Jewellers need some love in the next expansion

Here's what I think about it , see https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1206170#Comment_1206170

If they add Jeweler 500, there should be a way to make attuned + infused rings for people not doing fractals , WvW , or PvP. Mist Band is available through those 3 methods.

Rings : a way to obtain infused rings without grinding random fractal drops (mist essences or infused rings themselves) or buying mist band (which isn't immediately available to newer players)

This is far more important for condition builds (viper/trailblazer), healing builds (harrier/minstrel/marshal/etc), support builds not running core Tyria statsJewels : ascended doesn't use jewels , so the obvious answer is a non fractal / WvW way to get +5 stat infusions ; this would also help people do raids that don't do fractals

• right now there's +5 stat infusions with +5/7/9 AR : the +5AR version is available for raid currency
  • there's +4 stat infusions with 0AR available for laurels
  • you can obtain +5 stat infusions from vanity infusions such as the ones from halloween
  • currently +16 infusion trades in for five of a +5 stat infusion with +9AR

(This is unlikely as infusion crafting is for artificers currently)

Amulets: not sure what can be done there short of having a legendary PvE amulet that requires Gift of Battle and/or strike/raidAccessories/Trinkets: not sure what can be done there since openworld has trinkets and you can get them for guild commendations , maybe an item to stat change Core Tyria trinkets in the Mystic ForgeBackpiece: Ascended backpieces exist in craftable form already , but perhaps an alternate method to get second infusion slot besides legendary backpiece / Gift of Ascension (500 fractal relics)

• Bough of Melandru is an outlier

Optional: a way to combine PvE + WvW stat infusions so that you don't need a dedicated equipment template to properly use WvW infusions

Economic Impact : having additional uses for Xunlai Electrum Ingot or other gold ingot/silver ingot/copper ingot sinks is a plus

Jewelers should be able to craft infusions with stat bonuses and also bonuses to other things such as magic find or xp etc, I would like to make +5 Power +1 Magic find infusions, a full set would only add 18% magic find which I think is fair, they should also require a large amount of exotic essence of luck to craft.

@Vavume.8065 said:Jewelers should be able to craft infusions with stat bonuses and also bonuses to other things such as magic find or xp etc, I would like to make +5 Power +1 Magic find infusions, a full set would only add 18% magic find which I think is fair, they should also require a large amount of exotic essence of luck to craft.

They probably won't repeat the mistake of adding magic find gear , which existed pre-Sept 2013 (Pillaging , Wayfarer , Traveler , Explorer , etc). If you recall in core we had magic find gear and people were using it over full damage gear due to hope of better drops.That's likely a fool's errand as you need something akin to 1000% magic find to always have better drops. Back when unid gear relied on magic find I believe it was a 600% magic find target just for that particular item.

Any magic find would likely be from boosters or from enrichments (there's no stat enrichments , only bonuses to WXP/XP/Magic Find/karma/etc).

You'd also end up with stat creep again (unless it's only to reach +5 stats as existing cosmetic & WVW infusions), even if it is not functional power creep per say. It wouldn't make sense to have infusions appear in two crafting disciplines so ultimately I feel the likely methodology is to introduce ascended infused rings + backpieces (the only exception to requiring fractal relics in the current iteration of the game is Bough of Melandru for ~100g) to people not doing fractal content. Ascended accessories and amulets are already readily available even if you do not do fractals so it comes down to infused backpieces + rings.

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:Jewelers should be able to craft infusions with stat bonuses and also bonuses to other things such as magic find or xp etc, I would like to make +5 Power +1 Magic find infusions, a full set would only add 18% magic find which I think is fair, they should also require a large amount of exotic essence of luck to craft.

They probably won't repeat the mistake of adding magic find gear , which existed pre-Sept 2013 (Pillaging , Wayfarer , Traveler , Explorer , etc). If you recall in core we had magic find gear and people were using it over full damage gear due to hope of better drops.

The reason it was a mistake back then was because people chose to use magic find instead of a main stat, my suggestion was to add infusions that give main stat and magic find all in one, so there really is no loss to dps, it is also not a power creep as we already have infusions that give main stat.