Should Norn get an update?

Einlanzer.1627

@Einlanzer.1627 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:There's a ton of problems with Norn as they are now, but how they look is not one of those.

Subjective claims are not objective claims.True. But then the same can be said about your view. This whole thread is all about purely subjective feelings.

Yeah but I never presented my view as if it was objective.I don't think i need to specifically tag every opinion of mine with words "in my opinion". I assume most of the forum readers are smart enough to not need that reminder on every post.

I wouldn't make any changes, except integrating the spirit forms into their biology. You know, kinda like worgen in WoW, who can swap between human and wolf form (aesthetic change only), both being customizable from the character creation screen. Also, more tattoo options, which would be shared with the spirit form.

Or maybe just turn spirit forms into combat tonics, I don't know. Anything except the lame racial elite skills we have now.

@"Taylan.2187" said:I'm most annoyed by how ridiculous the difference between female and male Norn is. You can make the male characters look like a yoga ball but the females all have to be nicely thin of course! Either allow players to make female Norn characters with Zarya-type butch physique, or synchronize the appearance of the male characters to the female variants so they look less like Santa Claus and more like a tall giant. No reason for the double standard, just seems like basic sexism.

And before someone starts insinuating things, I'm a thin straight guy who's quite fond of thin female characters, I just genuinely think that the double standard is unfair. ^^

Same here. Why do the men look, well, comical, while the women look like Nordic Supermodels?

Had the same issue with the old he-Man toys/cartoons when younger. Power fantasy or not, it was insulting how "uncanny valley" they looked.