranked at a fairly high level and as such is leaps and bounds ahead of core specs like mes war rev and ele

I was not aware of this build, do you know how is it like?

@Khalisto.5780 said:

Just use battering ram, throw mine and offhand shield. It’s insanely high knockback uptime + it has the option to rip through stab, so even if it’s not great it’ll win the side node 1v1 just by decapping and keeping the enemy unable to do damage through the knockbacks

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Just use battering ram, throw mine and offhand shield. It’s insanely high knockback uptime + it has the option to rip through stab, so even if it’s not great it’ll win the side node 1v1 just by decapping and keeping the enemy unable to do damage through the knockbacks

It seems cancer, i like it

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@"Norbe.7630" said:engi is op, too op, too fast

It's a 2v1. All I can see on this video is someone running into a 2v1 and dying like an open world NPC... therefore irrelevant to the discussion whether engi specs are strong or not. Extra dishonesty points for not showing the damage breakdown at the end.

longer video on how OP engi is :) enjoy(recorded at 60fps, played at 144fps)

@Norbe.7630 said:

@Norbe.7630 said:engi is op, too op, too fast

It's a 2v1. All I can see on this video is someone running into a 2v1 and dying like an open world NPC... therefore irrelevant to the discussion whether engi specs are strong or not. Extra dishonesty points for not showing the damage breakdown at the end.

You are using scepter, IH and you're dodging offensive

@Tharan.9085 said:

You are using scepter, IH and you're dodging offensive

Now you know why engis can be OP tooglad i recorded that fightbut at the start i forgot to record on how the engi is faster to decap its like 0.5 second from spawn to a point then starts decapping

well anyway, i dont look at my toons when on a battle, i look at the enemies :)

@Starbreaker.6507 said:I think decap anything might start becoming the new meta as thing shifts along.

I've seen EU experimenting with a decap Druid that, while not the same level of stupidity of the engi builds, is pretty annoying to play against.

I think na beat you too it. Someone played a knockback only druid in the mota, hence the mine cart memes because someone stood in a mine cart to stop them from decapping them followed by said person crying and accusing ppl of cheating

@Norbe.7630 said:

So you edited clips of you dying to an ele twice togheter with you killing said engi once. Nice troll.

@Norbe.7630 said:

I like that hit at 0:58. My favourite "hit even though you're out of range".

I like that hit at 0:58. My favourite "hit even though you're out of range".

its hard to say, camera at that angle can be REALLY deceptive

@Starbreaker.6507 said:I think decap anything might start becoming the new meta as thing shifts along.

I've seen EU experimenting with a decap Druid that, while not the same level of stupidity of the engi builds, is pretty annoying to play against.

The issue is that bunkers are too tanky and can delay you for to long while gaining points the entire time. Their only quick counter is decap cc builds as killing them takes far too long regardless of either players skill.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:The typical decap engi is weak to decent condi pressure (think condi druid / rev / mirage) as well as being outnumbered. Tried this last night and it was great.

mirage is not good against decap engi, they generate too much barrier through hitting clones, and mirage lacks sustained damage to push them off

Condi mirage is good. Ive only seen 2 real decap engis (Not FT or Nade but real decap engi) and they dont have many condi cleanses. They have some resistance (4 sec) and 1 maybe 2 small condi clears.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:The typical decap engi is weak to decent condi pressure (think condi druid / rev / mirage) as well as being outnumbered. Tried this last night and it was great.

mirage is not good against decap engi, they generate too much barrier through hitting clones, and mirage lacks sustained damage to push them off

Condi mirage is good. Ive only seen 2 real decap engis (Not FT or Nade but real decap engi) and they dont have many condi cleanses. They have some resistance (4 sec) and 1 maybe 2 small condi clears.

I know, but I also know that you dont have to cleanse anything against condi mirage.you wait through confusion burst, and barriers outsustain any sustained damage mirage has.I played the matchup, I watched other play it. Mirage cant win unless serious big fuckups happen on engi side.