Cantha Expansion and Steam release bring new players from other regions?

Zhenfx.9541

So with the coming of the Cantha Expansion and the release on Steam, i was curious if Guild Wars would be adding new server regions other than NA and EU in the future? I ask this because i noticed that the Cantha Expansion has a eastern type of art which i think makes the game more interesting since it's like a mixed culture feel. And with that type of art, i think Guild Wars 2 can bring in other players from other regions with the same interests in the MMO genre. Sure the game is more or so towards a western type MMO, but i still enjoy playing the game since it's the only virtual world that i've played and explored with great visuals, graphics, content, etc. It would be cool if the game could have more servers for other regions since that would make the community more diverse in its own unique way. So will GW2 bring in more players from other regions into the frey, or will it still be the ones in the NA and EU?

doesn't mean that the next expansion is "eastern" themed would mean we'd get asian servers. regarding players we'd definitely get more players from the exposure by releasing on steam, especially on regions where GW2 is less known but it wont lead to an Asian server unless the amount of new players it would pull from South Asia, South East Asia and East Asia would amount to or be on par with either NA or EU's player population (which i doubt, but would be nice if it happened) and even if it did happen it still wont guarantee an Asian region server would open.

for more info on a similar discussion see this thread:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/107985/sea-server-for-heavens-sake#latest

tl:dr it is very likely that ArenaNet doesn't have the funding from NCSoft to even consider opening one at the moment, and WvW would lack players from said new regional server (players can't play with NA/EU people). the only way for an Asian server to open for GW2 is to have a local publisher from the SEA/Oceania Region to license the game and open up local servers (said publisher would pay for servers, maintenance, marketing the game locally, etc.etc.)