For all those who dont know how to rotate with a ranger on ur team

NotFound.7813

Im going to talk primarly about core ranger ( my main) and decap druid (wich is pretty much the same) not sic em (this build is a roamer) . Condi soulbeast is included too but not full trapper core or druid (this build is useless dont play it plz).

The first point and the most important : ranger is bad at team fight and not good at 2v2ing (most 2v2) .

This means try not to push your ranger to 2v2 or 3v3 by rotating into him. Let the ranger 1v1 or 1v2 , ranger has lot of self sustain and it will kite 1v2 and repush 1v1.

Take in mind ranger is good at two things , dueling and surviving a 1v2 but at the same time its the wort sidenoder at 2v2ing.

Ranger has almost no dmg while target kites out of node and motly all what a ranger can do is immob target with both entangle or jacaranda and try to gs burst.

This means only classes allowed to +1 are the ones with surprise high dmg burst wich are mostly power revenant and nades holo (burst on stealth and shiro port while high rotation speed) , reaper is maybe good too but its pretty easy to see a necro coming and kite out of node making all the rotation useless.

Take in mind if u +1 with a ranger u need to take a fast kill or let ranger decap/cap the point but this has to be a fast rotation . Why? Because u can make a ranger wich is winning a 1v1 lose a 2v2 with u ( cuz ranger is bad at 2v2).

Imagine this situation , ranger is dueling a scrapper on a neutral node and u rotate into him but then someone on the other team rotates too and u couldnt kill the scrapper . Scrapper has a better 2v2 matchup agaisnt ranger .

Thief as a roamer class usually dont like +1 a ranger cuz thief has not the same big burst like power rev or nades holo but this can still viable.

Some common rotations:Imagine u wipe at mid and there is a ranger 1v1ing on close , dont push close on respawn , just regroup (this is important) and push mid again . Why? Cuz if u push close on respawn enemy can generate a teamfight at ur close with ranger on it (pretty bad for u) .

The common thing will be enemy pushing far (ur close on this example) and try to kill ranger and win a three cap, but ranger can easily survive 1v2 or 1v3 while u regroup and easily win mid (when u win mid then u push close and try to decap far).

Gonna explain some comps ;The perfect comp to play with a ranger on ur team is thief/nades holo/reaper/support/ranger . If u got this comp let ranger close while thief decap far or both nades holo thief push far.(Eneny team can "counter" this comp by pushing 2v1 the ranger on close but then u shoulnt engage to a 2v2 just let ur thief/holo do the same on far and let ur ranger quite that 1v2 while winning both mid/far, then the ranger will repush 1v1 close and holo/could +1 there)

Whats the worse thing to play with a ranger? Another sidenoder like weaver (condi weaver and lr weaver) othet ranger or scrapper (generally other tanky sidenoders). Why? Cuz two sidenoders (imagine a comp with ranger/scrapper) are so bad if enemy team has a decent team fight comp ( for example nades holo(or power , shiro renegade)/reaper/support) .They will easily win u by playing two nodes . This will force one of your two sidenoders to team fight against a better team fight comp wich is pretty much a win while u cant rly push good 2v2 cuz ranger (in this case ranger should go far (trying to win a 1v1 against enemy sidenoder while scrapper should stay mid/close)If ranger cant 1v1 far u pretty much lose cuz u shouldnt be able to win team fight).

WHATS THE WORSE THING TO DO ?

Rotate into a ranger with a support build or a tanky one like condi rev ,bunker renegade scrapper ,core necro, tanky scourge,deccap scrapper etc or almost any other sidenoder . If a thief tryes to 2v2 with a ranger just unistall the game.

If ur ranger pushes far dont go with him , If u dying at mid dont go on a node where ranger is cuz u will be followed and then make a 2v2 or 2v3 on a possible won 1v1 by ur ranger(bad bad) , if u stuck with a ranger at least plz do it on a neutral node but preferible do not be.

U obviosly can tank a node at ur colour 2v2ing if ranger is on it (not if ur a thief)But for example on a example if u want to make a teamfight to tank close node let ranger rotate into mid .

Why is ranger bit good at ranked but not at at?

Cuz ranger has lot of winning matchups but at the same time it cant kill meta bunker sidenoders , at ranked u can pretty much trol a 1v2 and force ppl into node while getting kills out of node on bad necros or reapers with immob.

Thanks u for undertanding att a core ranger main

@Syiic.3724 said:Good information! Can i ask you what your rank is? Im also curious how high you can climb with core ranger.

Seasson after february patch ranger was pretty strong at ranked and i made it into legend. Right now core ranger is pretty acceptable tbh while both sic em and deccap druid r on a good stop (not meta) . Right now im moving between plat3 and plat2 soloqing (im not a top player or something). Ofc u wont carry like nades holo or thief .

Reminds me of one of today's matches.

So there we are on the Forest map, and the enemy ranger knows their stuff, they were kiting pretty good. I was playing explosives scrapper (not the best scrapper player but I am comfortable taking most 1v1s).

When I noticed I was falling behind in tempo vs ranger on the right sidenode (I am very inexperienced in this matchup), I changed places with my grenade holo who can throw grenades to kite spots. After that initial duel, I only engaged the ranger when I was sure it was a teamfight or when I had a lead on cooldowns.

I'm not saying ranger is bad, but it's possible to outrotate it when the ranger has a team with less... game knowledge.

@FrownyClown.8402 said:What I got out of this is you are a ranger that goes far all game and get mad when your team rotates to you.

Funny enough in the same exact match I explained up there, we also had a ranger who went far all game lol. I guess ranger players are like that.

Most of it is good. I think some versions of ranger just aren’t gonna carry ats, but some work. I did one time play an average at build for ranger except accidentally with marksmanship and birds against a somewhat high level team(best of best, ranked players etc.) where after capping home and getting decap far- with this build still held vs crev and ended up 2v3 with a power rev against crev, tempest + reaper where we not only held but got multiple kills and stomps. After this I do think it’s possible to 2v2 to some extent but this some build in other matches didn’t feel as good in 1v2s so idk it maybe in a grey area. Still you pretty much covered most points about what do with a side noder like ranger who might kite alot

@Dantheman.3589 said:Most of it is good. I think some versions of ranger just aren’t gonna carry ats, but some work. I did one time play an average at build for ranger except accidentally with marksmanship and birds against a somewhat high level team(best of best, ranked players etc.) where after capping home and getting decap far- with this build still held vs crev and ended up 2v3 with a power rev against crev, tempest + reaper where we not only held but got multiple kills and stomps. After this I do think it’s possible to 2v2 to some extent but this some build in other matches didn’t feel as good in 1v2s so idk it maybe in a grey area. Still you pretty much covered most points about what do with a side noder like ranger who might kite alot

Ye, in case of valk ranger (guess u talking about this marks build) u can land two bird mauls and pretty much one shot someone but i think u still have the lose matchup at 2v2ing.

Ofc a good core ranger can win 1v1 v crev (not core crev but glint crev) but i guess crev isnt that meta anymore.

What im pretty much talking about is scrapper cuz scrapper could tank the node while core ranger would ofc survive 1v2 but kiting out of node. Here is where decap druid has some value cuz it can push scrapper out of node 1v1(deccap only).

Idk man 2v3 a tempest/reaper/crev looks like a big meme moment xdd