Other trainers

iNaddict.8021

Unfortunately not no..

This is something that has been requested quite often tbh and it's disappointing that there are no trainers around to help learn mechanics like how CC skills work and how to use combo fields etcThe best I can think of is that NPC in Queensdale that kinda teaches you how to block with a shield but that's associated with a heart quest and not really much of a trainer.

@iNaddict.8021 said:wow .. that’s dissapointing.. lol.. i spent ages looking around if i missed one.. but it was just the one dodge one.. how weird

Yeah I feel you, I'd love a few more to help you learn other key mechanics like CC's and combos like I mentioned.. but alas there are none im afraid.Those are mechanics you'll either have to learn as you play or learn from tutorial videos or advice from other players.

They're not difficult mechanics to learn by any means but they are things you can easily ignore and not learn to use until much later in the game which by then you'll likely have been playing a certain way for so long you won't want to adapt to them despite the benefits lolFrom personal experience I can admit to that as well, it took me literal years!! to start actively using combo fields in my builds.. no joke!!

It's definitely far better to learn these things as you're learning your characters, it'll be far more helpful later on when you're fighting stronger things and you don't have to think about your skills when a commander etc is calling for everyone to CC the big bad thing lol

@iNaddict.8021 said:wow .. that’s dissapointing.. lol.. i spent ages looking around if i missed one.. but it was just the one dodge one.. how weird

Yes, that's nicely put. In fact, it's an affront that there are no proper tutorials for beginners - GW1 was more advanced in that regard. In GW2, you have to do tons of reading (Wiki, 3rd party sites) in your first months to get a hang of things.