Do Rangers Need Rocket Launcher? Will It Be Good For PvP?

Trevor Boyer.6524

@Widmo.3186 lol nice one. I can respect it.

@ApaWanka.2698 said:I started to think that Trevor’s obsession by engineers is going a bit too far....

I suspect the he (secretly) already created an engineer character called Ranger (just to make him feel better ?)

Blasphemy, I would never play Engineer.

Army Ranger Police forever.

An elite spec of ranger with explosive weapons like rocket launchers that still used ranger skills like animals and plants rather than "ranged weaponry" would be OK but it seems like it'd be hard to make it work thematically and still be balanced. Either you're using less animal and plant skills so you barely look like a ranger, or you're basically two people, a ranger and an engineer, coming at your enemy. Real-life rangers aren't actually nature magic themed and can't summon wyverns or make trees grab you so this isn't a problem with real-life rangers.

I don't know about that.

There was one time that I saw this old woman across the street and she was watering plants while a dog was following her around, chasing squirrels away. Then I saw her grab a spray can and attack a wasp nest with it. And then it occurred to me that she may have been an IRL druid. She was dropping water fields, the dog was fearing the squirrels with its F2 skill, and then she attacked the wasps with condi damage.

I swear this actually happened.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@ApaWanka.2698 said:I started to think that Trevor’s obsession by engineers is going a bit too far....

I suspect the he (secretly) already created an engineer character called Ranger (just to make him feel better ?)

Blasphemy, I would never play Engineer..

That is why we call the character “Ranger”....

....so you can keep saying that you play “Ranger” and still use a mortero, rocket launcher or your loved grenades !!

You can even go into Photon Forge on your “Ranger”

?

@ApaWanka.2698 said:

Blasphemy, I would never play Engineer..

That is why we call the character “Ranger”....

....so you can keep saying that you play “Ranger” and still use a mortero, rocket launcher or your loved grenades !!

You can even go into Photon Forge on your “Ranger”

?

Yeah, ranger really doesn't mean ranged weaponry, it means someone who lives in the wilderness, "ranging." Rangers in this game can't even use guns, much less explosives. I'm not one of the people who hates technology or industrial stuff being in this game but ranger isn't going to be turned into engineer just because someone wants a gun class in their game that they don't associate with engineers from other games. Ranger is basically the most non-technological class in this game and that's how it's supposed to be, because rangers are supposed to be one with nature. The only reason there's technology in fantasy at all is to make a bunch of statements about progress and industrialization. I don't think a rifle elite spec for ranger would be out of the question but it'd be like "I'm a hunter and this is my gun," not "I'm a 21st-century Earth soldier and this is my arsenal of modern Earth weapons." Wanting ranger to turn into the pragmatic tech class is basically a troll level suggestion. Rangers aren't necessarily going to hate engineers and technology but that's not what they focus on, just like if you're a doctor you're not going to boycott plumbers and you're not going to show up to someone's house asking to plumb it.

Now, replacing engi's mortar kit with a rocket launcher would be great, and rocket launcher bundles seem like they'd fit in the charr missions in Icebrood Saga.

@Khalisto.5780 said:Remove longbow and make rocket launcher max 600 ranged we have a deal

Typo, obviously you meant 6000 range and guided. I completely agree.

@Shiyo.3578 said:No, rocket launcher is a new weapon which will never happen.

Ranger needs:Hammer with Herald Rev consume skills. Bruiser. No idea what to do about the pet ,maybe you turn your pet into a hammer and swing it around instead of it being a passive AI.

If no rocket launcher, then I want the new weapon to be greatsword. Yes, it allows ranger to put greatsword on swap 1, and on swap 2.

Let the QQ begin.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:Remove longbow and make rocket launcher max 600 ranged we have a deal

Typo, obviously you meant 6000 range and guided. I completely agree.

@Shiyo.3578 said:No, rocket launcher is a new weapon which will never happen.

Ranger needs:Hammer with Herald Rev consume skills. Bruiser. No idea what to do about the pet ,maybe you turn your pet into a hammer and swing it around instead of it being a passive AI.

If no rocket launcher, then I want the new weapon to be greatsword. Yes, it allows ranger to put greatsword on swap 1, and on swap 2.

Let the QQ begin.

I think you made a typo there, im sure you meant greatsword in hand 1 and greatsword in hand 2 so all skills has 2 charges.

That would make the rivers overflow in this forums