New Expansion Teaser – Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons - [Merged]

@Fueki.4753 said:

@misterman.1530 said:I would love to see player housing

How'd you handle housing though?Like FF14 with the plots on limited copies of the same maps?Or like ArcheAge with limited plots in the Open world?Or would you just like for Arenanet to massively improve on home instances?

Fractal instance islands so everyone can have their own house.

@misterman.1530 said:I would love to see player housing AND romance. Thus, your player could romance an NPC (there would be quite a few to choose from). Once at a certain romance level, that NPC would maintain your player housing, including planting and harvesting crops and harvesting any player housing nodes. You would need to equip your girlfriend/wife or boyfriend/husband with harvesting tools. At a certain point, you can marry the NPC.

Both Housing and Romance would require a series of quests (for Romance, not stupid, expensive quests that require months of grind. SImple ones like getting flowers or some other gifts, conversation choices, etc.).

Hhahahaha romance.They used to have a simple love / forcity/ charming option back then with little to no impact.

I'd rather they just add an ingame marriage system like many other MMO , and people can join the hosts' wedding.It'd spice up some activities.

@"KrivukasLT.3507" said:Still waiting for expansion that would take somewhere new, with new stories, not this nostalgia trip :/

Depending on how they design it, Cantha may feel like "somewhere new", rather than a "nostalgia trip".Kryta felt completely new, not like a nostalgic return to GW1's Kryta.Ascalon also felt like a completely new place.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@angelica.7406 said:When do you think EoD will come out?

I would like it to come out for the Chinese New Year which is February 11, 2021, it would be great to celebrate it with the Lunar New Year in the Monastery as well as in Linde.

Or what are your speculations?

End 2021 around. Why? Because :

Episode 5 october 2020Episode 6 december 2020Episode 7 february 2020Episode 8 : April 2020Expansion : September 2021

But I didn't include any Vision Past or delay... it's very optimized^^

If Episode 7 and Episode 8 are released in February and April of
, will they be including a time travel machine? :wink:

Sorry xD 2021! 2021 XD

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Kalythsu.8350 said:Episode 5 october 2020Episode 6 december 2020Episode 7 february 2020Episode 8 : April 2020Expansion : September 2021

That's a very optimistic view.

I'd say we get the vision we are allegedly getting next at the end of Septembre and then an episode every three months.That'd place episode 8 somewhere in Autumn 2021.If we get not epilogue, the expansion got launch in time for the Yule festivities in Decembre 2021.If we get an epilogue, the expansion would launch two to three months into 2022 (possibly overlapping with Chinese New Year in February).

And I hope they take the time to make it good instead of the low quality of Season 5.

Impossile because in the Ends of Dragons trailer, say release 2021, not 2022^^

@Kalythsu.8350 said:

@angelica.7406 said:When do you think EoD will come out?

I would like it to come out for the Chinese New Year which is February 11, 2021, it would be great to celebrate it with the Lunar New Year in the Monastery as well as in Linde.

Or what are your speculations?

End 2021 around. Why? Because :

Episode 5 october 2020Episode 6 december 2020Episode 7 february 2020Episode 8 : April 2020Expansion : September 2021

But I didn't include any Vision Past or delay... it's very optimized^^

If Episode 7 and Episode 8 are released in February and April of
, will they be including a time travel machine? :wink:

Sorry xD 2021! 2021 XD

@Kalythsu.8350 said:Episode 5 october 2020Episode 6 december 2020Episode 7 february 2020Episode 8 : April 2020Expansion : September 2021

That's a very optimistic view.

I'd say we get the vision we are allegedly getting next at the end of Septembre and then an episode every three months.That'd place episode 8 somewhere in Autumn 2021.If we get not epilogue, the expansion got launch in time for the Yule festivities in Decembre 2021.If we get an epilogue, the expansion would launch two to three months into 2022 (possibly overlapping with Chinese New Year in February).

And I hope they take the time to make it good instead of the low quality of Season 5.

Impossile because in the Ends of Dragons trailer, say release 2021, not 2022^^

Hmm...I just watched the teaser (trailer), and I don't see or hear any mention of a date. Though, the News Blog does definitely state the release is in 2021.

@"trixantea.1230" said:This looks like GW2's version of Mists of Pandaria.

As someone who never played the original Guild Wars and knows nothing of Cantha...this was my first gut reaction as well. Yeah, I eventually played MoP when I returned to WoW 2 years ago, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...but the China inspiration was way too on the nose. It was pretty, and I do love the mythologies and landscapes of China, Japan, and other parts of the world, but the Asian influence was hitting me brutally over the head way too much. It felt very..."gross". I hope Cantha is not like Pandaria, and is its own unique take on an Asian culture. Is it more like China? Japan? Something else? Sounds like China based on the music. It makes me VERY worried, as a GW2 player who would be going into this blind.

@Moyayuki.3619 said:

As someone who never played the original Guild Wars and knows nothing of Cantha...this was my first gut reaction as well. Yeah, I eventually played MoP when I returned to WoW 2 years ago, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...but the China inspiration was way too on the nose. It was pretty, and I do love the mythologies and landscapes of China, Japan, and other parts of the world, but the Asian influence was hitting me brutally over the head way too much. It felt very..."gross". I hope Cantha is not like Pandaria, and is its own unique take on an Asian culture. Is it more like China? Japan? Something else? Sounds like China based on the music. It makes me VERY worried, as a GW2 player who would be going into this blind.

You are grossed out by Asia?

@Mortifera.6138 said:

You are grossed out by Asia?

No, that's not what I was saying. I was saying that WoW's use of Chinese culture, art, architecture, etc felt gross. It felt like a huge walking stereotype (though I do have to say that I fell in love with the mantis race and their storyline, and there were specific characters in MoP who grew on me).

@Moyayuki.3619 said:

It in guild wars 1 was much, much darker than mists of pandaria. It also was much more mature with how it handled its narrative; And the environments looked unique and different from one another. For example, Luxxons were basically pirates stranded on the jade sea which had become literal jade. They had adapted to the land-scape and had sea-weed constructs with pulsating magical cores, turtle cannon siege monsters as well moving cities. (Think the jawa's massive truck cart when they abduct the droids in star-wars. Looks a lot like that.) And thats scratching the tip of the iceberg with them, as the jade sea has thawed or partially thawed they might of adapted to land and sea now. (As well the ecosystem might of returned to whatever it was previously to the jade winds.)

Kurzicks were more gothic, and vampiric in both appearance and culture. They were traditionalists who valued magic over technology or advancements in war-fare and were extremely strong martially. They too had various different forms of combat. For more information I REALLY suggest to everyone in this thread to watch the heralds video; A bit long but it will catch you up and get you up-to-date as well acquainted at the very least with what to expect. I highly doubt cantha has changed much, Isolationists never really adapt as quickly and since most of cantha was traditional (Outside of the luxons who likely, were treated as second class citizens based on the actual canthan's view of them) would likely stick to their roots. In fact it might be much darker than we originally remember due to the jade winds being reversed; Even partially and with the current state of tyria and the saturation of magic and their xenophobia I don't believe it will be like PoF. Im thinking it will be hostile, dark and gritty just like HoT was as the jungle wanted us dead more than the dragon did at times. I very well see us in the expansion having to deal with their customs and overcoming YEARS of stoked racial tensions between the humans there and the different species everywhere else. (Wouldn't mind a cult of the dragon with the emperor being at its head. Which then could explain where is god-tier power comes from.)

Btw, has anyone floated the idea of Jormag potentially being melted and that's the second water dragon in the expansion logo? GW2 writing team always finds a way to jam a rusty fork into any sort of soft story spot (which can be super tiresome after a while..........), so I'm assuming at the end of this story Jormag is either going to corrupt / wound / kill / something bad to Aurene. We'll get our usual bittersweet ending of kinda defeating Jormag but not really as usual, and I'm thinking we'll melt the dragon. I hope that's not the avenue they go, b/c any kind of emotional response isn't always good, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they go.

Anyone else have any thoughts on a melted Jormag being the second water dragon?

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"TheUndefined.1720" said:Anyone else have any thoughts on a melted Jormag being the second water dragon?

We don't even
know
whether Selbbub actually is a water dragon, so it hardly makes sense to speculate in Jormag becoming a
second
one.All we know about Selbbub is that it's called the Deep-Sea Dragon because of its physical location.

600px-EoD_Texture_Trans.png

First time I'm hearing of "Selbbub," so thanks for the intro lol.

In the logo, there's clearly two -water- dragons, both dragons have frilly webbed fins on their faces, so it really seems like a hint at 2 separate water dragons that I'm assuming will be in conflict since they're in the yin-yang position (one above / below - opposition as well as their coloring). I don't think Jormag is -the- water dragon. I think if the real water dragon is either in cahoots with the Canthans (Canthans kick out all other races, so does the water dragon kick out all aquatic races) OR the Canthans have subdued their water dragon problem into a deep slumber. This is all pure speculation. It just seems like we're getting duality in this logo, so I figure ice is just frozen water, melt it and you get that second dragon in the logo. I don't think I've seen anyone really talk about this yet, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm also behind on Icebrood Saga b/c I'm a GW1 fussy stubborn player and it really irks me to see how GW2 writing team has handled that whole thing, so I might be missing some lore on Jormag that might be forshadowed in the saga. ;P

@"TheUndefined.1720" said:600px-EoD_Texture_Trans.png

First time I'm hearing of "Selbbub," so thanks for the intro lol.

In the logo, there's clearly two -water- dragons, both dragons have frilly webbed fins on their faces, so it really seems like a hint at 2 separate water dragons that I'm assuming will be in conflict since they're in the yin-yang position (one above / below - opposition as well as their coloring). I don't think Jormag is -the- water dragon. I think if the real water dragon is either in cahoots with the Canthans (Canthans kick out all other races, so does the water dragon kick out all aquatic races) OR the Canthans have subdued their water dragon problem into a deep slumber. This is all pure speculation. It just seems like we're getting duality in this logo, so I figure ice is just frozen water, melt it and you get that second dragon in the logo. I don't think I've seen anyone really talk about this yet, please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's just the logo of the expansion, it doesn't need to mean anything.The PoF logo had no relevance to anything in PoF either.The HoT logo had nothing much to with the plot either, except for "Ohh, thorns."You could draw parallels between Trahearne sacrificing himself and Jesus dying (since the logo reminds me of Jesus' barbed crown), but that's as far as it impacts the content of HoT.

For all you know it could just mean that Selbbub simply developed fins and gills to 'breath' in its sleep underwater.The lower part just looks like a slightly-distorted reflection to me (which is a common occurrence with watery surfaces) that is slowly being sucked up into a the wave (because we know that waves suck in water to get bigger).For me, that just looks like a purely artistic decision with no bearing on the story.

I only hope that they finally work in a real explanation for what drove Abaddon mad. I've been speculating that he maneuvered Shiro into that suicide attack for some reason. Now, it seems reasonable that he might have been committing a pre-emptive strike against the Deepsea Dragon. If it in turn struck back and made him insane at least we'd have SOME rationale behind all that happened.

@Malavian.4695 said:I only hope that they finally work in a real explanation for what drove Abaddon mad. I've been speculating that he maneuvered Shiro into that suicide attack for some reason. Now, it seems reasonable that he might have been committing a pre-emptive strike against the Deepsea Dragon. If it in turn struck back and made him insane at least we'd have SOME rationale behind all that happened.

If being imprisoned in the realm of torment and drowning in his thirst for revenge against the other gods does not count as a real reason, then there will be no real reason for you.Using Shiro to defile Dwayna magic likely was part of his revenge.

Not everything has to be retconned into being connected to the Elder Dragons.

@Telwyn.1630 said:Well if were going to Cantha maybe we get too have the Tengu as a new playable race. Or we go to too the Domain of the 4 winds before going to Cantha.

I would not hold my breath on this one considering all the armors that will have to be modified for the new race.

Consider that they dont even fix the old armor clipping for already existing races.