News about Sunqua Peak

Jorhn.3926

@Tayga.3192 said:I like the face of the boss.

However, I am definitely not a fan of textures (especially trees and grass). They look like they are from Guild Wars 1.

Honestly I'm not very excited about fighting more elementals, besides that though, other than some of those building assets, most of what's in the trailer looks pretty similar to what we've seen in past content before. I'm NOT saying that it wont be fun, but come on. I'd at least like to see them try a little harder to spice up what we are looking at. Hopefully what we've seen so far doesn't reflect what's in EoD too much.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Kadsik.9281 said:other than some of those building assets, most of what's in the trailer looks pretty similar to what we've seen in past content before.

They look like a mix of Caledon Forest and Metrica Province.

You seriously basing this on the ground texture and rocks you see or what?Nothing in that video gave me that vibe at all.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Kadsik.9281 said:other than some of those building assets, most of what's in the trailer looks pretty similar to what we've seen in past content before.

You seriously basing this on the ground texture and rocks you see or what?Nothing in that video gave me that vibe at all.

It looks like bits of Dragon Stand with Volcanic Fractal oddly thrown in.

I’d have to agree that the video, at least on my phone, looks a bit flat compared to the zones they’ve released. It looks a bit like something they already had done and threw in some oriental buildings and pink cherry blossoms to give it a Canthan vibe.

@Bast.7253 said:

It looks like bits of Dragon Stand with Volcanic Fractal oddly thrown in.

I’d have to agree that the video, at least on my phone, looks a bit flat compared to the zones they’ve released. It looks a bit like something they already had done and threw in some oriental buildings and pink cherry blossoms to give it a Canthan vibe.

Exactly, you definitely explained it better than me.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@zealex.9410 said:it seems like only the final boss will get a cm version and not the entire fractal. Sad.

During the live stream they did say that they are doing things a bit different for the CM, perhaps the boss changes depending on the week or takes on characteristics of the other bosses?

Yikes honestly. Like dont get me wrong if the fight is good ill praise them on that. But, after 20 months of no fraftal, and more than 3 years of no cm, to only potentially get a third of a cm is disappointing.

Its will be nice ifs the fight its done well, but after the w8 its simply not enough and they need to do better.

I have a mixed feeling about this fractal at the moment.. I do have high expectation :) my expectation include story, furniture and the look of the game the trees looks cool, but the map looks a combination of what we have seen volcano fractal, etc. what I would like to see is like some place closer to Asian this includes weather, more various plants. rocks mountains and importantly the creatures ..eg in black myth: WuKong trailer. but let see. Thanks for the free new map. :)

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:it seems like only the final boss will get a cm version and not the entire fractal. Sad.

During the live stream they did say that they are doing things a bit different for the CM, perhaps the boss changes depending on the week or takes on characteristics of the other bosses?

Yikes honestly. Like dont get me wrong if the fight is good ill praise them on that. But, after 20 months of no fraftal, and more than 3 years of no cm, to only potentially get a third of a cm is disappointing.

Its will be nice ifs the fight its done well, but after the w8 its simply not enough and they need to do better.

They seem to be hyping the CM to be difficult with mechanical changes, plus doing all the achievements to unlock the CM in a way adds content.

@"Vavume.8065" said:Pink weapons... no thanks.

Welcome to Mesmer Wars 2.

As for the Fractal aesthetic, I'm guessing either the assets for EoD aren't done yet or they want to mostly hold them back in order to keep EoD as fresh of an experience as possible.

Concerning the CM, we'll just have to see. Considering it's just one fight it is a bit concerning though, especially as new "flagship" 100CM, it will be interesting to see what they do with the fight.If it's comparable to other CM's in length, it could be a bit much as ~15 minute non stop fight, if it's just a quick 3-5 minute fight it'll be fairly disappointing on the other hand, and also get farmed really, really hard and probably receive reward nerfs fairly quickly, which then screw everybody playing it normally - so I'm curious how they are going to balance that.

In terms of Recs, I hope the non-CM version isn't overly long.

Whatever the case will be, after 3 years of no new Fractal endgame content, I'm glad we are getting anything at all at least, and them trying to bolster the fractal population with a community event indicates to me that they are considering to put more resources into that content, should the population be there for it.