Wonder how would the community react if Mistforged Hero's weapons could be converted to Legendary

Ultramex.1506

It would be nice , but honestly at this point the first thing that should be changed is the sham that is grandmaster mark shards.

If this was implemented then maxed WvW titles that require effort (i.e. not spend supply) should probably reward ascended mistforged hero weapon boxes too (in order to add actual value to them).

The major barrier to this happening is the 1st gen legendary weapons on Trading Post.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:WvW instances probably have by far the highest concentration of legendary geared players and that includes the cities.

So I fail to see the need.

If that was the case, wouldn't WvW then also be the place where you would be the most excluded from the norm, the least competetive and flexible - while the mode by nature is competetive (as in playing against...) and demanding of flexibility - if you did not have what most other people already have?

I'm not saying that the mode necessarily needs more legendaries, but the argument that the mode is "endgame" in any sense isn't valid to maintain barriers of entry, especially not when the mode is bleeding. That needs to be seen.

@knite.1542 said:The community will have a negative reaction to pretty much anything that does or does not benefit them.This comment made my year because it sums up these forums in one sentence. This is the reason why we cannot have nice things in every area of the game. Instead of supporting each others ideas we would rather throw them in a fire just to watch them burn.

I would like to see every legendary weapon type, armor type, ring, accessory, amulet obtainable in every area of the game. Make the legendary items different enough so you know what game mode they came from. Let the people play the way they want and still get the rewards they desire.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@knite.1542 said:The community will have a negative reaction to pretty much anything that does or does not benefit them.

In addition to that:

The PvE community would scream bloody murder unless they could get them by not playing WvW.

If there's no additional skin attached to it, I don't see how it's any issue. The existing mistforged hero weapons don't even have a rank requirement. It's literally one week of maxed tickets and one reward track.

Of course, unless Arenanet wants to bankrupt WvW players (as lower than T5 materials are scarce), then the Gift of Fortune type recipe for 1st gen legendaries (and Warbringer) is more appropriate than Mystic Tribute type recipes as used in Conflux and legendary WvW armor. It's pretty much a given that it would require Gift of Conquering if implemented and if the WvW Emblems are to be of more use then it would likely require Gift of the World as well.

To put it into perspective there's a 2800 skirmish ticket requirement for Warbringer and 1850-2200 skirmish ticket requirement for Conflux.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:WvW instances probably have
by far
the highest concentration of legendary geared players and that includes the cities.

Armor? Yeah maybe.Weapons? Doubt it.Except its the weapons you see, not the armor...

And oh yes, I have capped random camps on DBL during off time with 3-4 random players and we still have all legendary weapons and probably twice that not seen.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

by far
the highest concentration of legendary geared players and that includes the cities.

Armor? Yeah maybe.Weapons? Doubt it.Except its the weapons you see, not the armor...

And oh yes, I have capped random camps on DBL during off time with 3-4 random players and we still have all legendary weapons and probably twice that not seen.

I could say the same thing about pve new LS maps.

@Dawdler.8521 said:WvW instances probably have by far the highest concentration of legendary geared players and that includes the cities.

Well i see an alternative way to get legendary equipment by playing the game mode you like, and i'm not like those PvE'er that want Gift of Battle removed from WvW, No! You still need to farm PvEBefore PvP/WvW armor, i can either raid or don't raid, but now i have more options. For weapons, where else can you get them beside PvE? Adding wvw weapons now might be a bit late but still a nice alternate option for WvW'ers.The only problem i see here is that while PvE'ers have to grind or bought from TP for a precursor, WvW'er can just play for 1 week to get a precursor

@Ultramex.1506 said:Similar to legendary armors, you can get legendary weapons without needing to do PvE most of the time, i'll be fine with it since i only care about easy stats swapping.

Anger and the demand of WvW being removed. They already do this in general~ So Id assume they'd want blood more than they do now as we to them are evil trolls bent on ganking and destroying their safe-space.

@Ultramex.1506 said:

by far

Well i see an alternative way to get legendary equipment by playing the game mode you like, and i'm not like those PvE'er that want Gift of Battle removed from WvW, No! You still need to farm PvEBefore PvP/WvW armor, i can either raid or don't raid, but now i have more options. For weapons, where else can you get them beside PvE? Adding wvw weapons now might be a bit late but still a nice alternate option for WvW'ers.The only problem i see here is that while PvE'ers have to grind or bought from TP for a precursor, WvW'er can just play for 1 week to get a precursor

What kind of logic is that? Some of the precursors are below 100g. You could easily get that in below one week of PvE, even less than half a day if you play this game like a job and only in high gold/hour zones.

There's also plenty of people that convert gems to gold because their time is more valuable than the average player.

Also your assumption is that the upgrade from ascended to legendary won't be time consuming. That's definitely false because if you look at WvW legendary armor (1095 tickets per piece) , Conflux (1850 tickets at a minimum), and Warbringer (2800 tickets) that isn't the case at all.

And no, PvP does not NEED legendary weapons (key word = NEED) or armor. There you are able to swap stats instantly via PvP amulets.

@Infusion.7149 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:WvW instances probably have
by far

What kind of logic is that? Some of the precursors are below 100g. You could easily get that in below one week of PvE, even
less than half a day
if you play this game like a job and only in high gold/hour zones.

There's also plenty of people that convert gems to gold because their
time
is more valuable than the average player.

Well i apply this logic as someone who has little time and also doesn't want to spend money so forgive my ignorance

Also your assumption is that the upgrade from ascended to legendary won't be time consuming. That's definitely false because if you look at WvW legendary armor (1095 tickets per piece) , Conflux (1850 tickets at a minimum), and Warbringer (2800 tickets) that isn't the case at all.

When did i "assume" that? I only said getting a precursor in WvW would take 1 week, no RNG no gem/gold no tp, you also need 3 days to craft grandmaster marks (who would play for 4 weeks just to get 1 mark?) it took me 4 weeks for 1 armor piece so i know how time consuming it is

I doubt Anet would, because the PvP and WvW armor were more to give those players an alternate path (and skins to some extent) to the singular raid legendary set.

With weapons there is no gate keeping behind raids (which not everyone plays) and weapons are plentiful in terms of gen 1s (which anyone can buy directly or effectively buy through precursors and crafting the rest) and gen 2s and 2.5s that come with collections and require more actual PvE to complete unlike the gen 1s.

In a semi-related note, we are still missing legendary infusions. If they ever implement legendary infusions (with stat swapping and both Agony Resistance and WvW bonuses) then we might see a two tier setup with a WvW set and a PvE fractal set, with a third version where you combine them to get both bonuses at the same time.