Your servers are getting laggy on more maps - [Merged]

6 AM EST on a thursday on NA servers - LITERALLY unplayable constant "rubberband"(Packet loss) lag in the same zone that's been lagging for over a month now, Bjora's marches. The zone is only getting laggier and laggier. No. it's not me, everyone in map chat was also lagging.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Shiyo.3578" said:6 AM EST on a thursday on NA servers - LITERALLY unplayable constant "rubberband"(Packet loss) lag in the same zone that's been lagging for over a month now, Bjora's marches. The zone is only getting laggier and laggier. No. it's not me, everyone in map chat was also lagging.

Same here can't play at all.. i'm in brisban wildlands server is a mess.

@"Shiyo.3578" said:6 AM EST on a thursday on NA servers - LITERALLY unplayable constant "rubberband"(Packet loss) lag in the same zone that's been lagging for over a month now, Bjora's marches. The zone is only getting laggier and laggier. No. it's not me, everyone in map chat was also lagging.

Yep, laggy as THE MOST KITTEN THAT HAS EVER KITTENED today in Bjora. If I thought it was bad for doing the little events (fishing, shrine defending, etc) it was nothing compared to trying to do the meta. Which we all gave up on.

I came back to finish the mastery so I can get my /shiver emote. Now I'm leaving until it's fixed.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@"Keitaro.9061" said:Anet... what are you doing?What are your plans on addressing this issue?When are you planning on releasing an actual "FIX" to this issue?

they are aware atleast that it's an issue, and released a statement recently about it (after so many months of lagging)

Initially I misread your statement like this: "after so many months of laughing (at us)"

The statement from Anet "The reality is there's no single sweeping change that can fix latency issues for all players, or even most players. " is not completely wrong. There will always be players that have local problems (i.e. bad Wifi/WLAN). And Anet probably has to make more than one single change to fix the problem.

But the statement is very misleading (and I would add: kind of dishonest) because the skill lags on the PoF/season-4 maps are clearly a problem on the side of Amazon/Anet that Anet and/or Amazon has to fix.

@"kharmin.7683" said:Sure that this has nothing to do with the entire world being locked up at home during a pandemic and that the internet infrastructure isn't currently able to handle the significantly increased load? Just a possibility, no?

Yes, I am sure: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1328421/#Comment_1328421

The cause for the skill lags is not my PC or the internet connection between my PC and the Amazon network, but it is somewhere in the Amazon network, probably at Anets servers/instances. If Amazon could not provide a good and reliable service to Anet, it would also be Anets problem, and Anet and or Amazon have to fix this.

@Selient.6018 said:

@"LordMorgul.9845" said:i don't know if related but today at sandswept isles was a terrible lag and i noticed a massive prencence in various spot of afk farmin necros, i tink this + metas has increased the lag at unplayable levels, can we have an option to select map overflow in cases like this? or u can deal at least whit afkappers ...

can you tell me where afker is?I know some of their spots but reporting in game is not working

91hPDY1.png

i can tell you specifically by now but near asura labs and all over the south map but there is a lot on other maps too like ember bay

@"Andy.5981" said:I've just taken part in the Thunderhead Peaks South Meta.

In all the years that I have been playing Guild Wars 2, this was the worst example of lag I have ever experienced.

It wasn't just me it was everyone taking part in it. Everyone was complaining about the lag. People were dying and not being able to do anything about it because their skills were just not working.

It is beyond a joke and it reflects very badly on Anet.

thunderhead is one of the map whit always lag, btw i was reporting that case particular but the whole lag in the game is going lit me and frends receive multiple "disconnection messages" and some lag spikes also today after fractals in a empty instance for 5 min the i got lag spikes, and trust me is not the line i play other games like overwatch battlefront ecc and no issues so is the game itself

@"kharmin.7683" said:Sure that this has nothing to do with the entire world being locked up at home during a pandemic and that the internet infrastructure isn't currently able to handle the significantly increased load? Just a possibility, no?

Thunderlag peaks has been at it for at least February on EU server. Things got definitly worse when they "fixed" brandstorm last week, now you can realiably fail south meta because everyone is frozen for more than 60sec out of 90sec playing

From looking at how things are going Steam release might be the biggest mistake Anet ever made if the game is not finished/playable before it. It can even be worse because selling LS4 episode can be considered illegal in quite few european countries

I was in thunderhead peaks doing a story episode last night where you have to place a trail of oil on the ground to start an explosion. Couldn't finish it because the lag was so bad that it would dry up one end before i finished laying the trail. Map wasn't at all busy but performance got bad during and after the meta event.

Just returned to the game after around a 10 month break. Proceding into the last episodes of LS4 and their respective maps. Been playing for around 2 weeks and been constantly experiecing lag and lag reports over the map chat all over the LS4 maps.I can play fine in the old maps around Tyria and Path Of Thorns but POF and LS4 maps can get a constant lag spike around the day. Sometimes it's so bad that i have to delay my actions on that map for a different time of the day.From what i understand from all the feedback i see this is something that's been going for MONTHS. This is a MAJOR issue with this game since it's gameplay is based on quick reactions.And since it's something multiple users are experiencing i can know that it isn't a problem with the ISPs or internet connections.Was excited with all the content i missed and planning to stay for a bit, but if this goes longer i'll have to just find another option to pass my time (and money).Was also trying to convince some friends to return but with issues of this kind, i'll feel bad advertising the game.

i tink maybe is the graphic engine pow and new maps have a lot of new effects, and all is bases on processor than graphic card, maybe a switch to unreal engine or dx12 will resolve those problems what anet thik about a change to UE? is a lot of work but other mmo too have doing this like bbo wow even gw1 has a graphical and dx enanchement ad upgrade

@LordMorgul.9845 said:i tink maybe is the graphic engine pow and new maps have a lot of new effects, and all is bases on processor than graphic card, maybe a switch to unreal engine or dx12 will resolve those problems what anet thik about a change to UE? is a lot of work but other mmo too have doing this like bbo wow even gw1 has a graphical and dx enanchement ad upgrade

It's packet loss and latency spikes, not FPS loss.

Hello, returning player here. The LW maps are lagging so much it becomes UNPLAYABLE at times (get it? it's a video game, we're supposed to be able to play it).Do you plan on fixing it? Or are you just ignoring the issue?I've never seen such lags on an MMO, it's shameful, let alone a successful MMO (that racks up money :) ).Thank you. :#

NA servers just crashed entirely and no one can even connect to the game. 3:53 AM EST, NOWHERE near prime time ANYWHERE in the united state.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/691694648745394268/755335283180044358/unknown.png

How do you expect your servers to survive being released onto steam, the biggest PC gaming platform on the planet?

@"Shiyo.3578" said:NA servers just crashed entirely and no one can even connect to the game. 3:53 AM EST, NOWHERE near prime time ANYWHERE in the united state.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/691694648745394268/755335283180044358/unknown.png

How do you expect your servers to survive being released onto steam, the biggest PC gaming platform on the planet?

Didn't crash for me; no issue playing for the last few hours.

It lags all the time, whether it's at night or during the day, a window pops up to move because there are no players, what about? surprise, the same lags, with ping 40, quests are done several times because they reset. Fighting some heavier monster that was killed before does not make sense because the lag will kill you anyway and you will have to run half the map ... waste of time. Eu server.'Sweet sweet lags'

Me and my two buddies started playing again. The lag is pretty bad. We are sure our ISPs are not the issue as 2 of us are located in different countries - and we would encounter the lag spike at the same time. There were also instances when all 3 of us got disconnected at the same time. It is annoying especially when we get disconnected while doing the PoF story as they are very long.