Vermilion Wings Are Causing Performance Issues For Everyone Who Plays The Game

I create one more video: as you can see "Burning aura" on this wings buggy itself you can see same effect on new skyscale https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Incarnate_Flame which also result in FPS drops. I have model limit and quality on lowest and it's not affect wings - quick fix could be disable backpacks as well when you set lowest quality for models.

I did suggest it many times over, solution to this problem will be Character Model Limit - None.Means only NPC's model will be loaded and only targeted character model ( ally or hostile ), depending on Character Model Quality setting.Also i've noted many times that on top of Basic character model, backpack weapons infusion's effects still loading, making Basic Character model to be irrelevant. Not a single armor set can create such amount of particles as legendary weapons+backpack+overstacked infusion effects.

To notice players around and their movements we have nameplates.

• 1 month later...

Are there any updates? This problem has been around for over two months already. New Vermilion chair don't have this problem even it have simillar fire effect but it's static so it's animation issue I guess? And fun fact I played with this wings a lot in raids and people always complained about FPS drops but noone respond here people always blamed servers while real problem is wings.

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly can't believe this bug has been around for months and hasn't been fixed, I am gonna start following anet around when they are streaming using that skin as a chrono so I can spam a billion of clones and make their fps get absurdly low. Maybe that way they will fix the performance issues that they have introduced.

Here is another video of the problem (not mine), it's clear that the wings are causing heavy performance issues which should have been fixed months ago. Although not everyone seems to be experiencing the issue.

For me on WvW whenever I get to an area where a mesmer is fighting using the wings my fps gets decreased by 20 instantly, in WvW/PvP I have the option to turn on standard models which fix the issue, but I don't have this option in PvE (I wish I had).

• 7 months later...

Are there any updates? It's been almost year since introduction of laggy items like backpacks and flame Skyscale.

I like this skins but I lost all my groups just because I want to play with these skins while people can't because their fps drops below playable. 

Just add option to disable other people back items and other skins like it's done on WvW where there are no problems with such laggy skins (but there are many other problems like skilllag) 

Unfortunately I stopped playing my favorite game already few months just because I can't play with friends using skins which I like.

3 hours ago, Kron.2351 said:

Are there any updates? It's been almost year without any response or resolution. 

As far as I'm aware, there has been no information on whether Arenanet fixed it (or at least tried to) or not.

But Arenanet isn't known to respond on the forums anyway.

"Legendary trinkets that are available with and without visual effects, like Conflux and Transcendence, will now feature a visibility toggle for their effects."

Can we have same feature to disable back items of other players???? 

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
8 hours ago, Incurve Giidis.7829 said:

guys

just remove the legendary status (shows up with model limit/quality on Lowest)

its not that hard

This is not the solution my man, i today got them and wanted to post a bug and just read this thread.
I dont know if i should use em or not since my pc is ok but if i impact everyone's else performance id rather remove them

• 1 year later...

Vermillion Wings are still eating 30+ frames when looked at up close (say within melee range).

Edited by Altriba.8092
Further testing revealed that from behind or from the front, melee range observation of the vermillion wings yields a considerable fps drop.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1