Does the guild cape have to look like such trash?

Title says it all folks, the guild cape you earn in game looks like absolute trash! I get that this is a marketing strategy to sell better looking and more detailed capes in the gem store, but does it really have to look like they spent all of five seconds designing it? This isn't an subjective view either, its an objective one. Don't believe me? log into the game, when is the last time you seen anyone running around with the guild cape? Thats right, because it look like an absolute dumpster fire. 100 years spent waiting on capes only to have the guild cape look like your character stole a table cloth from the children table to tie around their neck!

@xXMapcoXx.9614 said:Title says it all folks, the guild cape you earn in game looks like absolute trash!

Are you talking about the napkin? - Yes, awful for a cape that is supposed to represent your guild pride. :-1:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Perhaps, the Runic Cape would be more pleasing. Easily earned in-game.Or, Prince Rurik's Cape was offered at no cost in the Gem Store for Guild Wars' anniversary;

All of which can't be used to display your guild's logo.

it (or another) might be offered at the next anniversary.

Hopefully!

Good luck.

With what again? ;)

But.. but... I like our guild's official towel. Remember it's good to have your towel at hand for whatever troubles you may get into. Nothing like a good towel...And it's great for polishing floors in raids.However, I do agree that a more representative guild cape is needed in addition to this practical one. (It could be a guild cape/glider combo for that super-hero flying pose...)

@"The Greyhawk.9107" said:Wouldn't mind Anet making a better version of the guild cape, but I'll get over it if they don't.

I feel that the guild cape was Anet's compromise to players who might complain about having to spend gems for a cape. However, they couldn't make it as good as purchased capes as it could possibly affect sales. Why would people buy a cape if the "free" guild cape was just as good? /shrug

When I first saw it I got the feeling that the emblazoned gemstore cape was originally going to be a guild cape too, but for some reason they just stuck a sword emblem on the back instead. Maybe because not everyone is in a guild.

Maybe they'll add a better guild cape in the future, if not I'd happily buy one in the gemstore.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"The Greyhawk.9107" said:Wouldn't mind Anet making a better version of the guild cape, but I'll get over it if they don't.

I feel that the guild cape was Anet's compromise to players who might complain about having to spend gems for a cape. However, they couldn't make it as good as purchased capes as it could possibly affect sales. Why would people buy a cape if the "free" guild cape was just as good? /shrug

I was more thinking a of making a second guild cape, rather than replacing the current one. Could even be Gemstore if it had to be, really DGAF so long as it looked better and I could put my emblem on it.

@Donutdude.9582 said:Nothing much wrong with the guild cape. It looks nice when dyed correctly and allow you to represent your guild. I used it exclusively on my Guardian (main) until Rurik's cape released. Once an Ascalonian, always an Ascalonian.

it looks like absolute trash i can prove it by logging into the game and no one is wearing it.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Perhaps, the Runic Cape would be more pleasing. Easily earned in-game.Or, Prince Rurik's Cape was offered at no cost in the Gem Store for Guild Wars' anniversary; it (or another) might be offered at the next anniversary.this has absolutely nothing to do with my post? so your answer to the guild cape you earn in game looking like ass is to just wear something else? great! literally added nothing

@xXMapcoXx.9614 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Perhaps, the Runic Cape would be more pleasing. Easily earned in-game.Or, Prince Rurik's Cape was offered at no cost in the Gem Store for Guild Wars' anniversary; it (or another) might be offered at the next anniversary.this has absolutely nothing to do with my post? so your answer to the guild cape you earn in game looking like kitten is to just wear something else? great! literally added nothing

My apologies. My take on the scintillating OP was a lament on capes that could be earned in-game.

It's now clear that it's a different bee in your bonnet.

Best of luck.