1 Match

Ovark.2514

I'm playing glass as always. I get a few downs but I end the game with 0 kills thanks to battle-standard and bs glyph. Everyone on their team is playing a condi-bunker with CC out the azs. Completely ridiculous. I'm so done with PVP until we get actual balance. How in the world anyone thinks this is fun is beyond me.

@"Starbreaker.6507" said:"Guis I tunnel vision for damage and can't cc a 2 sec banner cast. Pls fix so I can focus on pewpew k thnx"

Haha NO. I have to use all my CC just to get a down. Then i have to sit there and watch as a war walks away casting battlestandard to completely ruin all my hard work.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"Ovark.2514" said:completely ruin all my hard work.

Work smarter, not harder

Yes but

Is it ok when a p2ish player playing a neglected class should have to play twice as hard to be able to outplay a g2ish player who is spamming a fotm meta?

The balance gap between OP or Viable vs. Neglected is larger than it ever has been right now. It seriously needs attention worthy of a hotfix, especially aspects like the cast times and effects & usage of some of these revive skills lately.

I've had AT matches lately where we go in with a p2 team who is rolling some comp like: Core Guard/Herald/DP Daredevil/Soulbeast/Mirage "no revive skills" and we are vs. something like a g3 team of Tempest/Firebrand/Scourge/Scrapper/Renegade "revive skill spam team" and although our p2 team is greatly outplaying the g3 team as they fumble around missing their attacks, misusing their dodges, burning CDs for no reason, and making poor rotations, they are somehow making pace with us point wise 300 to 300 because every time one of them gets downed, they immediately pop up off the ground.

These revive skills lately are just too much. They need to AT LEAST do something like double the cast times of those skills so there is realistic time frame to interrupt them.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:These revive skills lately are just too much. They need to AT LEAST do something like double the cast times of those skills so there is realistic time frame to interrupt them.

For starters they MUST fix mist form/glyph bug. Then we can sit down together and have a long talk about how op holo and scrapper is.

Oh and also about banner and glyph I guess.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:These revive skills lately are just too much. They need to AT LEAST do something like double the cast times of those skills so there is realistic time frame to interrupt them.

For starters they MUST fix mist form/glyph bug. Then we can sit down together and have a long talk about how op holo and scrapper is.

Oh and also about banner and glyph I guess.

And don't forget to nerf stomps at the same time revives are nerfed.

• 4 months later...

I have a potential suggestion. I'm curious what others might think of it.

What if Anet updated poison with a new effect. Reduces healing by 33%, further increased to 66% against downed targets.

What this means is that poisoning a downstate body becomes a viable means of counterplay when dealing with rez skills. If my mental math is correct, this will prevent them from rezing even if the rez skill is cast immediately.

I'm not sure about the exact number, but perhaps this is one avenue Anet could take.

@Kuma.1503 said:What if Anet updated poison with a new effect. Reduces healing by 33%, further increased to 66% against downed targets.

I actually like that idea.. Or just lower any healing a downed player receives by 33% or something.. from every source no matter if it's rezzing, aoe heals, ...I've always disliked how some specs could just facetank any damage in a team fight. Or maybe even only allow rezzing while out of combat. Or remove downstate completely in sPvP. At least when I'm thinking about WvW I had the most fun during those No Downstate events. For PvE, especially open world, it's nice to have downstate but imho it doesn't really work anywhere else..

@snoow.1694 said:Meanwhile ArenaNet is working on new chair skins lmao. Guild Wars 2 always had potential, but the devs have the wrong priorities.Yea.. because the art team is also invovled in software development and designing game features.. duhh..You do realize that the gemshop team(s) are not only financially sustaining themselves but also sustain the rest of development right?

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Bring a sb thief w/ sword dagger. Deadly arts, shadow arts and trickery. Dont even need damage just get skelk venom and basilisk and spam poison and boon rip.

Run a healbreaker with hammer and sigil of absorbtion and winds of disenchantment.

Switch any sigil for sigil of doom.

Sb, sword+dagger and poison? spam stuff from 2 different weapon sets? i dont think you are playing gw2 on 2021, cause what u said makes absolutely no sense.